Builds A simple Troopy build thread.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe Saddam was hiding under one of those layers after the fall of his political party in Iraq.

He would have been suffocated by dirt.

This is a very close approximation to what it was like removing them...

tenor.gif

I looked at the pics of this truck no less than 100x....trying to find everything I could wrong with it so I could be prepared.

One very obvious thing escaped my critical eye.......notice how puffy the rear seats look? There was a reason.

IMG-20190422-WA0116.jpg

Count 'em......4 covers!

20190715_094000.jpg

Must have been a stretch getting all these layers in there.

20190715_094338.jpg

I guess the more covers that go on, the more comfortable it becomes.....

having lived in africa, we used to layer like that on our 75 bakkie to absorb.... sweat... burn them with fire

having lived in africa, we used to layer like that on our 75 bakkie to absorb.... sweat... burn them with fire

That was very much what I was thinking. Hopefully they had a fiery death at the landfill....the only way they deserved to go out.

Had the new seats cleaned last week....they turned out amazing...this is what came out of them. Yikes.
Resized_20190808_115049.jpg

I had my computer at a weird angle today and noticed that the dude on the pic of the dude on the steering wheel looked A LOT different....so then I got to thinking...maybe I need to reverse the colors on the pic.

If Saddam were still around, I doubt he would approve of this rendering. Not very good.

Unknown.png
20190715_134444_HDR-01.jpeg

It looks more like Saddam now and with a real creepy stare.

I don't think I put any pics of the door panels up....I never even bothered dissecting them to see how many layers they had. They were removed and filed in the large blue file cabinet. I had some spares left over from one of the 79s that we are going to use. Originally this truck was going to stay tan in the inside but that changed. It will go grey.

Regulators are all blown out...it's like using a ratchet to roll up the windows.

Not a single clip or screw was OEM.

20190713_143818.jpg
IMG-20190422-WA0087.jpg

Rear door latch. I'm not sure if the seller thought this was some kind of cool "custom" touch or if he was trying to say, "there are a few things that will need addressing".

We'll see more of this rebar used later....

IMG-20190422-WA0120.jpg

My troopy from Oman had many re-bar mods as well. Diff oil plugs , transfer case drain plug, side steps... Must be a thing there.

My troopy from Oman had many re-bar mods as well. Diff oil plugs , transfer case drain plug, side steps... Must be a thing there.

Ha! This one has all of the drain plugs with rebar on them. The Oman upgrade package apparently!

I guess the lack of rust makes up for the tasteful Omani additions. Will any of these additions remain once the build is complete?

Rear door latch. I'm not sure if the seller thought this was some kind of cool "custom" touch or if he was trying to say, "there are a few things that will need addressing".

We'll see more of this rebar used later....

View attachment 2056894

It always makes me chuckle a little when I see things like that. Rebar is used worldwide. That is like a $12 part too.

I kept the rebar battery hold down on the PZJ70. ;)

Cheers

I guess the lack of rust makes up for the tasteful Omani additions. Will any of these additions remain once the build is complete?

I hope the lack of rust makes up for all the non-sense.

Drain plugs will stay I think...they're kind of cool. I had to cut off the rear door lever so we could remove all the worn parts....cheap parts to replace. I thought about saving it.

I thought this was pretty funny....one way to quiet down a worn door striker. Too bad the doors still rattled. Almost everything on this truck was a modified worn out part.

20190722_140151.jpg

I thought this was interesting....most all of the doors were a mix of parts.....maybe only the handles being OEM. I imagine being in the desert somewhere at a gas station or remote outpost with window cranks and door handles hanging on a wall to buy while traveling across a barren desert. Pretty exact copy of the OEM unit.

20190626_170523.jpg

Well used steering wheel. I should have left the cover on it.

20190626_154624.jpg

Interior strip out went pretty well.....no real surprises other than the amount of dirt.

The only thing we found was this wrapper....some tasty Al Mudhish Tortilla Chips. It was in between one of the seat covers in the back.

20190715_105126.jpg

20190715_105133.jpg

Doors were in good shape in the inside. No real surprises or so it would appear.

20190713_144139.jpg
20190713_152728.jpg
P7223362.jpg

Inner sides were good...

20190715_134146.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom