Auto Up Window Mod (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 91 HDJ81 has auto up and down factory and i believe it is controled by a box down in the drivers door, ill have to get pics and double check. It could take some of the guess work out as a plug and play item, as well as take the switches out and transplant them into us market pannel.

fajjas80,

Did you install the diod in the right direction?

I aready needle nosed my rocker and can't wait till tomorrow to visit radio shack.

You guys cracked me up! Very cool mod.

Yes jodo..I put it on exactly the way in the pictures shown in the thread with the marking side in the correct direction.. in fact took it out and put it in again but no luck.. could I have fried that part..I'll put pictures of how it looks

i was going to do this mod this weekend, but i just found out i have auto up already hehe

For all those interested in doing auto up and down on all four windows, buy two DEI 530T's. These are normally used to control windows with an aftermarket alarm but they also add auto up/down to the windows. They should work for auto/up down as a standalone unit :hmm:. Definitely not as cheap or as easy as Landtank's mod but you can do all of your windows. Throw another 530t on the sunroof for auto open/close AND auto tilt/close. If you actually install these with an alarm then they can be set to roll up all of the windows and close the sunroof when the alarm is armed.:cheers:

works flawlessly, thank you so much for posting this!

Dunno why after a year of seeing this thread I never opened it. I guess I assumed that it was much more involved.

From the drivers side window controls, can this be made to work the passenger window with out the DEI components?

From the drivers side window controls, can this be made to work the passenger window with out the DEI components?

Did this mod tonight, works perfectly! Was looking at our 100 series window switches today while driving it and realized that they are almost identical, and all 4 auto up/down. Now I wonder if the switches can be used from 100 series, and slipped into the 80 series housing. May have to take it all apart one of these days and see.

Did this mod tonight, works perfectly! Was looking at our 100 series window switches today while driving it and realized that they are almost identical, and all 4 auto up/down. Now I wonder if the switches can be used from 100 series, and slipped into the 80 series housing. May have to take it all apart one of these days and see.
I hope this works

For all those interested in doing auto up and down on all four windows, buy two DEI 530T's. These are normally used to control windows with an aftermarket alarm but they also add auto up/down to the windows. They should work for auto/up down as a standalone unit :hmm:. Definitely not as cheap or as easy as Landtank's mod but you can do all of your windows. Throw another 530t on the sunroof for auto open/close AND auto tilt/close. If you actually install these with an alarm then they can be set to roll up all of the windows and close the sunroof when the alarm is armed.:cheers:

Is this still the only way anybody has figured out get auto up/down on all 4 windows? and why would you only need 2 of the DEIs?

Last edited:

Are you saying that you did the mod to all 4 windows using Landtanks' approach to each switch and WITHOUT using the DEI 530T's? Can you explain exactly what you did.

Thanks

James

Yes, thanks to everyone for contributing on this!
My '93 now has auto-up and I'm loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Is this still the only way anybody has figured out get auto up/down on all 4 windows? and why would you only need 2 of the DEIs?

Each 530t can do two windows auto up and auto down.

Thanks for the info. Finally checked this off my list. So simple I should not have waited this long. This might be a warm up for the temperature gauge mod if I did not have to disassemble the dash to do so.

Thanks for figuring this out. I finally did this mod & it works great!

It was fairly easy to mount the diode on top of the circuit board with the rest of the diodes. Simply trim striped side of the diode mounting tab down to about 1" in length and the other side to 3/4".
Bend the diode striped side at 90 degrees. With needlenose plies slide it in and solder very lightly. This way it won't move when you bend the other side and maneuver it in the other hole. Pull the wire through and solder. Now loosen up the original solder and pull in the slack on that side. Re solder & trim the tips from both side. Put snap cover on and you're done!

BTW - I have a window switch assembly FOR SALE. It is from my '96 with this mod already done. PM me if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom