anyone using the Slee stripper pole tire mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow look what I've missed. I've since changed over to a rear bumper with a swing down tire carrier.
With the 3 ratchet straps securing my spare, it wasn't going anywhere. I'd jumped my rig unintentionally and the tire did not budge a single bit.
Why are you getting so upset bro
#umadbro?

I and several CSC club members have driven for well over 3 years (1 year for me) with the tire held by a ratchet strap :meh: Wheeled for well over thousand miles (just this past year myself) and many more than that for others. No incidents, no reports of near incidents or the tire coming loose.

I guess I do not get it :hmm: :confused:

Yeah. I wish Slee made a bolt-in mount for my folding camping chairs. Can't believe I've been so negligent all this time by not bolting them down.

31NS1PEM4OL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oh cool, let me know when someone comes up with a steel mount for a cooler and camping gear ;)

Ratchet strap held my cooler in place in the rollover as well. All my beer bottles broke but nothing leaked out. I do remember my stereo coming out from the dash and floating around in the cabin. The wiring kept it from floating to far from the dash.

I hate to contribute to this as its really gone sideways in discussion. But there is a huge difference between holding cargo in place while simply driving, wheeling or even a slow roll over and a head on collision at HWY speeds.

A heavy strap might do the job if installed correctly. A couple cheap Walmart specials may not.

Some people me included don't want to take that chance.

Typed poorly from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Haha sorry if you know me in person I am a smart ass. I am waiting on a passenger side version of MTBCoaches tire carrier, but I think other methods can be perfectly fine, no reason to call people cheap or negligent. This site is for fun and discussions of caster ;)

Yeah. I wish Slee made a bolt-in mount for my folding camping chairs. Can't believe I've been so negligent all this time by not bolting them down.

31NS1PEM4OL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

of all people Jose. i cant believe that thing isnt bolted down.

Do what you want said:
Is this Pirate? Not used to seeing this level of douchebaggery outside of chat. There is no need for insults and you don't have to act like an @ss to try and get your point accross.

And by the way, I believe Woody has a Badlands winch on his 80 and has given it a favorable review.

Ratchet strap held my cooler in place in the rollover as well. All my beer bottles broke but nothing leaked out. I do remember my stereo coming out from the dash and floating around in the cabin. The wiring kept it from floating to far from the dash.

You should have had a ratchet strap on the radio too! :D

too funny, pirate chat over mounting a tire inside the 80. there is a hundred different ways to do it. honestly if i remember right the motorcycle cargo straps that everyone calls wimpy are rated at 500lbs each, heck we use them to hold down our motor cycles and atvs all day long, they weight 2 to 3 times the weight of a spare tire. so putting 2 or 3 straps is pretty darn secure. again my 2 cents.

cheers

That looks like a ratchet strap, so you are liable to kill yourself if you use it for a spare tire.

Yes everyone is responsible for their own actions but they are made to secure entire vehicle not just a wheel/tire, 3333lb working load is fairly strong if you ask me. I personally like my space inside but don't see that is a problem for those who do choose to put their spare inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom