ARB rear bumper install questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed. Hanging the bumper and cutting the plastic is the easy part.

Thanks ... Hopefully I get it on this weekend.

I got the bumper in stalled and the skin cut, and the swing out arms installed. .. but the wiring remains to be done.

The skin I rough cut with a cutoff wheel, and then used a carpenter wood plane to shave it smooth to fit.

I have the same question on these locking pins which keep the swing arms open.

Should the pin be in place so that it pushes the locking pin toward the hinge? = This way you need to pull the pin back away from the vehicle to close the swing arms. (how I put it for now).
Or should the spring naturally push the pin away from the vehicle = you need to push the pins in to lock the swing arm open?

Do you have the install guide? If not check with whomever you purchased it from and they should have a digital copy for you.

The pins are naturally open, push and twist to engage the lockout.

Thanks! I have them backwards, will switch them around today.

I have the guide but was having some difficulty understanding that section.

The locking pin part confused me as well. I ended up accidentally putting one each way. I switched it so I have to pull the pins to open the swingouts completely. Seems that may be incorrect based on what @cruiseroutfit wrote.

Are the locking pins there to ensure the swingouts don't accidentally close when they're open? And they have to be manually engaged to do so?

...Are the locking pins there to ensure the swingouts don't accidentally close when they're open? And they have to be manually engaged to do so?

Correct

Guess I have more work to do on those then. 😆

Finally got the pdf files ...

example:

locking-pin.JPG

See, the way that's worded confuses me. If the spring is being pushed towards the bent edge of the locking pin, it would push the locking pin towards the bumper when the swingout is in the open position; meaning I'd have to pull the lock pin in order to open the swing arm.

It feels like what they really mean is to only push the spring back far enough so the first two coils are between the roll pin and the bent end of the locking pin. Not that as much of the spring as possible should be between the bent end of the locking pin and the roll pin. This is why writers are copy editors are important jobs ;)

Just an FYI Tip.
Do not take apart the tail gate bridging, rear panels, weather stripping, and go looking for the non existent "white male plug" like it says in the instructions. After doing that I called ARB and they said 90% of the 200's in the USA do not have this white plug.
Just take that other wire that has yellow, brown, green, yellow, red, black and tap into your trailer plug wires. Black and Red are the brake lights.
You can feed this wire harness through the hole by the jack without moving the panel. That module is to stop the lights from flickering.

Next I have Camera, backup lights and sensors.

I really need some help with the brake and signal wires on the bumper.

Where is the harness for the tail lights located? and what color are the brake and signal lights wires?

The "white connector" that is supposed to just connect the lights and everything then works I could not find. Then the ARB technical department told me 90% of the USA vehicles do not have this and they told me to just tap into the trailer light harness.

So I did that.

When I tap into the trailer light the yellow and green wires going to the really bright Yellow signal lights get power for both signal and brake (just like a trailer) so when I brake these Yellow Lights like up super bright. Plus the trailer harness doesn't have a dedicated brake light wire so the red brake lights are dim. The voltage for the trailer brake is too low so I can't use that blue wire.

I need to tap these 3 wires (green yellow red) into the rear tail light wire harness to pick up the signal and brake lights.

Has anyone done this?

Any help would really be appreciated.

I really need some help with the brake and signal wires on the bumper.

Where is the harness for the tail lights located? and what color are the brake and signal lights wires?

The "white connector" that is supposed to just connect the lights and everything then works I could not find. Then the ARB technical department told me 90% of the USA vehicles do not have this and they told me to just tap into the trailer light harness.

So I did that.

When I tap into the trailer light the yellow and green wires going to the really bright Yellow signal lights get power for both signal and brake (just like a trailer) so when I brake these Yellow Lights like up super bright. Plus the trailer harness doesn't have a dedicated brake light wire so the red brake lights are dim. The voltage for the trailer brake is too low so I can't use that blue wire.

I need to tap these 3 wires (green yellow red) into the rear tail light wire harness to pick up the signal and brake lights.

Has anyone done this?

Any help would really be appreciated.

This really helped me.

This really helped me.

Thanks, I was about to search for that post. Hope it helps.

Yesterday and today I've been working on getting the rear sensors installed so I can have radar cruise control again. I extended the wires, wrapped them up nicely, installed the sensors, and went for a test drive. The second I set the speed I got the (oh so helpful) "check cruise control system" message and the master warning light. I double checked everything when I got home and all the sensors are plugged in, the main plug is still where it's supposed to be and plugged in tightly.

I was running without the rear sensors for a while, so I'm not sure if I need to recalibrate them now they're installed again. Does anyone have any ideas on where I should look to fix the issue or what might be the problem?

I was running for a couple of months without my rear sensors, and I had no trouble using the radar cruise. I don't think the cruise depends on the rear sensors.

Do your sensors work now? In other words, if you enable the parking sensor system from the dash switch, do you get any errors on the info display? And if you back up close to something, do you get warning beeps?

Oh, ok. The radar cruise control stopped working the same time I took off the rear sensors so I was guessing the two were related. Turning on the parking sensor dash switch and backing into my garage gives a nice beeping noise and display of which sensors are active. Guess I got it installed correctly then 😉 Thanks @KLF

Now I'm wondering if 4WheelParts messed up the cruise when they installed the wheels. The slip indicator light has been on since I picked it up from them. 😒

My sensors are disconnected and my radar cruise control works fine.
Did you get your signal wires attached correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom