ACC Rear Door Tire Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Come to the LSLC Round Up in March. They're raffling one off! Plus I hear there are a bunch of GXOR folks coming out "pinkies up!"

Come to the LSLC Round Up in March. They're raffling one off! Plus I hear there are a bunch of GXOR folks coming out "pinkies up!"
Might be able to make that actually. We shall see.

For anyone interested, this is our truck. I am not going to be famous for my camerawork or charisma, but should give folks a better idea of what an installed unit looks like.

Hole was in the trim pre-Becky install, just happened to be in the right spot to show the hardware.

And just like magic a Becky jumped on my door today. 😁
IMG_20200405_165343_555.jpg

Difficult for sure. You need 2 people. But how ACC has developed this product gives me confidence that it will last. Stout, stout, stout!
On a semi-related question: I looked at your signature line, but I didn't see what rear bumper you're using. Looks great, what is it? Thanks.

On a semi-related question: I looked at your signature line, but I didn't see what rear bumper you're using. Looks great, what is it? Thanks.
Thanks! It a full Aluminum bumper from Hefty Fabworks. He used to make them but there isn't enough market for them in the GX crowd and they are more expensive then steel. I have his front bumper, sliders, and belly armor so he made an exception for me and produced this one so the rig has all Hefty armor.

Been driving around town for a bit now with Becky on the back. Throughout my various rigs over the years I have watched tires vibrate and move through the rear view mirror on a swing out bumper and a tail gate replacement swing out. The Becky just doesn't move at all. Its solid as a rock. Extremely impressed. Their design along with all of the custom hardware they created for this application, really have pulled this together well. Glad I chose the Becky over the other brand on the market.

And in other news I wanted to be able to use my rear view camera so I found a license plate holder on Amazon. Took a bit to get delivered and got it installed last weekend. I wanted something that would sit away from the body a bit so it was easy to clean the paint and body behind it because as we all know these rear doors love to collect dust/dirt on them from a fun trip.

I went with this guy from Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B082RV6GV3
I would of loved to of found something local or even made in the US but nothing could be found at the time.

So had to drill 3 holes total in the door. 2 to secure it and 1 for the wiring.
20200410_145023.jpg

After that it was pretty straightforward install. I used some leftover silicone from the Becky on the holes as I bolted it together. Getting the washers and nuts on the bolts was a challenge inside the door. Once I contorted myself backwards and upside down I got them on.

Then extended the 2 leads with some more wire and connected them to one of the license plate lights near the wiring harness.

And done.
20200410_155940.jpg

And of course a blingly night shot. 😎
20200410_201247.jpg

Oh and I switched out my license plate lights in the OEM spot with some red bulbs to create the red glow behind the tire. Yeah, yeah more lights before lockers. 😆

@drowzyGX
The stock rear bumper only has minimal modification at the door sill area for the tire mount [aka, Becky]. The pictures you quoted show another *separate* bumper modification (rear stinger) that did necessitate trimming the plastic bumper. This particular GX does have a modified exhaust system, but it absolutely has nothing to do with the rear door tire mount.

This picture of @Mrsjynx rig shows the extent of bumper trimming needed for a Becky install.

1604601897909.png

As you can see, fully stock bumper looks unmolested after install.

1604601941813.png

I'm probably blind and missing this, but where is the exhaust? How much does it have to be modded when you chop the stock rear bumper like that?
Most guys chop the muffler just after the axle on the turn down and call it good. I had mine extended between the frame rails to the rear with a turn down at the end.
20200909_160548.jpg

@BMThiker yeah, sorry for not being clear. i know the becky does not require the chop. i've just seen a lot of folks do a combo of tire mount + bumper chop instead of a heavy aftermarket bumper with swingouts. just trying to figure out what folks do to the exhaust since i think it hangs pretty low below a chopper bumper without any mods.

@cosport thanks for the explanation and the pictures. most of these mods will involve deleting the resonator, yeah? does that mess with street legality and noise when driving?

@BMThiker yeah, sorry for not being clear. i know the becky does not require the chop. i've just seen a lot of folks do a combo of tire mount + bumper chop instead of a heavy aftermarket bumper with swingouts. just trying to figure out what folks do to the exhaust since i think it hangs pretty low below a chopper bumper without any mods.

@cosport thanks for the explanation and the pictures. most of these mods will involve deleting the resonator, yeah? does that mess with street legality and noise when driving?
Yeah it would delete the resonator in all cases otherwise its just hanging low ready to get hit on rocks. The legality would depend on your local state laws. Not an issue here in Colorado. As for sound, I have heard it makes it a little louder but I cannot confirm because I bought my GX with a full cat back AFE exhaust system on it.

Yeah it would delete the resonator in all cases otherwise its just hanging low ready to get hit on rocks. The legality would depend on your local state laws. Not an issue here in Colorado. As for sound, I have heard it makes it a little louder but I cannot confirm because I bought my GX with a full cat back AFE exhaust system on it.

Thanks, @cosport that's really helpful. One question, when you mentioned chopping the muffler just after the axle turn down, do you mean chopping before the muffler, where the pipe begins to turn down in front, or right after the muffler where the pipe turns down from the rear axle to meet it?

Thanks, @cosport that's really helpful. One question, when you mentioned chopping the muffler just after the axle turn down, do you mean chopping before the muffler, where the pipe begins to turn down in front, or right after the muffler where the pipe turns down from the rear axle to meet it?
After the muffler and after the hump the pipe takes to clear the rear axle. This is the most common place to cut it as its facing down and blowing exhaust toward the ground. Most states require that any exhaust exit after the rear most axle of the vehicle to be legal. But you would need to verify that for your own location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom