Builds ‘91 LHD Troopy - The Jag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tandem Offroad still plugging away at the old girl.
IMG_0467.jpeg
IMG_0465.jpeg
IMG_0466.jpeg

So far all the seals, bearings, etc on the front axle have been replaced. New birfs, calipers & pads, couple new soft brake lines, all wheel studs & manual hubs, plus turned disks. The whole axle was taken apart and checked and whatever needed repaired or replaced was. It was a MESS!!

The back is getting the same treatment and is still in the works.

Ask them about the concept of replacing those hard brake lines with flexible.

Looking good!

Where did you find that Hot Wheels troopy? I can't see that that exists in the real world - some kind of custom one off?

Ask them about the concept of replacing those hard brake lines with flexible.

Looking good!

Where did you find that Hot Wheels troopy? I can't see that that exists in the real world - some kind of custom one off?
It was something I saw online, but sadly it isn’t real.

Enjoying the thread! Nice troopy- especially cool that you were able to buy it back and start back up where you left off. 👍

Hinges

Link above. Supposed to be strong, no paint needed, no rust and smooth with brass bushings. I wanted to replace them anyway so why not these I thought.
Have you had a chance to install these hinges? I need to replace the two small door hinges, and will probably need the large door hinges before too long and was looking at options. These are significantly cheaper than genuine Toyota hinges, and seem like they might hold up better in the long run. Would be curious to know if you had any issues installing them.

Have you had a chance to install these hinges? I need to replace the two small door hinges, and will probably need the large door hinges before too long and was looking at options. These are significantly cheaper than genuine Toyota hinges, and seem like they might hold up better in the long run. Would be curious to know if you had any issues installing them.
I haven’t yet, but I think on the 70 series North America group on FB people have.

Pablo @ Tandem Offroad flex testing my Troopy after we got both axles rebuilt. She’s now back home.

IMG_0802.jpeg

IMG_0803.jpeg

IMG_0804.jpeg

IMG_0805.jpeg

I got the girl cleaner and drove her to church today. Missed driving her.
IMG_0855.jpeg

I’ve got crazy thoughts in my head…I’m thinking about putting a Chevy V8 and 5 speed in my Cruiser. I’m tired of driving like a turd and to turbo and change the tranny is $$$. However if I change over and then sell the 1HZ then I can recoup a good portion of the money invested in the new setup. Plus parts if I broke down would be WAY easier to acquire and install.

EDIT: I should add that I don’t want a computer and I want everything as manual as possible so I think that limits me to a carb setup, which is fine by me since that’s what I grew up on. I’m under the impression that LS requires some sort of computer setup.

Last edited:
I’ve got crazy thoughts in my head…I’m thinking about putting a Chevy V8 and 5 speed in my Cruiser. I’m tired of driving like a turd and to turbo and change the tranny is $$$. However if I change over and then sell the 1HZ then I can recoup a good portion of the money invested in the new setup. Plus parts if I broke down would be WAY easier to acquire and install.
LS swap the world.

LS swap the world.
LOLZ

I should add that I don’t want a computer and I want everything as manual as possible so I think that limits me to a carb setup, which is fine by me since that’s what I grew up on. I’m under the impression that LS requires some sort of computer setup.

LOLZ

I should add that I don’t want a computer and I want everything as manual as possible so I think that limits me to a carb setup, which is fine by me since that’s what I grew up on. I’m under the impression that LS requires some sort of computer setup.
I think that there are existing stand alone systems. Holley comes to mind when thinking about EFI solutions.

I’m sold that whenever, if-ever, my 3F bites the dust I’ll LS3 swap my 75. But I’m also thinking that in the next 5+ years there may be a desirable EV swap option that doesn’t involve a mortgage.

I think that there are existing stand alone systems. Holley comes to mind when thinking about EFI solutions.

I’m sold that whenever, if-ever, my 3F bites the dust I’ll LS3 swap my 75. But I’m also thinking that in the next 5+ years there may be a desirable EV swap option that doesn’t involve a mortgage.
EV swap would be wild.

EDIT: I should add that I don’t want a computer and I want everything as manual as possible so I think that limits me to a carb setup, which is fine by me since that’s what I grew up on. I’m under the impression that LS requires some sort of computer setup.
I have what you are looking for , bought the engine a few years ago from Perry , bought a TH350 and had it rebuild by a local guy and even a new Advance adapter to use the Toyota split case , was going to put this in my crawler but since I bought Trent's crawler that came with a V8 I parted mine out .

I have what you are looking for , bought the engine a few years ago from Perry , bought a TH350 and had it rebuild by a local guy and even a new Advance adapter to use the Toyota split case , was going to put this in my crawler but since I bought Trent's crawler that came with a V8 I parted mine out .
I’ll text you.

Replacing windows, mats, seats, mirrors, grill, lights & more.
IMG_3014.jpeg
IMG_3012.jpeg
IMG_3013.jpeg
IMG_3009.jpeg

I’ve pulled these 4R seats out and I’d like to put these factory bucket seat in, BUT I don’t have brackets.
So I either need brackets if anyone has some or factory bench seats for LHD.
Anyone have anything for sale or interested in some trading?
IMG_3024.jpeg
IMG_3025.jpeg
IMG_3026.jpeg

I’m trying to remember how I installed some 4Runner seats in my Ute a while ago but can’t. I think I used flat bar . There should be a place in my build thread on what I did. You’ll have to search through it though
Never mind I re read your post and you are wanting to go back to original 🤣🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom