A journey with my boys- The Elf Barn as I call it. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It has been for a while. Have not justified its repeat use. Most value I have seen is drilling frame for fj60 PS conversion on a 40. We did bluebonnet without it so…..hmmm
You need to fill up that space.
As long as there are no Tool Buyers Anonymous meetings you just get every tool you think you might need.😇

You need to fill up that space.
As long as there are no Tool Buyers Anonymous meetings you just get every tool you think you might need.😇
Happy there is no TBA….yet!! House is full. Little space left could be set up for TBA meetings.

v8, front DISC, rear drum. Funny you mention roll bar. On my mind. Don’t have one that fits with longer rear seats. Have a couple in the barn. Need to do some homework to see how it will go all together with soft stop bows.
This link shows the best option I've seen if you don't want to modify the jump seat frames or move them forward to create space to land the C-pillar uprights in the back corner of the wheel well. If you're ok with always leaving the jump seats down, they could possibly be shifted forwards to make space, but if they're shifted forward the bases can't be stored up due to interference with front seat backs. I'm unable to raise my drivers jump seat with my drivers seat in the far back position, so I may just move both jump seats forward in order to install a c-pillar. I haven't decided if I'm going to remove the roll bar all together, or design and modify as necessary to get a c-pillar installed. The easy button would be to use the con-fer bench seat I have, but I really like the look of the OG jump seats....

Will be watching to see what you come up with, I'm sure it will be clean like everything else y'all do in the Elf Barn!

IMG_4096.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet man. Thanks for sharing. Good ideas here. Let me mull this over.

Thank you again CD + family for hosting us crazy people so late at night. Was a great time meeting and chatting Cruisers and can’t wait to make it back when the whole crew is there. :cool:

B1ECCE3F-9434-4B3F-B652-AF50AD5F8659.jpeg

Thank you again CD + family for hosting us crazy people so late at night. Was a great time meeting and chatting Cruisers and can’t wait to make it back when the whole crew is there. :cool:

View attachment 2997282
It was great to have you and Dale over. Thanks for taking time to visit. We enjoyed it. Your always welcome as you pass by. We will have a light on for you. It would be fun to have a wrench-a-thon get together.

A few Chores. Not much on the cruisers. Grass mowing season. Mower needed attention. Bad grounds. Has 5 sensors that need to be “ready” before starter fires. Had to go through it. Needs some love. Hydraulic drive is leaking. Got it going to get a mow in after topping it with fluid. Parts in order. Leaf blower has a bad igniter. Switching all the small engines to Buccees ethanol free gas. Ethanol gas is just a crap shoot. Spend so much time cleaning carbs out. Learning my lesson the hard way.

Hades is getting its paces with @Cowboy45 taking it to school and tennis tournaments.

We took the skid plate out to see how bad and where oil leaks are coming from. Sump catches most of it and did not want to let it run without knowing leak rate. Looks like valve cover gaskets on the edelbrock covers. Rear main is good.

She is also running a little hot. Turns out the original radiator has a slight leak. Coolant was low by a gallon😁. Looks like it evaporates. No coolant drops on the floor. Filled it. Better. Ordered a 4-row aluminum radiator/new 2500 cfm spal fan/shroud. @Cowboy45 is learning to drive with hawk eyes on temp gauge the next few days while radiator comes in. Good practice for a 16 year old to keep track of vehicle vitals because his mobility depends on it 😁.

Could not resist to get a pic of Hades. It feels right. Happy about having it with us.

8A538E02-FDDF-42DF-993C-13C87AD436CA.jpeg

New radiator went in Hades. Aluminum 4 row. 2500 cfm spal. 50 years out of the first one. Not bad. I think direct zip tie to radiator core induced stress below where it failed. Constant bouncing while driving does not help with additional stress. New radiator has a shroud to which fan mounts, no induced stresses to the radiator core

6FBC67F3-70AB-4BE7-BCB1-B9447840B7C0.jpeg

C661A792-B849-4ADB-AAC7-10319818933D.jpeg

8FB9F95F-6008-4FE7-A646-35840732CE4C.jpeg

Running a little hot still. Turns out old wiring was too small a gauge. Fan was not at top speed. 🥴. Evening wiring before cowboy45 takes it to school for finals week 😁😁😁😁. Ran it through it paces. Much better! Hope he makes it to school 🙏

2FC997F2-A29C-4A89-A8E2-39FA3C37283B.jpeg

Last edited:
What are you using to control the fan? I have a OEM Volvo fan wired up with this:

(Requires a buying a separate sender)

May have already told you about it previously. It’s working great and cools the truck well. The Bluetooth capability works very fast and well too.

What are you using to control the fan? I have a OEM Volvo fan wired up with this:

(Requires a buying a separate sender)

May have already told you about it previously. It’s working great and cools the truck well. The Bluetooth capability works very fast and well too.
Simpleton single relay tied to temp sender on intake

Take 2. @SipLife wanted it smoother. Got it down to his desire.

08FDB4D7-9E1B-4B34-B65F-1A3BA0184850.jpeg

6AA02A70-E4FD-480E-808B-3F50B80162AA.jpeg

In the mean time more :princess: signs to put up.

D0B7520A-156E-4D7A-BA86-AB731F0C88B4.jpeg

Done. Much better.

EBA89400-5A51-4E5B-A754-48FA3960202C.jpeg

A5C904E0-0DDD-466D-BC81-945764EAA55D.jpeg

E843B129-EF54-4B51-92B4-284760E1DFF7.jpeg

You, sir, are a brave man to be spraying Cygnus outdoors during pollen season!

Looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom