Aftermarket Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Im looking at A. Having a console made or B. finding a tuffy like box console that will work. Whats everyone using or wanting to use. I use my console but its plastic and thats not fantastic.

I got my fabricated and very happy with it. I moved my ebrake to under the steering wheel (from 4Runner). Look up under my id

Another Mud member installed a Tuffy 013, you can search with that and see the results. Looks good to me and I'm planning to do it too. I need something to lean on, though additional and slightly more secure storage would be nice too. If you YouTube Tuffy console you'll see vids about how easy they are to break into. It's not that secure is the takeaway.

I used a VDP deluxe ultimate (4 cupholders and a 6-pack ice box:beer: ) in my fj62 and thought it was the bee's knees. Not sure it would fit in an 80, but worth measuring.

492-41517.jpg

Another modified a center console from a 2006 Tahoe and made it look original. Not sure where the thread is here.

Another modified a center console from a 2006 Tahoe and made it look original. Not sure where the thread is here.
I have a tough time searching the forum for links. but Im searching

Ive done evrything to it mechanically now Im looking at interior. ordered up leather corbeaus this morning a rhino rack foxwing awning was going to go recaro but 4k is a bit much

@RFB What don’t you like about the stock console, what are you looking for in an aftermarket one?

Last edited:
I put in the Tuffy console some time ago. I moved it forward enough to be able to fold the 2nd row seat forward as that was important to me.
That necessitated moving the cupholder up higher in front.

There was no interference with the shifter, but it's not ideal. It doesn't bother me, but the space below the cupholder is unfinished yet, I still have to do something about that.

I also mounted 3 Ram Mount 1" balls to the front of it and they're very solid.

If I can find the pics I'll post them up. I like it, it's enough of an armrest and I also mounted a strap on the driver side of it to hold a molle bag.

Reactions: RFB
Another Mud member installed a Tuffy 013, you can search with that and see the results. Looks good to me and I'm planning to do it too. I need something to lean on, though additional and slightly more secure storage would be nice too. If you YouTube Tuffy console you'll see vids about how easy they are to break into. It's not that secure is the takeaway.
Waiting to put one of those in myself. Planning to replace the lock, which is a weak point. Ideally with Medeco.

Reactions: RFB
@RFB What don’t you like about the stock console, what are you looking for in an aftermarket one?
I dont dig the fact its so low and far over to the right, and Id like something a bit more solid. Do NEED one but would like to swap a new one in with new seats.

I put in the Tuffy console some time ago. I moved it forward enough to be able to fold the 2nd row seat forward as that was important to me.
That necessitated moving the cupholder up higher in front.

There was no interference with the shifter, but it's not ideal. It doesn't bother me, but the space below the cupholder is unfinished yet, I still have to do something about that.

I also mounted 3 Ram Mount 1" balls to the front of it and they're very solid.

If I can find the pics I'll post them up. I like it, it's enough of an armrest and I also mounted a strap on the driver side of it to hold a molle bag.
awesome, look forward to pics

What cooler console is that?!?! It looks great. Did you have to relocate the parking brake, and if so how did you do that?

What cooler console is that?!?! It looks great. Did you have to relocate the parking brake, and if so how did you do that?

If you're talking about mine, which I'm not positive, it's two-tone grey. I'm planning on painting it to match, at some point, but it's far down on the to-do list. However, it's one of the best mods...nothing like pulling an ice cream sandwich out at a stop light :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom