Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

200 Series Update

We continue the development of our offering - products for the first pallets are being built.

.....and are happy to confirm that we can offer aux 200 Series tanks in 16, 24 and 45 gallon sizes.

Also, the install will have a single fill door as stock, but with split fillar points for main and aux tanks as shown below.

And yes, installing shops / resellers will be supported :)

upload_2017-10-10_7-33-3.png

Please put me down for a 24 Gallon for 200 Series, end price depending.

John

We are making a list and will keep you all posted. Pricing still a work in progress, @TonyP but probably won't hit that number with domestic shipping.... will keep you posted.

I'm interested in the 60L option that keeps the spare. Full disclosure I'm also in TonyP's thread as interested in the LR 70L.

I WILL be buying one of these tanks if not two. Right now there's so much price and timeframe variables we'll just have to see what shakes out I suppose. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned and I also hate the idea of Tony dealing with logistical headaches for a group buy with no return on his time investment. You guys as a vendor can at least make it worth your time to do so ideally.

The 16 gallon will be a game changer for towing. At 41 gallons total and 10.5mpg, I'll have better than stock range again at ~400 miles. Right now, I can only do 220 miles, while leaving some margin.

Un-tethered, figuring 14mpg, that's 550 mile range!

Really looking forward to this. Hope the price is right too.

I just thought of another use for an aux tank..... I carry a generator when I tow my Oliver travel trailer, so I also have to carry a 5 gallon jerry can of gas for it. With the transfer pump of the aux tank, it would be dead simple to refuel a generator, or another vehicle.

Just reroute the pressure hose coming off the electric pump to an easily accessible spot, install a selector ball valve (one inlet, two outlets), and add a short hose with a capped end. To refuel, hook up a long refuelling hose, flip the selector valve, drop the end of the hose into the other fuel tank, and run the transfer pump. The flow rate is small enough that the risk of spilling fuel would be very low.

I used to ride a KTM dirt bike with a 6 gallon tank, AKA the “KTM Valdez”, and I sometimes refuelled other bikes by gravity. Having an onboard pump would make it painless....

I would love to ditch the gas can for the generator! Comments?

John Davies
Spokane WA

The 16 gallon will be a game changer for towing. At 41 gallons total and 10.5mpg, I'll have better than stock range again at ~400 miles. Right now, I can only do 220 miles, while leaving some margin.

Un-tethered, figuring 14mpg, that's 550 mile range!

Really looking forward to this. Hope the price is right too.
We are working on a way to say yes, including price.

I just thought of another use for an aux tank..... I carry a generator when I tow my Oliver travel trailer, so I also have to carry a 5 gallon jerry can of gas for it. With the transfer pump of the aux tank, it would be dead simple to refuel a generator, or another vehicle.

Just reroute the pressure hose coming off the electric pump to an easily accessible spot, install a selector ball valve (one inlet, two outlets), and add a short hose with a capped end. To refuel, hook up a long refuelling hose, flip the selector valve, drop the end of the hose into the other fuel tank, and run the transfer pump. The flow rate is small enough that the risk of spilling fuel would be very low.

I used to ride a KTM dirt bike with a 6 gallon tank, AKA the “KTM Valdez”, and I sometimes refuelled other bikes by gravity. Having an onboard pump would make it painless....

I would love to ditch the gas can for the generator! Comments?

John Davies
Spokane WA
No comment on use of aux for an "oiler" connection, but we are having conversations on use of aux tanks as a dedicated potable water tank......

It doesn't appear that fitment is an issue on the 460, but plumbing and hardware are. The Prado 120 tanks come to to us as a complete kit to suit Prado 120s that came from factory as single tank models. The Prado 150 kit available is an upgrade to a two-tank vehicle, without all the bits necessary to fill, connect, vent, etc.
GX 460 UPDATE
We have a kit we can offer to suit the later GX series. One filler with transfer switch/gauge. More to follow, but a complete kit to meet needs of stock rigs. Will work with owners of modified trucks (as above in Virgil's case) as we roll out the offering.

looks promising...in for a 16 gal depending on final specs.
Great!

Have been too busy to post on this, but we are making progress and all systems are go. First install and pricing TBD.

Put me down for a 24 gallon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom