Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just my opinion, but black anything looks good on a Rustic Green cruiser.

Especially with the shiny new Toyota hubcaps!

Fixed an annoying rattle coming from the door stopper today, another one that came and went at different times. Depending on which direction I stuck my tongue out, and the phase of the moon.

A spring slipped over the rod for the door stopper, not a very strong one, just enough to keep the rod from rattling in the A pillar.
20190423_170110.jpg
20190423_170118.jpg

Be careful there....these rigs are meant to rattle! Too much quiet can force them into operational comas!o_O
Most of the rattles will still be there, there noise level is just below the engine and tyre sounds.😉

Got some parts in the mail today.

20190508_192232.jpg
20190508_192241.jpg

Anyone know a good source for some metal like this? These are 53" long, I need 3 of these at a minimum of 60" long.

20190508_192417.jpg
20190508_192438.jpg

How about a repost from another thread, of course a mandatory Cruiser pic doing what I usually do.
20190504_125648.jpg

Check your local county highway department. Those look like the posts we use around here for traffic signs and I bought six of them and cut them in half for hose reel holders. I will measure one of them tomorrow for you but I am headed out of state for a project. Be back Monday. BTW, I think I paid $10 each IIRC and they were about 9' long

Check your local county highway department. Those look like the posts we use around here for traffic signs and I bought six of them and cut them in half for hose reel holders. I will measure one of them tomorrow for you but I am headed out of state for a project. Be back Monday. BTW, I think I paid $10 each IIRC and they were about 9' long

They use a similar hat channel here for the street signs but it has a taller profile to it, maybe 2" or so. I need to stop at a local metal shop tomorrow regarding my fireplace, so I'll ask him if it's something he can source, or make.

I have a plan in my head, the ability to remove a rack from the top of my 40 but still leave the crossbars in place for other stuff.

Fly rods.

We'll see how this turns out.

Most of the rattles will still be there, there noise level is just below the engine and tyre sounds.😉

I think if I cleaned up all the beer caps and spent brass casings a few more of my rattles would go away.

They use a similar hat channel here for the street signs but it has a taller profile to it, maybe 2" or so. I need to stop at a local metal shop tomorrow regarding my fireplace, so I'll ask him if it's something he can source, or make.

I have a plan in my head, the ability to remove a rack from the top of my 40 but still leave the crossbars in place for other stuff.

Fly rods.

We'll see how this turns out.

You wanting to run something like a Titan or Big Sky?

You wanting to run something like a Titan or Big Sky?

Eventually yes, now that the market is starting to get flooded with different options for car top rod carriers, Trexle make one, and they have some Cruisers.

I haven't narrowed it down to which one I'm going to go with yet, first I need to get the roof rack situation squared away so I can expand on everything from there, plus I need a place to store Scepter MFCs when I'm also packing a cooler.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a rack system. Easily changeable/adaptable will be a nice feature!

I was thinking you could weld two angle pieces to a piece of flat stock. You could make them as long and wide as you'd like and then drill the holes that you'll need for the basket and other accessories.
I just picked up a con-ferr basket and I'm needing to repair the cross bars. I've been thinking of ways to fix what I have and/or replace.

I need one of these for mine. Is it the $39 variety?

I only dropped $20 and some change on it.
85035-60050 from Norwalk Toyota.

Eventually yes, now that the market is starting to get flooded with different options for car top rod carriers, Trexle make one, and they have some Cruisers.

I haven't narrowed it down to which one I'm going to go with yet, first I need to get the roof rack situation squared away so I can expand on everything from there, plus I need a place to store Scepter MFCs when I'm also packing a cooler.

If you can make use of them and have 2 66” and 2 58” Yakima cross bars I no longer need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom