AVAILABLE 7X SERIES PARTS--USA MARKET (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OGBeno

23303-56040
GOLD Star
Threads
Hi All:

Figured I would start a thread that chronicles 7x specific parts that are available through normal Toyota procurement lines here in the USA market.

Obviously, we know that 7x series parts are available here as a fluke due to the suppport needed for the mining industry in North America (Canada, US, Mexico, Central America).

While most of these parts are 7x specific, there is a lot of cross-over as we all know. Chassis components were the same with 6x vehicles of the 1980's. Then front end components became the same as US 80 series components starting in 1999, and lots of other cross-over that is good for parts availability as well as stockpiling (one of my favorite hobbies...)

I would prefer this thread be only as a place where we discuss parts, the cross-reference-ability, availability, pricing, usage, etc.

There are a lot of experts in the 7x series forum who have great knowledge on these topics, so I hope that folks like @rick_d, @cruiserdan, @Hulsty, @lostmarbles, @Akella, @crushers, @roscoFJ73, @ForealBoreal, @cruiseroutfit and others (sorry if I missed your name) will chime in to correctly indicate information so we don't have a myriad of opinions and we stick with facts. :) This place can also be a place to discuss discontinued Toyota items and work-arounds.

These parts can be diesel-specific, petrol-specific, chassis and engine specific, etc. Ideally any and all parts.

I know there is a thread in the diesel/24v section of MUD, but since there are so many variants of these vehicles across 30 years of manufacture, it is worth while also including things like body parts, electrical components--everything 7x specific. The specific thread in the Diesel/24V section seems to specifically deal mostly with engine components, thus it seems reasonable to have a more encompassing thread for everything 7x specific. I have linked the diesel thread sticky here for a direct shot: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-diesel-part-number-thread-no-chit-chat-or-parts-requests.42417/

If folks don't see this venture as useful or educational, then I will be happy to delete it. :)

I hope many folks can contribute as we can then build a really good database for current and future 7x series owners.

Best regards.
-onur

Since I started this thread, figure I might as well post my findings....

:)

These parts below were ordered for a 1985 BJ70-MR vehicle (FST, STD, 3B/H55/vacuum split case):

Front Grille (black, non-chrome, has holes for the diesel emblem):

IMG_8280.JPG

IMG_8292.JPG

24V regulator:

IMG_8294.JPG

IMG_8295.JPG

Glowplugs (NipponDenso):

IMG_8298.JPG

Windshield gasket (this has no channel for trim and is for a windshield that does fold down):

IMG_8282.JPG

Cowl weatherstrip (at the back of the hood assy):

IMG_8286.JPG

Valve cover gasket (3B engine):

IMG_8288.JPG

Hood rests (for windshield to rest on. Has integrated locking mechanism):

IMG_8291.JPG

Diesel gas cap:

IMG_8308.JPG

I have multiple invoices to myself and when I get some time I can put a list together. I do not have fancy pics in the wrappers/boxes for most of it because its on the truck......:lol:

I have multiple invoices to myself and when I get some time I can put a list together. I do not have fancy pics in the wrappers/boxes for most of it because its on the truck......:lol:

Well I like pics of parts as you know from back in the day of putting parts away in the warehouse. ;)

But any information for a thread like this would be useful Dan. Thank you.

I believe this is still in the system
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429185325.228121.jpg

It came with my 73 as a spare fuel filter. I think I'll just change the element itself, thank you. ;)

I believe this is still in the system
View attachment 1062218
It came with my 73 as a spare fuel filter. I think I'll just change the element itself, thank you. ;)

Sure is. Available through any Toyota dealer in the US. The actual element itself is 23303-56031-- also available from any Toyota dealer in the US.

This filter is applicable to any Canadian or US 3B engine during the 1980's.

Also applicable to 3B powered 4x/6x vehicles from the early 1980's (1980-1982) in the JDM.

Also applicable to B and 3B powered trucks for the European market in the 1980's.

Another good one which has a much wider application: 23303-64010 which is just the element itself. Again, available in the US market, but you will need a valid VIN to get this released from TMS, USA. Also, a parts guy willing to do the leg work to get this part. The whole assy (as pictured above): 23300-64080 and is not available in the US market.

IMG_8318.JPG

Sure is. Available through any Toyota dealer in the US. The actual element itself is 23303-56031-- also available from any Toyota dealer in the US.
I have two on the shelf and one in the truck thanks to you.

Another good one which has a much wider application: 23303-64010 which is just the element itself. Again, available in the US market, but you will need a valid VIN to get this released from TMS, USA. Also, a parts guy willing to do the leg work to get this part. The whole assy (as pictured above): 23300-64080 and is not available in the US market.

View attachment 1062223

Does this filter assembly / element have a water separator? If so, that looks to be a good upgrade for the one I posted.

Nice work. Rotors and inner c-clips are the same as the 6x iterations. Most of the soft lines are 6x iterations as well (with subtle differences)

:clap:

Do I get extra points for any parts not installed that I am hoarding on a shelf?

Again 1988 JDM BJ74: Signal flasher (24v), clutch booster seal (RHD) and the plastic hood support rod clips
20150416_075047.jpg
20150416_075101.jpg
20150416_075200.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom