Builds 97 80 Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you haven't ordered bumpers, mike at bump it is awesome to deal with I run his front tube and will have his rear in few, truck looks great! What trails you running in Moab I might be down to join ya I'm in grand junction least come by for beer!

If you haven't ordered bumpers, mike at bump it is awesome to deal with I run his front tube and will have his rear in few, truck looks great! What trails you running in Moab I might be down to join ya I'm in grand junction least come by for beer!

Got slee bumpers sitting in a box waiting, I did look seriously at bior, but ultimately liked the slee bumpers better for this build, also christo at slee was great to deal with and gave me a great price on the bulk buy! Not sure what trails we are running Im meeting up with some other gunny folk friday morning, but you are def welcome to join, ill prob only be down friday- monday afternoon, i'll PM my # to you, shot me a text!

Before the motor gets dropped back in, have you considered the bolt on turbo kit that’s being developed by Wits’end? You’ve come this far....

Got slee bumpers sitting in a box waiting, I did look seriously at bior, but ultimately liked the slee bumpers better for this build, also christo at slee was great to deal with and gave me a great price on the bulk buy! Not sure what trails we are running Im meeting up with some other gunny folk friday morning, but you are def welcome to join, ill prob only be down friday- monday afternoon, i'll PM my # to you, shot me a text!
Any of the guys from sky high?

Before the motor gets dropped back in, have you considered the bolt on turbo kit that’s being developed by Wits’end? You’ve come this far....

wits ends turbo is on the list! As soon as it becomes available I'm hoping to get my hands on one, but I am not sure how many people are on his list and were I stand..... Also don't know his timeframe so waiting to instal the motor could have been a long wait..... I did have the manifolds and heat shields ceramic coated to prep for a wits end turbo!

wits ends turbo is on the list! As soon as it becomes available I'm hoping to get my hands on one, but I am not sure how many people are on his list and were I stand..... Also don't know his timeframe so waiting to instal the motor could have been a long wait..... I did have the manifolds and heat shields ceramic coated to prep for a wits end turbo!

No timeframe but the development hasn’t stopped. Some components may have stalled while I find suitable fabricators, but other components are moving right along.

Just put in an order for one of bowfin cruisers roof racks, Patrick was great to deal with, looking forward to seeing what this thing looks like!

GLASS!!!! and new rubber

F6E3FBE5-A755-4B42-B179-17E947DF5DA5.jpeg

E4951EF7-8326-4059-A8BB-6B60A0C8EA69.jpeg

084EEBA4-D9CF-4B93-8266-6F7546E0E1D4.jpeg

02F658E8-757E-41CD-9EF3-0854040BE28D.jpeg

I need a little input if anyone has any to give..... Just ordered everything for my dual battery setup, decided to go with northstar agm27f batteries with a REDARC battery isolator, and slee washer reservoir relocation kit/ slee 2nd battery tray, from all of my research this is what I figured to be the best setup for my use! My dilemma is on a fridge, I have never ran a fridge before and need some input on brands/ benefit from one to another..... Price wise the Dometic CFX-50 looks great, anyone have any experience, how does it compare to ARB or Engel???

ARB Element over here.
Had the previous model of ARB, it was awesome never gived me problems. Had dometic before, no complains. Edgestar also, great for the price.
Now, the ARB Element is a monster. Best of all, of course, probably the most expensive but it's hard to compare with the rest.
I do not run a double battery, Only one blue top Optima, and i run it during 3-4 days straight when camping and it barely sucks power out of the battery.

ARB Element over here.
Had the previous model of ARB, it was awesome never gived me problems. Had dometic before, no complains. Edgestar also, great for the price.
Now, the ARB Element is a monster. Best of all, of course, probably the most expensive but it's hard to compare with the rest.
I do not run a double battery, Only one blue top Optima, and i run it during 3-4 days straight when camping and it barely sucks power out of the battery.

I was actually looking at the element, my only worry is there won't be enough room to open it because it opens the long way, and mine would be sitting on top of arb drawer..... how is yours mounted

Suspension installed along with all new bushings, next up axle rebuilds with all new seals bearings and 4:88 gears

50iwB8N4SzmyB0FbUZhBEg.jpg

aX4dOf5ZTou5ZKlAmnxVUA.jpg

AmLZVE%XQ2SQN2w%xdWcaQ.jpg

tnqNf4NpRoGHWKrrSs43LA.jpg

eHQbZHPdR16P0Je9dfv44A.jpg

ARB Element over here.

Could you possibly get me a measurement from the bottom or your arb element to the top of the door when open?

Started working on the axles, new hub bearings and seal in the rear installed, started working on the front knuckles, third members are out and ready for new gears/ bearings!!!

ZScTGAjDStyLrIFcOHCmvg.jpg

YILoKpTuQsifnZfuYbq14g.jpg

wkLurTFJTyCe8Oa3c4r+dA.jpg

RBlQICfaQmK7vo7suXCT2g.jpg

azks2CdnT9WKItk0D9hFAQ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom