Builds 97 80 Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not for the first batch.
So you're saying there's a chance! Cool, until there's a new house surrounding my LX (or I win the lottery), I'll be fence sitting but I don't want to miss out. :p

@Briano hey buddy was good to meet ya Sunday at cafe rio, cruiser looks great, if ya end up adding a cruiser bay to the shop let me know if ya want a mechanic, I’d be happy to move home

@Briano hey buddy was good to meet ya Sunday at cafe rio, cruiser looks great, if ya end up adding a cruiser bay to the shop let me know if ya want a mechanic, I’d be happy to move home
Great to meet u too! Doesn’t seem to be enough of an interest to dedicate a bay to Landcruiser’s unfortunately.... I did just hire a new tech that starts Monday, hoping he works, but if not and you are interested in a technician position, I can keep you updated!

Great to meet u too! Doesn’t seem to be enough of an interest to dedicate a bay to Landcruiser’s unfortunately.... I did just hire a new tech that starts Monday, hoping he works, but if not and you are interested in a technician position, I can keep you updated!

I was going to send you a PM, but your "Inbox" is full.

Since you are in Gunnison, I am interested if you have BY CHANCE seen a particular 1969 Chevy K1500 in that area. It is a black 69 with a 68 hood and fenders, on a 1960 frame. (3 driveshafts) four wheel drive that looks to have about a 6" lift, has a 350, 4 speed, and most visibly, yellow ladder bars from the frame to the rear axle.

I sold the truck I built in high school 20 years ago (I realize you were 20 years younger then....) to a guy in the KC area that supposedly went to college out there briefly. I do not know if he took it out there and sold it, wrecked it, or ?. I cannot ask him because he is in prison. His family will not even answer the phone calls that ask about his name.

Can you advise the names of salvage yards or anything in that area that I could make calls to?

I would post a picture, but I don't have one with me at the moment.

I want to track down the truck for my oldest son.

For your engine did you end up going with a short block or just getting a reman engine? My 95 burns a lot of oil and I got it down to the piston rings.

For your engine did you end up going with a short block or just getting a reman engine? My 95 burns a lot of oil and I got it down to the piston rings.

My engine only has 90k original miles, I did nothing to the bottom end, other than new seals, then sent my original head to the machine shop for a full rebuild! Honestly its not very common for the piston rings to go bad and cause an oil burn situation, chances are it is the valve seals in the cylinder head causing the issue! I was burning a quart every 500 miles before cylinder head rebuild, I know have aprox 2000 miles on the engine since head rebuild and have not burned a drop!

My engine only has 90k original miles, I did nothing to the bottom end, other than new seals, then sent my original head to the machine shop for a full rebuild! Honestly its not very common for the piston rings to go bad and cause an oil burn situation, chances are it is the valve seals in the cylinder head causing the issue! I was burning a quart every 500 miles before cylinder head rebuild, I know have aprox 2000 miles on the engine since head rebuild and have not burned a drop!
Besides it burning oil did it have low compression at all?

Besides it burning oil did it have low compression at all?
Mine did not, but valves could cause that or possibly rings..... on the cylinders with low compression, you need to do a leak down test to determine where the problem is, to do a leak down test, you need to bring that particular cylinder to top dead center on the compression stroke and then pressurize the cylinder with air, if the air leaks out the exhaust or intake, you have a valve issue, meaning a head rebuild will fix it, if it leaks into the crank case you have a cylinder issue, meaning the bottom end needs to be rebuilt.

Alright, so i'm contemplating a winter project for resale, looking at a clean 60 series that is arb locked and on 35s, also currently running a 5.7tbi with stock 4spd and an advanced adapters overdrive kit... The plan would be to do a LS 6.0 swap, tiddy up some loose ends and possibly convert the suspension over to coil sprung 80 series suspension! Question is what do you think its worth when done? again super clean body and interior, also has some nice looking steel bumpers and winch already installed, Trying to make sure I can enjoy the build and not get in to deep where I loose money!

Alright, so i'm contemplating a winter project for resale, looking at a clean 60 series that is arb locked and on 35s, also currently running a 5.7tbi with stock 4spd and an advanced adapters overdrive kit... The plan would be to do a LS 6.0 swap, tiddy up some loose ends and possibly convert the suspension over to coil sprung 80 series suspension! Question is what do you think its worth when done? again super clean body and interior, also has some nice looking steel bumpers and winch already installed, Trying to make sure I can enjoy the build and not get in to deep where I loose money!
Last year I sold a ‘89 with corvette crate motor and everything replaced, like $60k in receipts, including paint and glass and seals and carpet and seats recovered and bumpers/lift = $38 k

97E86A1B-5E5A-4A77-9367-4DA6C0B13668.jpeg

E5C0A62F-B6ED-4FCB-A747-BBD2E4E4CE26.jpeg

Getting close to getting that wits end turbo! Managed a few upgrades while waiting!

07 OEM sequoia 150 amp alternator with photomans bracket! Awesome setup and great guy to buy from!

Slee part time kit

Lexus seats installed with brand new cushions heated seat elements and anniversary two tone leather

Mild shift kit with anticipation of turbo in the near future!

E2707293-0A62-4ADA-8850-16D04F1FB7E5.jpeg

391388AA-998D-40AC-9186-591ED1D26E61.jpeg

18D09AF8-00CB-47AB-807E-F5B8A3FE232E.jpeg

339D748A-411A-4F3C-8F6C-3EE3278C748F.jpeg

sweet! do the lexus seats fit without modifications? i have a 97 LC, i’ve driven the same year lexus though and i felt a difference in the comfort of the seats. would love to swap some in with heating.

sweet! do the lexus seats fit without modifications? i have a 97 LC, i’ve driven the same year lexus though and i felt a difference in the comfort of the seats. would love to swap some in with heating.
I agree, the Lexus seats feel way more comfortable! And yes they bolt and plug right in!

What leather kit did you go with?

Landcruiser heaven, quality is great! Frank is a bit frustrating to deal with..... this was my first upholstery job a have a couple panels I’m not happy with due to my mistakes, I have been waiting months for replacement, with the same two weeks out answer every time I call..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom