A440f Tranny + Transfer Fluid Capacity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll be flushing and changing the ATF in the A440f this weekend in my hj61, but can't find how much fluid the transfer case needs. I have read the gear box itself needs 6ltrs, but I'm not sure if it is more with a complete flush. I will be using Gulf Western Dextron III ATF for both.

Also, how often are you replacing the transmission and transfer fluids? Would like to keep the box in as good shape as possible. The bus currently has 330 000kms.

Cheers

I'll be flushing and changing the ATF in the A440f this weekend in my hj61, but can't find how much fluid the transfer case needs. I have read the gear box itself needs 6ltrs, but I'm not sure if it is more with a complete flush. I will be using Gulf Western Dextron III ATF for both.

Also, how often are you replacing the transmission and transfer fluids? Would like to keep the box in as good shape as possible. The bus currently has 330 000kms.

Cheers

Scratch that, I have found what I needed and cannot delete the thread. 6ltrs for the box and 2.1 for the transfer case for anyone else who may need it.

Although, I am still curious how often people are changing their fluids. 10-15xxxkms seems to be the norm

Shouldn't the transfer case should be using Gear oil and not ATF? Specs are below

Transmission, automatic (A440F): ATF Dexron II, 15L (dry fill) or 5L (drain & refill)
Transfer case (with A440F): API GL-4 or GL-5, SAE 90, 2.1L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom