Aftermarket Source for Toyota Connectors, Terminals, and Wires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davework

Cruiser Hardware: OverlandMetric.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.overlandmetric.com
I rebuilt my engine harness rather than spring for a new one and found a great source for Toyota connectors in the process.

What I found was that our Toyota vendors were relatively similar to these guys in price for the actual connector housings, but the replacement wires and terminals were very, very expensive from Toyota ($20 in one case for one wire!)

I had a lot of housings that were broken, but also had a lot of wires that had split insulation right where they enter the housing, so I wanted to replace the wires as well.

Found these guys on the web:
http://www.newunitedracetech.com/

Almost every connector was available, and all the terminals and wires were available. They have some refurb'd connectors also for a very good price.

I ended up spending around $100 to replace about half the connectors and wires on the harness. Each wire will run $2.50 from these guys with the terminal, so they still add up quickly.

What worked best was to give these guys a call, read them the 5 digit number on the connector, and tell them you want the terminal and wires with it (if your wires are bad).

Great find! Thanks for posting the link.

Any updates on potential vendors for harness connectors and pins?

Don't have the luxury of reading a number, since the numbers are all in Spanish (that's humor for you 80 guys) and looking for connectors and pins to redo a harness.

Any updates on potential vendors for harness connectors and pins?

Don't have the luxury of reading a number, since the numbers are all in Spanish (that's humor for you 80 guys) and looking for connectors and pins to redo a harness.

These guys (Homepage | The Plug Dealer LLC) bought the above people. Their connector search is hard to navigate. You have to know exactly what you need, i.e. specs, to navigate.

Dave,
What year is your cruiser? By any chance do you have an all encompassing parts list?
Thanks

I found this thread while searching for related stuff and thought I'd add to it.

The connectors used on the 80-series seem to be Yazaki 090-ii. On ThePlugDealer.com, select "2.3II(090II) Connectors" from the "Family Name" drop down. They list all of them as out-of-stock. Maybe they're not worth stocking, or maybe their store is just broken.

20170927161743-ec0b2062.png

Eastern Beaver also sells 090 connectors:

090 Connectors

I rebuilt my engine harness rather than spring for a new one and found a great source for Toyota connectors in the process.

What I found was that our Toyota vendors were relatively similar to these guys in price for the actual connector housings, but the replacement wires and terminals were very, very expensive from Toyota ($20 in one case for one wire!)

I had a lot of housings that were broken, but also had a lot of wires that had split insulation right where they enter the housing, so I wanted to replace the wires as well.

Found these guys on the web:
http://www.newunitedracetech.com/

Almost every connector was available, and all the terminals and wires were available. They have some refurb'd connectors also for a very good price.

I ended up spending around $100 to replace about half the connectors and wires on the harness. Each wire will run $2.50 from these guys with the terminal, so they still add up quickly.

What worked best was to give these guys a call, read them the 5 digit number on the connector, and tell them you want the terminal and wires with it (if your wires are bad).
Great info. I bought a brand new 94 engine harness for $400. A guys time is worth something.

Thanks for finding the female TPS and IAC connectors @Pierce.

Fellow Mudder Gurus...

Does anyone know what the TPS and IAC male connector P/Ns are and or where to find/order them from?

Really looking forward to making a 22 inch plug and play supercharger wire harness extension to avoid splicing/soldering.

Thanks in advance all for your support!

3DF91D43-433D-4399-AF08-924C5103E505.jpeg
Here’s the 4-pin connector I ended up with. They are the correct type.
C46D5516-F894-4DCC-90B4-33B18F4F75BA.jpeg

And after soldering the wires onto those posts I have a longer than needed extension.

The 6 pin connectors should be in later this week. Fingers crossed.

Michael and I went to the pick-n-pull - same-vintage Camrys have them

They actually are. I’ve only done maybe 20k miles since install but it’s going pretty well. I had to change the way I attached the wire on the 4 pin connector (post #16) that hat the posts sticking out the back.

I initially soldered the wires to the post. The soldered joints broke after a few thousand miles.

what worked was crimping some more of the extra female metal connectors on the wire, attaching them to the posts and then soldering them on. Going for 15k miles or so.

These are what I ended up using.

US $2.25 10% Off | AMP Tyco 4 Pin Throttle Sensor Plug 1JZ-GTE 2JZ-GTE 1UZ 3SGE TPS Wire Connector Female Male For Toyota 178399-2 184046-1

US $6.71 15% Off | Sumitomo 6 Pin 6189-0029 1JZ-GTE 2JZ-GTE IAC Accelerator Throttle Pedal Connector For Toyota Suzuki ECU ICM Ignitor

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom