Builds Aimless build: 60 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Hojack Oh that's nice! I've never been up Mt. Hood for snow before, you've got me thinking I might have to plan a trip that way!

Well I'm on the hunt for a nv4500. My sm465 is killing me, and my fuel economy. I'm not getting any better than 10mpg with my 4.8L and I know it's supposed to do better. So nv4500 paired with a 205 or equivalent. And then dig back into the engine to solve the poor fuel economy is currently my plan for the winter.
I've also got to do something about my tires, I'm destroying my SX2s with all this dding. So...

@Hojack yeah, that 4bt nonsense, haha. Both my Dad and brother have 4bt in their 4x4s, an 80 series and a Grand Wagoneer. Someday I will as well maybe.

I bit the bullet and started ordering parts again for another push. Currently anti-wrap, onboard air, some extra lights and maybe a stand alone ecu? I’m still debating the ecu, Holley makes a cool standalone kit, self learning and all that...
:worms:

then on to a np205 hunt and maybe new front seats. I have some heated adjustable seats from a Porsche 944 laying around....it would take a fair bit of modification but compared to expensive Corbeau or PRP the Porsche seats are tempting.

6D4F82D4-D26E-4411-BBEA-0DE9BF47D1CF.jpeg

944 seats suck, heavy and uncomfortable

Thanks! @Hojack
I like them in my 944, when I removed the first set from from the car they seemed like a similar weight to the stock Land Cruiser seats. I could definitely be wrong though. At any rate, they are the RoW Canadian variant with heating elements and they are free to test in the Cruiser so I’ll give it a go. @cruisermatt

Maybe the manual seats are lighter, I’ve only dealt with the power adjusting seats. They going to be the first thing to go when I get to my 87 S one day

I think that could be one difference, the driver seat has some limited motor functions. I'm curious now, I'll weigh them when I have them all out. @cruisermatt

I still have them, they were pretty janky honestly. I think they are laying out by my roofrack that I still need to remodify...
They were cut up bushwhacker style flares. @Hojack

I think that could be one difference, the driver seat has some limited motor functions. I'm curious now, I'll weigh them when I have them all out. @cruisermatt

I still have them, they were pretty janky honestly. I think they are laying out by my roofrack that I still need to remodify...
They were cut up bushwhacker style flares. @Hojack
I like this style but still not sure.
E0002DC0-6952-47E2-B571-240EE9C793B6.jpeg

@Hojack is that the bushwacker style flare? Where did you find those?
I looked for flares for awhile, but gave up finding ones I liked. Australia has some cool products, but until it’s made illegal I’ll run my rig the way it is! I do plan on mud flaps front and rear though, I really want to get that done this winter too actually.

Trans-mount was making weird noise, so I replaced it with a unit from Energy Suspension. Seems like a nice replacement, and got rid of the rubber.
9A0A3092-48DC-42FF-9C9C-EF823546A566.jpeg

252E0D20-7DC1-49E3-A23D-7D020400AAED.jpeg

Ordered my trction bar from Ballistic Fab. And I’ve got some other goodies ordered, when black Friday rolls around I have a few other items I’m looking to order.

I made removable mud flaps, I've got to get out ahead of the legality stuff. I think they turned out well despite welding them on without a working hood and in the rain with very little accurate measuring!

IMG_9083.JPG

I’ve gots parts piling up, Viair constant duty air compressor, anti-wrap bar, lots of electrical things to sort out my engine bay. I’ve talked with Hamms Offroad about my rear bumper, I’m on his schedule in January sometime for that to be built. And I’m ordering wheels (Method 314 Matte Black) tomorrow, possibly tires (Patagonia MTs) as well?? Not sure yet.
I would be real sad to rash up the Methods but I’m sick of dealing with the headlock problems, and they aren’t street legal :rolleyes:
My goal is to knock some off my list over Christmas, but we’ll see.... family first and all that.

That auto correct gave me a good laugh :rofl:
Hah, shoot! I didnt even see that!
Oh, I have a buddy whose going to school up in Portland that claims he bought a Christmas tree from you! He sent me a picture of your Cruiser and everything.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, good times with friends and family!
Now for snow wheeling and winter project grinding until Spring!

Needless to say I’ve got a new radiator ordered. Should arrive later this week, and I’m getting my new wheels done up. Wheels changed from what I thought I’d get basically, budget sort of got in the way.
Should drive a lot better with this new setup, so I’m excited to see how it come together.
I’ll post pictures soonish.

“Don’t get stuck on one plan, it’s liable to disappoint”
Sun Zhu (probably.)

Anyone else noticed how difficult np205s are to find? Let alone a 27 spline...
it may be back to the drawing board, if I can get the same results for cheaper I’m all in. At this point I’m seriously considering 60 series tcase adapted to my 465. Maybe with a Marlin toybox as the adapter even. At anyrate, I’ve been busy making money and spending it, Holley ECU incoming and probably suspension seats cause I hate the stock seats. Time to get serious... again.

Until I get busy again and then this thread will inevitably sit dark for awhile....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom