ACC Rear Door Tire Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you combo the becky with a mountain passes slim bumper is nearly the perfect setup for the weekend warrior.

If you combo the becky with a mountain passes slim bumper is nearly the perfect setup for the weekend warrior.

If I didn’t want the full rated hitch capacity this is exactly what I would have done! But I spoke with Mountain Passes and he recommended I stick with the stock receiver for my goals. With that I’ll probably go for the Wilco Hitchgate Solo Hi-Clearance as well instead of the Becky.

The becky has a high convience factor. Coming from someone who's had a Wilco and a swing out bumper, sometimes it would be nice just to open the door.
I think there is some saying. ‘You pay for convenience...’
I know Dan is the ACC defender and I get that they are selling. They would just sell a lot more of them at a $6-700 price point.
But they own the market so why drop the price until someone else competes? Smart on them to charge what the market will bear. Bad for us... 🤷‍♂️

At least the choice exists and I am no mind reader but I think many are just happy to some companies innovating with the GX world. ACC is one of the very few doing that today.

What's "the MULLET"??? See bottom of this page (in reference to covering the reverse lights)....

I am currently dialing in a rear high clearance bumper with no swingout. Once that is on and paid for I will be looking closer at the Becky. Plus some of the early adopters will have more time on the trail and as long as all is well I am doing it. The amount of engineering and labor involved in building this part its priced pretty well at $1k.

Mountain Passes rear slim = $850
Becky = $1000
or
MetalTech Rear full bumper with swingout (stage 1) = $2234.95

I get it. Those are all nice solutions and I'm glad there are options for the GX, but the cost just does not make sense to me on either of those first two when you consider what else is available.

Last edited:
Becky = $1000
or

I get it. Those are all nice solutions and I'm glad there are options for the GX, but the cost just does not make sense to me on either of those first two when you consider what else is available.
Yep! If only they had a labor day sale for 50% off :rofl:

I am holding out that someday they will have some sort of discount. I would buy one for sure at 20% off...

Becky = $1000
or

Meanwhile I look at it as 20% cheaper for something you can break up in stages. Plus you don’t have to do both of you don’t want.

Last edited:
Yeah...a base rear with no swing is a savings and simpler too

Again, I'm glad there are options... And the Becky is a very cool option. And if folks weren't buying them, they wouldn't be selling them.

For *me*, the cost is not justified no matter how its broken up. I actually completely disagree with this as a build philosophy *unless* it is *EXACTLY* what you would build if money were not an object. So many people waste so much money trying to save money by not buying it all in one chunk. You also aren't going to convince me that the mountain passes + the becky, is some sort of a deal for 20% less than a metaltech rear... the metaltech is like 200% more material and protection...complete bumper replacement. But for *me*, if I'm trying to save money on a GX rear bumper, it's a no-brainer to go Coastal Off-road. Ya, I know, not everyone can fab. But at the price point on them, you can find a buddy with a welder or get a welder and figure it out or join a club and make a new friend or perhaps even pay someone to assemble it. Paint it yourself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom