Builds A simple Troopy build thread.... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not as cool as your seat covers or steering wheel.

HAHAHAHA......not many things give me an uneasy feeling. Those seat covers made me feel like I needed a shower. With a pumice stone and Purple Power cleaner. Yikes. I got smart after taking one seat apart.....I had the young guy in the shop do the rest...ALL the back seats. Lol.

Come on, there's no such thing as a simple Troopy build.

Looks like a great base model to build up, whether standard of tastefully kitted. I'm probably going to be driving around Oman over the coming weeks looking for a Bundera

I vote you steam and sterilize the seat covers real well and keep them :worms:

There isn't steam hot enough to disinfect them.

They are LONG gone. lol. Right in the dumpster....ALL of them.

I'm sure PETA will get involved now that this pic is out there. Animal cruelty for putting a dog on the seats. She hasn't been the same since. Might be Mr. Sharif's presence.

20190625_160708.jpg

In an attempt to allow the sun's UV rays to sterilize the interior......I had the tint removed. Looks 10x better. Well maybe not 10x better but definitely 5x.
20190625_160751.jpg

Get a clear photo of the guy on the steering wheel sticker and try a Google search by image. You might get lucky.

Good idea.....need to find out who this mystery guy is. Lol. Maybe the seller can ask the buyer....I'm SURE that would pan out. Ha. They're probably still laughing that someone bought this thing.

Good idea.....need to find out who this mystery guy is. Lol. Maybe the seller can ask the buyer....I'm SURE that would pan out. Ha. They're probably still laughing that someone bought this thing.

I've sent a pic of this to a few of my buddies over there... including an Omani guy... let's see what we get.

I've sent a pic of this to a few of my buddies over there... including an Omani guy... let's see what we get.

COOL!

I googled the image and Saddam Hussein came up.

20190715_134444_HDR-01.jpeg

Hairline checks out

saddam-hussein-iphone-6-case.jpg
20190715_134444_HDR-01.jpeg

A lot of friends confirm it’s Saddam. They found the same image with some text below also which says “Citizens of Syria love Saddam”.

View attachment 2047823

I saw that pic on some Facebook account when I reverse image searched it. Guess that mystery is solved.

Pretty much! Not sure if it is the ETC system or the Stereo system but it speaks to me in Japanese also when I start the car.

Had to remove one of those recently from a clients HDJ81. He just was not cool with the Japanese. I thought it was cool though, I would have kept it!

Cheers

I saw that pic on some Facebook account when I reverse image searched it. Guess that mystery is solved.

I posted a pic awhile back of the same kind of thing in the random 70 thread. It was very obviously a picture of Frank Zappa though made into a big sticker and placed right on the glove box door.

It was also a Middle East Cruiser.

Cheers

Well darn, I was hoping it was a current photo of Elvis taken at that gas station in Tupelo.

Maybe I can replace it with this....

Unknown.jpeg

How many covers can one seat have on it....well on this Troopy...it's 3.5 apparently.

Pulled off the hair band inspired red animal print covers to find these gems....probably nice in their day. They were some kind of weird suede stuff but not suede. Not sure what they were. I'm thinking mid 2000s for these.

20190626_084013.jpg

Next up....some really nice checkered cloth/vinyl covers...I'm figuring these were probably circa late 90s...
20190626_084207.jpg

Under the vinyl bolsters was some velour.....so maybe this was a mid cover replacement. Seems like it with that well worn velour.

20190626_084430_HDR.jpg

At this point there was so much dust coming off of these I had to pull the seat out and put it outside to finish.

How's this for a family portrait?

20190626_090002.jpg

One seriously USED seat.....

20190626_090007.jpg

Maybe Saddam was hiding under one of those layers after the fall of his political party in Iraq. (Sorry for the seriously non-tech post)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom