Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stick as big a needle that will fit down those washer nozzles. Once you have it in as far as possible, gently push the needle in the direction you want the nozzle to spray.

If this doesn't work, don't try to force it. The next thing may be to shim the base.

Thanks boss, I’ll give it a shot soon!

I haven’t tried to adjust mine - it pretty much hit where I needed it to hit - maybe I got lucky? I’ve done the needle-stick adjustmentment @120mm mentioned on a couple of other cars but havent tried it on the 40.

I recently scored an old Con-Ferr roof rack on CL, price was right, and I could pick up during a volleyball tourney my daughter was playing in. It is a 4 x 5.5" rack, 6" tall, I would rather have found a 4" rack but for the price I'll live with it.

Now I need to find some gutter clamps, maybe @65swb45 still has a stockpile.

Been driving the 40 for the better part of this week, after checking valve clearances, timing, and carb tuning again. I still can't get a good vacuum number, hopefully this weekend I can get some time to check for a vacuum leak. It is solid at 12 in., the only way I can get it to climb is adjust the idle speed up to about 1,000 RPM. At about 700 RPM the vacuum hangs around 12-12.5 in. aside from that it runs like a champ.

I also downloaded a speedo app on my work phone and found that my speedo is about 10% off. I've been running at 70 MPH down the highway when my needle is hovering just over 60!

Mandatory pic.

It’s the only one I have right now.

C923D5ED-21D0-4990-AD6E-B17F1DE5F088.jpeg

I recently purchased a roof rack.
It is much to long but as you say the price was right. I will be having it shortened. So you think 5 and 1/2 feet is too to long?

I think the 5.5 is going to be alright, it’s the 6” height that I’m not a fan of, I would have rather found a 4” tall rack.

I have the full size Confer as well. I believe it is 7’ long. Got it from Mark @65swb45 at Marks Off Road. Need to clean her up and get some decking and new clamps to mount her up.

I recently scored an old Con-Ferr roof rack on CL, price was right, and I could pick up during a volleyball tourney my daughter was playing in. It is a 4 x 5.5" rack, 6" tall, I would rather have found a 4" rack but for the price I'll live with it.

Now I need to find some gutter clamps, maybe @65swb45 still has a stockpile.

Been driving the 40 for the better part of this week, after checking valve clearances, timing, and carb tuning again. I still can't get a good vacuum number, hopefully this weekend I can get some time to check for a vacuum leak. It is solid at 12 in., the only way I can get it to climb is adjust the idle speed up to about 1,000 RPM. At about 700 RPM the vacuum hangs around 12-12.5 in. aside from that it runs like a champ.

I also downloaded a speedo app on my work phone and found that my speedo is about 10% off. I've been running at 70 MPH down the highway when my needle is hovering just over 60!

Yes Ryan, I got a fresh batch of rack clamp parts a few weeks ago. Give me a shout next month when I’m more caught up with things and I’ll be happy to sell you some. Thanks.

I started to go fishing, just noticed the river is blown out. Looks like spring runoff is about to kick it in gear.

Oh well, I’m going to check my engine for vacuum leaks. Maybe go look at zero turn mowers when I’m done.

Have you decided on a color for your steelies? Smoke gray seems to be a crowd favorite here. I’ve also seen some pics of battleship gray and Massey Ferguson gray. Looking forward to seeing yours on.

Have you decided on a color for your steelies? Smoke gray seems to be a crowd favorite here. I’ve also seen some pics of battleship gray and Massey Ferguson gray. Looking forward to seeing yours on.

I guess it will all depend on what color is in stock locally, or if I go to one of those big box monopolies up in the big city.

One way or another it's going to be some sort of a shade of gray.

Found some play in the drivers side wheel bearings, tightened everything up and buttoned it back up.

I'm thinking I forgot to bend the lock washer over last time I was in it.

I still have a leak on both knuckles, even with the Marlin inner axle seals. I guess I can figure a knuckle job into the maintenance plan for the fall.

20190420_170612.jpg
20190420_170630.jpg

Good time of the year to turn wrenches
20190420_195455.jpg

Then again, maybe black would look good.

I used the Massey Ferguson grey which is readily available here off the shelf. It has grown on me (maybe because I'm used to seeing it on wheels with all the MF tractors around). I think it is a nice compromise between the lighter grey and black. Given my advanced age when I see a black rim it tells me that the guy lost a hub cap and can't afford a replacement...

I used the Massey Ferguson grey which is readily available here off the shelf. It has grown on me (maybe because I'm used to seeing it on wheels with all the MF tractors around). I think it is a nice compromise between the lighter grey and black. Given my advanced age when I see a black rim it tells me that the guy lost a hub cap and can't afford a replacement...
my reaction to black rims is someone's wearing black shoes with a light suit

Today I messed with that front bearing again, it felt like the preload on it was too much, so I backed it off and torqued it again, after some finessing it felt good. Preload was good with the fish scale.

Adjusted the rear drums as a general PM item, and rotated the tires all the way around.

Even though I'm about to get some new rubber I may as well eat up all the rubber that's left on there now.

After all that I ran it up into the mountains for a shakedown run, ran like a champ. Although there is a very annoying squeak coming from the driver door that I can't pinpoint.

It was also a good excuse to scout a small trout stream not far from home, it should be a good fishing creek by mud June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom