Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

interested in a 16 gallon tank, depending on price and install requirements

Also interested in the 16 gallon.

interested in a 16 gallon tank, depending on price and install requirements
Thank you. We have confirmed that the install is/will be straightforward with the exception of canister relocation.

Kit includes dual-tank filler using the OEM fill point/door, nozzle restrictors, transfer pump, combo tank control/gauge, etc. as listed here

Install instructions are here, not including canister relocation. We will produce a supplemental/expanded installation manual with photos and a YouTube video.

Price will be the same for 45, 24 and 16 gallon variants.

upload_2017-10-13_6-58-45.png

SHIPPING COST / TIME

When they get to Stockton, the tanks will reship via UPS Ground. Approximate rates below for Seattle, Salt Lake City, etc. Should cap at $100 or thereabouts.

Travel time ranges from two to five days depending on distance and subject to weather, of course. UPS Ground is an economical and reliable logistics partner with good tracking and support, but Winter weather, Summer storms, etc. can wreak havoc at times.

upload_2017-10-13_7-41-4.png

QUESTION

We appreciate the interest and enthusiasm of this thread's viewers and posters. Lots of acquired knowledge and wisdom, which we would like to tap into with a question as follows. Any input, experience, comments owuld be much appreciated.

Have you had any issues with your stock 200 Series fuel tank such as:
  1. Unvented expansion of the tank on a hot day of crawling?
  2. Bubbling / boiling of fuel when the cap is removed?
  3. Extended "belching" of vapor when the cap is removed?
  4. Vapor lock, fuel-related error codes or other indicia of pressure issues in the tank or related systems like emission filters, etc.?
We are hearing that some OEM fuel issues have been resolved with the addition of an aux tank......

thanks and :cheers:

Do you have pictures of how low below the frame the tanks sit? Or at least length in inches below the frame?
Do you have dry weights for these tanks?

I currently have a 12 gallon setup, and like the idea of doubling, but with my wheeling style, I need to keep weight and ground clearance in check. Ground clearance as in rock gardens, not just departure angle.

What will be your ordering mechanism? Through your corp. website or through this site?

What will be your ordering mechanism? Through your corp. website or through this site?
Good question!

First order is gone - test installs, basically. A possible second order ("Early Adopters") could happen in the next two weeks, for 200 Series owners willing to jump in before we have the US install instructions / video due mid-November. The Early Adopter order will be offline, invoiced by email, not our online store. ETA for that is late November.

When our stock order arrives in January, we will add the in-stock items to our store for online purchase.

Any pic of the 24gal installed?

Good question!

First order is gone - test installs, basically. A possible second order ("Early Adopters") could happen in the next two weeks, for 200 Series owners willing to jump in before we have the US install instructions / video due mid-November. The Early Adopter order will be offline, invoiced by email, not our online store. ETA for that is late November.

When our stock order arrives in January, we will add the in-stock items to our store for online purchase.

Good to know. I wouldn't mind one taking up space in my garage until instructions happen; it will take me at least that long to find someone with the skills. I don't have them.

Do you have pictures of how low below the frame the tanks sit? Or at least length in inches below the frame?
Do you have dry weights for these tanks?

I currently have a 12 gallon setup, and like the idea of doubling, but with my wheeling style, I need to keep weight and ground clearance in check. Ground clearance as in rock gardens, not just departure angle.

This.

I'd like the 24, but wanna avoid scraping/Bashing my fuel tank(!!).

Looking forward to seeing dimensions, measurements when fitted, etc.

Last edited:
This.

I'd like the 24, but wanna avoid scraping my fuel tank(!!).

Looking forward to seeing dimensions, measurements when fitted, etc.
Lemme see guys...... :)

Stock 2013 LX570

Have you had any issues with your stock 200 Series fuel tank such as:
  1. Unvented expansion of the tank on a hot day of crawling?
Yes
  1. Bubbling / boiling of fuel when the cap is removed?

This was at Silver Canyon Road outside of Bishop CA. 80F+ ambient and above 9,500 feet.

1. Extended "belching" of vapor when the cap is removed?
Yes
  1. Vapor lock, fuel-related error codes or other indicia of pressure issues in the tank or related systems like emission filters, etc.?
I do get a check engine light (my fault) because I leave the cap a little open to continue vent it so it doesn't build so much pressure.

I also had this in my 1999 100 Series with 160L LRA tank. This one killed the truck a couple of times where I was stranded and car will not fire up at all (Death Valley) had to stay for the night on the side of trail. (not a big deal - it was a beautiful spot and amazing stars) Fired up like nothing happened the next morning.

Thanks for doing all of this.

Good to know. I wouldn't mind one taking up space in my garage until instructions happen; it will take me at least that long to find someone with the skills. I don't have them.
We know some skilled folks at a couple of installing shops in the area, doing general repairs and upgrades - HP brakes, Harrop/Eaton elockers, etc. - not certain they will be doing tanks, but trusted friends and partners...... Nathan and Vince at Forge Specialties (Fredericksburg) @35inchoverdrive and Ryan Bascom at OTRAM (Bealeton) @OTRAMM . Give 'em a shout if you are looking for an install shop for your tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom