Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If the 4 issues in post #13 are resolved, I'd love to have an extra 16 gallons on board. The OEM tank empties fast when towing.

Hey all, If anyone out there is thinking about installing a Long Ranger tank feel free to contact me about the whole process. I installed a 180 liter on my 200 two months ago. Best Mod on my truck ...worst experience very. No regrets thou.

I'm definitely interested in the small tank.

I am REALLY interested in a small tank but for a GX460. I looked under two trucks and there is not much difference. Maybe you can get one for a Prado 150 ??

I am REALLY interested in a small tank but for a GX460. I looked under two trucks and there is not much difference. Maybe you can get one for a Prado 150 ??
Howdy Virgil -
Yes, that is the plan. Lots of interest from the GX/4Runner communities, both 470/4th Gen 4Runner and 460/5th Gen. LRA can fit any offroad Toyota and we are working with them on a number of initiatives.

It doesn't appear that fitment is an issue on the 460, but plumbing and hardware are. The Prado 120 tanks come to to us as a complete kit to suit Prado 120s that came from factory as single tank models. The Prado 150 kit available is an upgrade to a two-tank vehicle, without all the bits necessary to fill, connect, vent, etc.

We will do a developmental install on a GX 460 to determine what is needed and then offer a complete solution. We have some folks in California as candidates. My wife has taken possession of "our" new GX (not new, but clean 2013 as below) and says "no mods that show." Since the aux tank displaces the spare on US rigs, you will have to relocate the spare to another location (swing out bumper, roof rack, etc.).

The 150/GX 460 tank is shown below, 36 gallons and good clearance. Happy to discuss if you like - PM me with your number.

Thanks, Ward

upload_2017-10-9_12-59-25.png

The tank in the picture will not fit my truck. I have the OEM towing hitch and on the US models is cutting the corners from the back to the frame. I could be wrong do. Maybe a good option would be to install a 20-24 gallons tank and leave the canister there ?? My main goal is 500 miles range in any conditions.
I would be ok with a transfer pump from one tank to the other and a gauge . I hope you can find a way to make it work.
I already relocated the tire. I welded another receiver on the tow hitch and the tire is out to the right.
I will send you my info and PLEASE keep me updated.
Thank you.

The tank in the picture will not fit my truck. I have the OEM towing hitch and on the US models is cutting the corners from the back to the frame. I could be wrong do. Maybe a good option would be to install a 20-24 gallons tank and leave the canister there ?? My main goal is 500 miles range in any conditions.
I would be ok with a transfer pump from one tank to the other and a gauge . I hope you can find a way to make it work.
I already relocated the tire. I welded another receiver on the tow hitch and the tire is out to the right.
I will send you my info and PLEASE keep me updated.
Thank you.
We are working with the vendor on a number of mods so I think we can get this handled :)

Add me to the list of serious interest. Also
Hey all, If anyone out there is thinking about installing a Long Ranger tank feel free to contact me about the whole process. I installed a 180 liter on my 200 two months ago. Best Mod on my truck ...worst experience very. No regrets thou.

Have you already described the process somewhere on mud? If so, can you post a link? If not... -would love to hear more details about trials & tribulations, etc. Awesome that you got it done!!

We are working with the vendor on a number of mods so I think we can get this handled :)

Please add me to the listed of interested parties.

I'm also interested in capacities above 16 gallons if possible.

Done! What size would you like?

-I Apologize if my hurrying here means it's been answered already (posting from work).

Anywhere in the 25-30 gallon range would be great, but a better guide (for me) is determining what can fit (assuming no spare) without creating a major scrape zone. Don't want to be dragging on my tank, etc.

Spoke to Mark @Mark Mehalic at length today and he said his 45 gallon tank has plenty of clearance so you should be good at 24-30. We have requests for 24 gallon 200 Series - waiting on LRA for details/options.

I'd be interested in a 24 gallon option for sure.

I could go with either, but would definitely prefer the largest tank that would fit. Long range adventure aside, filling up is a waste of time and as much fun as shopping at wallyworld. I would rather waste time installing the tank.

I could go with either, but would definitely prefer the largest tank that would fit. Long range adventure aside, filling up is a waste of time and as much fun as shopping at wallyworld. I would rather waste time installing the tank.
More than 45 gallons? :)

I see more people interested. Hopefully will bring the shipping down a little.
We are not ready to publish a catalogue and price list, but we bring a lot of stuff in from Australia and so far the numbers are pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom