Builds A simple Troopy build thread.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the contrast is mint. Have considered installing down rings in the back? Something like the E-track rails would be super functional if integrated into the side walls in back.

I love my Troopy and wouldn't trade it for anything but I can't believe how clean your build has turned out!

A few questions:
-Curious what rotors / calipers you used?
-Where did you order the penny-round matting? Going to use that for my cargo area...

Looks fantastic Chris. My 75 pickup is tan with grey interior and that appears to be a very common combo in KSA. In other words, looks factory to me!

it has come a long way since this....

IMG-20190422-WA0101.jpg

I think the contrast is mint. Have considered installing down rings in the back? Something like the E-track rails would be super functional if integrated into the side walls in back.

We'll be doing some kind of track for sure. I want to use it a bit to see which ones we will do.

I love my Troopy and wouldn't trade it for anything but I can't believe how clean your build has turned out!

A few questions:
-Curious what rotors / calipers you used?
-Where did you order the penny-round matting? Going to use that for my cargo area...

Rotors were probably from World Pac....and I think they were Akebono. 60 series I think. Calipers were Napa 4 Runner units.

The mat material is what we are using for our floor mats. Bulk material from one of my suppliers. I think I'm going to do one for the rear as well if I have enough material. Going to try and make a few sets of mats.

Rebar modified fill plug on the diff. I think all the plugs have them done like this.

20200625_165849_1.jpeg

Rotors were probably from World Pac....and I think they were Akebono. 60 series I think. Calipers were Napa 4 Runner units.

The mat material is what we are using for our floor mats. Bulk material from one of my suppliers. I think I'm going to do one for the rear as well if I have enough material. Going to try and make a few sets of mats.

makes sense. What year 4R calipers?

makes sense. What year 4R calipers?

I want to say 2nd gen but I'm not sure. I'll find out. I think we decided that the 4Runners were exactly what I had.....the T100s were different piston sizes.

Had a chance to do the headliner today...another big job I wanted to get done. I used a product called Thermozite....bought it here:

Neat material. Allows for some stretch so it was nice to tuck in the corners. Made from recycled bottles.

I had bought a proper spray gun for this job....just like the pro guys use. I've always used cans of 3M spray adhesive....this was easier and I plan on doing some more with it. Used a pretty standard contact adhesive.

Sprayed both surfaces

View attachment 2274101View attachment 2274102

Then we started laying it in. I started with the center and worked towards the edges. A little tricky getting glue in the edges but we managed. I think I could have a career as a glue sprayer. Probably not a career as an installer. Very challenging.
View attachment 2274103

The seams get covered by the roof supports....they're wide so we had a lot of room to get the seams where we wanted them. Between the Damplifier Pro, the Spectrum and now this covering, we're going to have zero room between the supports and the roof. Supports go in tomorrow.
View attachment 2274104
Being that I am going copy you on using this over OEM headliners, kinda expensive for what it is. How many yards did you end up using?

Being that I am going copy you on using this over OEM headliners, kinda expensive for what it is. How many yards did you end up using?

Seemed like a pretty good deal to me.....it's nice stuff and it's recycled material....so naturally a bit more.

I want to say we used 5 yards but it might have been 6. Best to measure.

Not a whole lot happening...shop is busy. Playing around with the tire carrier and lighting in the bumper today. The Dobinsons stuff is really nice. Well made.
20200630_173723.jpg
20200630_173732.jpg

Dash lights are looking good.....green LED. New cluster glass.

20200630_164030.jpg

20200630_164023.jpg

20200629_071830.jpg
20200630_174150.jpg

Looks good - if you’re planning on using this as a real shop truck you’re gonna hate it though. Such a pain unlatching and swinging out every time you want to open, then shutting and latching back ...

Tucker

Funny.....had this convo earlier today with @Gun Runner 5 about the 79. I want to lose my tire from the roof rack and put it on the bumper BUT, I don't want a swing out when it's in camp mode or if I need to get in the canopy.

I hate the swing out on the 80....pain in the ass. THE only good thing about this one is that the small door will still be free...we won't do they jerry can carrier.

I think you also touched on something very very important....IF we are planning on using this as a REAL shop truck. High probability that isn't going to happen. :)

Looks good - if you’re planning on using this as a real shop truck you’re gonna hate it though. Such a pain unlatching and swinging out every time you want to open, then shutting and latching back ...

Tucker

I also got tired of this, so I fitted a linkage arm to the large door. The tyre swing now carries the weight of the tyre but opens and closes with the large door without thinking about it. Still have the catch fitted which we use when travelling on rough roads.

This was made easier as mine originally had the spare mounted on the back door so the bolt holes were available.

.... “I think you also touched on something very very important....IF we are planning on using this as a REAL shop truck. High probability that isn't going to happen.” ....
————————————————————————————————————-
The only thing from the shop that will ride in the Troopy is the dog and based on past practices he sure as heck won’t ride in the back. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom