ACC Rear Door Tire Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trailasaurus_Lex on IG used to have one. Looks like he's been through numerous front bumpers. Unless you mean the tire carrier... then yeah, no one here has one yet.

There are quite a few Becky mounts out there. GXOR has over a half dozen. I am in ATL and know the ACC guys so I have been in the shop and watched the fab process. I also know all the testing they have done, and the costs to create it. The multiple doors and steel pile is real that they burn through to make it right and clean. This is all a matter of debate in the end. I am looking forward to seeing how the JW holds up over time. Becky too. I have wheeled with two GXes with the Becky and the thing doesn't even wobble offroad.

I can't find any pictures, but ours has wheeled 3 good trips this year with no issues. (One of which was about 10 hours of boulder Creek bed that included a hit that trashed our RCI gas tank skid, never thought twice about the spare, skid ended up ratchet strapped up, spare never budged) The ACC shop truck has many more on it.

I've got my opinions, but I don't see any need to keep beating that horse. The only thing I will add as food for thought is; does everyone running a $2k set of shocks really need 2.5s and remote resi's when a pair of bilstein 5100s will accomplish the same goal for 90% of folks. Does everyone push their GX soo hard that fade really dictates the additional fluid capacity, hell no, but almost every truck you see now has resi shocks (guilty here, but we got a helluva deal). Price point is what you're willing to justify to yourself or significant other. If you don't see the value, it doesn't matter how much I try to convince you, you still won't see it how I do. But at least we can (mostly) have civilized discussions about it and not get ugly.

Lets all agree that the fact that new and innovative products being made for our trucks is great for all of us.

Last edited:
I can't find any pictures, but ours has wheeled 2 good trips this year with no issues. The ACC shop truck has many more on it.

I've got my opinions, but I don't see any need to keep beating that horse. The only thing I will add as food for thought is; does everyone running a $2k set of shocks really need 2.5s and remote resi's when a pair of bilstein 5100s will accomplish the same goal for 90% of folks. Does everyone push their GX soo hard that fade really dictates the additional fluid capacity, hell no, but almost every truck you see now has resi shocks (guilty here, but we got a helluva deal). Price point is what you're willing to justify to yourself or significant other. If you don't see the value, it doesn't matter how much I try to convince you, you still won't see it how I do. But at least we can (mostly) have civilized discussions about it and not get ugly.

Lets all agree that the fact that new and innovative products being made for our trucks is great for all of us.
i wouldnt be worried about the rear door falling apart if I had billy 5100’s those things force you to go slow. I got the 2.5’s because I like to go fast.

i wouldnt be worried about the rear door falling apart if I had billy 5100’s those things force you to go slow. I got the 2.5’s because I like to go fast.
Heck you guys dont even have speed limits out in MT do you? :steer: :D

True, it has hauled a 33" spare on a steel wheel around the trails at Windrock ORV at GSMTR earlier this year, did several miles of rough creek bed in Coppengers Cove a few weeks ago, got banged around at Hot Springs ORV this past weekend and will be hanging out at choccoloco ORV next month. The GX has seen more trail time with Becky than without at this point and, as noted above, have taken some pretty hard licks with it on the back and hasn't flinched. Again, price point is what you make it, bit I'm happy and after installing it, I will tell you its legit.

I am glad to see innovation and competition, but as has been noted, believe it or not, ACC did do a lot of vetting and the current design being sold is version 3 or 4 of their design, and I firmly believe the competition will continue to evolve and will likely get close to what you see here before it's all said and done and the pp will reflect it.

Only picture I can find right now.

0908191543.jpg

That was before the Cove trip about a month ago

Any idea if the Becky will work with a Gobi ladder? Haven't seen anyone running both, wasn't sure if someone has done a test fit and confirmed it one way or the other.

Someone on GXOR, maybe the ACC owner can’t recall who, said it would not work with the Gobi ladder. I honestly think a nice setup would be to have the Becky plus an aluminum rear bumper but that would get kinda pricey after adding it all up.

What is an option is the Becky plus a 4x4 Labs basic rear bumper or Coastal Offroad. Then you don't have to mess with a swingout and get a nice rear bumper too. I had two different swingouts on my 80, while functional for holding the spare, convenient they are not. I really like the idea of opening the rear hatch, and nothing more. If you DIY the rear bumper, the cost is less than a full bumper with swingouts.

echo on the "convenience" of a swing out. And I have only had it for 2 weeks :poop:

I've had my swing out since 2012 I think? I'm so used to it I don't even think about it anymore lol

That :censor: rock....

Someone on GXOR, maybe the ACC owner can’t recall who, said it would not work with the Gobi ladder. I honestly think a nice setup would be to have the Becky plus an aluminum rear bumper but that would get kinda pricey after adding it all up.
This is what I am doing actually. AL rear bumper is on order for December arrival. Then I am going to continue to watch the Becky for a while as the funds recoup and then most likely pick up a Becky.

I'm still holding out that the ACC (or Becky) can be installed further right-of-center so that a Gobi ladder still works. No way I'm getting rid of my ladder, I use it quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom