Builds 97 80 Build Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok a little update! The 80 has been on about 3 trips since a complete head rebuild, no more burning oil, had all of the valves done, defiantly feel a power difference, heres a few pics of the head rebuild!

103+jdGoQOmMD2DcxHCc+A.jpg

1AOD2L3RRkSVlFiLunBovQ.jpg

mXnPm6viQS+WCXE0jZWmag.jpg

5YP8EsVyRUOXlM4moinfMA.jpg

K7rA1QO2S5G6rDZbB5+WhA.jpg

also noticed some heat insulation almost gone on the wiring harness by the ear tube, no damage done to harness, but spent a little time re insulating, tapped harness with electrical tape, installed new loom, then wrapped in heat tape! also throw in a few more usage shots!!

Mx595d3yRRe36TfCTVMJew.jpg

QLJvKVuHRmuJuIisEgsiEQ.jpg

gobP%Qz6SNSJX+3LmKu6Pg.jpg

Awesome build! Love the work you put into this.

Amazing build and love the color ! my one foray into the Heep world was a 14' JKU HR Rubi in Anvil..... loved it and it looks really nice on an 80....

how long was the turnaround on the head ? I may opt to do mine down the road in prep for the WE turbo as like yours I think I'm burning some oil due to lack of use for a while...

Cheers on a great looking rig !

E

Amazing build and love the color ! my one foray into the Heep world was a 14' JKU HR Rubi in Anvil..... loved it and it looks really nice on an 80....

how long was the turnaround on the head ? I may opt to do mine down the road in prep for the WE turbo as like yours I think I'm burning some oil due to lack of use for a while...

Cheers on a great looking rig !

E

Pulling the head and reinstalling was a fairly quick and easy deal, which I obviously did myself! The actually head rebuild was the time consuming part, The guy I use for all of my machine shop work is extremely good, probably the best I have ever dealt with, but he is also always backed up, took him about 2 weeks to rebuild my head and get it back to me.....

as a side note, I am in the process of dedicating a bay in my shop for land cruiser builds, My repair shop is extremely busy but I would like to start doing builds kind of as a hobby, I am very meticulous as everyone can see and have a huge passion for cruisers, I would love to help others build their dream! So if anyone has a build in mind, shoot me an PM

So extraordinary.

One of my favorite all time builds on all of ih8mud.

Just extraordinary; got the right mix of the old and the new.

An absolute epic tear down and build.

I like 911s, Teslas and Land Cruisers... that’s pretty much it where the whole world of cars is concerned and its this 80 over at Briano’s place that happens to be one the greatest vehicles I have seen a photograph of.

At 33 years old, there’s a new kid on the block and by the looks of it he has an incredible knack for doing things beautifully.

Beautiful build!

Sucks you had to do the head job after you put the engine back in. With a paintjob that nice I'd be worried about the colorado pinstriping.

WOW....

I feel like this build should be 25-30 pages long. It ended too quickly. Good work!!!! Impressive. With an infant too, bonus points for that.

So extraordinary.

One of my favorite all time builds on all of ih8mud.

Just extraordinary; got the right mix of the old and the new.

An absolute epic tear down and build.

I like 911s, Teslas and Land Cruisers... that’s pretty much it where the whole world of cars is concerned and its this 80 over at Briano’s place that happens to be one the greatest vehicles I have seen a photograph of.

At 33 years old, there’s a new kid on the block and by the looks of it he has an incredible knack for doing things beautifully.
I appreciate the compliments! It was a lot of fun! I’d love to build another for someone else!

Quick little update! Cruiser held up great all summer, did exactly what I wanted it to do! Got my family out camping a lot, just got home from what will probably be the last trip of the season! Since completing I have replaced all interior door panels with mint condition lexus panels and this winter I plan to reupholster a set of Lexus seats with heated seat inserts for the cruiser! Still patiently waiting on that wits end turbo!

B3EB8CC9-ABEE-47A5-9FC7-E1A185CCDD93.jpeg

BBEA2673-2FDF-4EF0-AFC0-3EA5433C60BC.jpeg

54CAEEF5-1658-4C65-9174-00B11E595DF1.jpeg

6B557872-F0E6-4979-91C3-FA4F66BBBE65.jpeg

Looking good!!! Putting the cruiser away for the winter in the next couple weeks, if you end up wanting one installed and tested for a bit before sending out the production kits, I’d be happy to help out with that, I own a decent size shop in Gunnison, so professional install is no issue!!!

Looking good!!! Putting the cruiser away for the winter in the next couple weeks, if you end up wanting one installed and tested for a bit before sending out the production kits, I’d be happy to help out with that, I own a decent size shop in Gunnison, so professional install is no issue!!!

Thanks but luckily I got that part worked out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom