Auto Up Window Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woooohooooo!!!

ok, here's my version of this mod...

Here in Oz I guess the switch is just mirrored (on my 1997 LC). Have a look at the pics:

BEFORE:
pwrwinswitchb4py3.jpg

And AFTER:
pwrwinswitchafterbd8.jpg

The diode is a IN4002.
Thanks a bunch Rick!:cheers:

Rick,

Awesome mod. for only .99 cents! I just finished, it only took 15 minutes and works great. Thanx for the great contribution to MUD.

George

just did this took me an hour and 30cents and im no electrician only one thing can we have power to the windows all the time with having the keys out:cheers:

does anybody else find the auto mod makes them severly disappointed in other vehicles? everytime i get in my ford, i tap the switch and the window just cracks...then i get upset that i have to sit there and hold the button.

Many have reporting that replacing the rubber guides in the window have helped tremendously. I have bought the part for the DS but have not installed it.

-B-

I changed the window channels. Works great for me.

Next I try to do Landtanks mod. I sure hope I don't screw it up. Spare parts are scarce here. Maybe I better look for extra switches first.

Kalawang

Maybe I better look for extra switches first.

Don't waste your time. The mod is very easy. Just don't take apart that window lock button no matter how tempting it looks.

-B-

Completed mine the other day. About 20 minutes. Just learned today the window continues up after ignition is turned off and the key is pulled,,,,gotta love it.

Awesome mod and kudos to landtank.

Just learned today the window continues up after ignition is turned off and the key is pulled,,,,gotta love it.

Just don't open the door before the window gets to the top or the window will stop and you'll have to stick the key back in to complete the up cycle.

I'm repeating, but this is a fun mod. I use it every Saturday morning when I pick up my latte at the Starbucks drive-thru. Yummy. Somehow I can't drink my coffee without thinking about Rick. Is that too much information or ???

-B-

Last edited:
For those who were wondering, I can confirm that you can jack up this "unbelievably simple" mod. I didn't read the entire thread and got the diode's and put it together backwards. Fryed part of the board and burned up the auto down diode. Lucky Me... However, I took the extra diode from the package and attached it on the back side like you do for the auto up and it all works. Just wanted to be the first to say I F#$@ed it up.

Dave

For those who were wondering, I can confirm that you can jack up this "unbelievably simple" mod. I didn't read the entire thread and got the diode's and put it together backwards. Fryed part of the board and burned up the auto down diode. Lucky Me... However, I took the extra diode from the package and attached it on the back side like you do for the auto up and it all works. Just wanted to be the first to say I F#$@ed it up.

Dave

There always has to be that ONE guy :rolleyes:

Congrats :cheers:

We've all been there....case in point:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/226972-while-trying-rid-p0401-cel-i-learned-i-am-dumb.html

I just did this on my 91. It works through all years, 91-97. :D

Thanks god this post came out, The landcruiser community would never make it without auto-up:princess: LOL:flipoff2: I guess you can get your biggie fries and 2 gallon coke shoved in your mouth faster as pull away from the drive up window now. Just think, you will never have to hold the button again!

Last edited:
Thanks god this post came out, The landcruiser community would never make it without auto-up:princess: LOL:flipoff2: I guess you can get your biggie fries and 2 gallon coke shoved in your mouth faster as pull away from the drive up window now. Just think, you will never have to hold the button again!

not everyone wants to bastardize our trucks with chevy parts.

Never again!!

:lol:

Awesome thread!!! That was the #1 thing I miss the most from my Acura! Not any more. We did it tonight, took 30 min to do on an 80 and an LX450 combined. By the way Awesome thread!! Oh wait I already said Awesome thread!! Well Awesome thread!! thanks!

not everyone wants to bastardize our trucks with chevy parts.

or build hillbilly trucks :hillbilly:Trucks gone wild minnesota and mudfest

I finally got around to doing this mod. Super easy, works great. Thanks for all the smart guys who made these types of mods possible. Besides shoving my gallon coke and biggie fries in my mouth faster, I also think this mod is nice for rolling up the windows in inclement weather while keeping two hands on the wheel.:steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom