Builds ‘91 LHD Troopy - The Jag (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have the 1hd T & h55f?

Inwould budget 25k tomhave someone swap it like others have said.

I know a lot of shops in the past said the R28 swap started at 25-28k.
No I don’t have one. Just sorting through ideas in my head.

@cruiseroutfit came through and pulled NLA blinkers out of their carpet bag for me. Thanks guys!
A6215A1D-183E-4FD8-B0F1-77FC6A83D2EB.jpeg

I ordered some aftermarket blinkers to swap out and safeguard my valuable originals. But they were so crappy l had to return them.
Need to find better ones, but apparently the all come from the same crappy mold in Taiwan.

i need to get my set put on, but i need to find some front clip parts so might as well do it all at the same time.
I’m doing the same, collecting parts currently.
I ordered some aftermarket blinkers to swap out and safeguard my valuable originals. But they were so crappy l had to return them.
Need to find better ones, but apparently the all come from the same crappy mold in Taiwan.
That’s a good idea if you can find them.
Maybe they will get reproduced under the GR heritage program?
I hope so!

My carport is finally taking shape. Once done I can wrench on it without worrying about the weather and I can get classic insurance as it’ll have a covered parking.

6A3F9C78-CD93-480F-8B0E-DBC912B505C2.jpeg

What makes this NLA? Are these the older plug? I show the 12V non-chrome blinker assemblies as still available… but with the newer plug style on them.

Correct, the plug. We have the newer black with the newer plug en route, more should be here in ~2 weeks. Easy enough to swap plugs. Sadly the Japanese company that made those (FIRST) discontinued many of their 4x, 6x and 7x light offerings a few years back. I saved a few sets, one for me that are up at my house in storage and the set we shipped.

Oh. I just learned something again. Thanks.
Would those older style plugs (male on the blinker, I guess) be available separately somwhere? Or are there probably similar plugs elsewhere on the truck that I could look for from a salvage truck? How to identify those?
As I want to safe my originals, swapping the plug is not really an option.
Thank Ralf

Correct, the plug. We have the newer black with the newer plug en route, more should be here in ~2 weeks. Easy enough to swap plugs. Sadly the Japanese company that made those (FIRST) discontinued many of their 4x, 6x and 7x light offerings a few years back. I saved a few sets, one for me that are up at my house in storage and the set we shipped.

Hello,

Do you have the chrome model for the LX grade?

Juan

Hello,

Do you have the chrome model for the LX grade?

Juan

I believe we do have stock on them. We definitely carry them, just can't promise they are 'in stock' without being at the shop. Shoot the parts team and email with your vehicle info: info@cruiseroutfitters.com

Finally ready to work on the brakes. Can someone confirm that a 1991 80 Series brake caliper will would on my 1991 Troopy?
I’m going to order one and thought I’d check here first. Much appreciated!
34EC40DE-30B8-4CE4-BEE1-78190EBF143D.jpeg

Finally ready to work on the brakes. Can someone confirm that a 1991 80 Series brake caliper will would on my 1991 Troopy?
I’m going to order one and thought I’d check here first. Much appreciated! View attachment 3288719
I wouldn't screw with the calipers, they are fine, I would upgrade to an 80s double diaphragm brake booster, that actually gives you better braking power

V6 pickup/T100/4Runner of the early 90’s. You will have to trim the rock shields a little bit. I think they are all the same part number. One option. Hadn’t heard anyone using 80 series

I wouldn't screw with the calipers, they are fine, I would upgrade to an 80s double diaphragm brake booster, that actually gives you better braking power
It was @joekatana that told me about the 80 I think. The calipers for mine are NLA and thus I need an alternative. I’ll order the 80 series one and compare. The dealership said I could return it if it doesn’t match.

It was @joekatana that told me about the 80 I think. The calipers for mine are NLA and thus I need an alternative. I’ll order the 80 series one and compare. The dealership said I could return it if it doesn’t match.
Would be cool to find out about using 80 seres

I can easily compare tomorrow and show you photos of the mounting tab width difference.

We stock a reman 90+ 7x Caliper (loaded or individual) as well as new OEM 4x/6x/7x and 8x Calipers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom