Builds ‘91 LHD Troopy - The Jag (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was @joekatana that told me about the 80 I think. The calipers for mine are NLA and thus I need an alternative. I’ll order the 80 series one and compare. The dealership said I could return it if it doesn’t match.
80 series brake booster for the 70 series but calipers are used from the early v6 4Runners , I believe 80 calipers do not work unless maybe from the early models with smaller front discs

80 series brake booster for the 70 series but calipers are used from the early v6 4Runners , I believe 80 calipers do not work unless maybe from the early models with smaller front discs

Calipers ears on the early/late 8x are the same, ~5.25" which is larger than the earlier stuff and standard 90's 7x.

I can easily compare tomorrow and show you photos of the mounting tab width difference.

We stock a reman 90+ 7x Caliper (loaded or individual) as well as new OEM 4x/6x/7x and 8x Calipers.
I’ve chatted on the phone with y’all before and they said it was a no go, but I’m more than happy to buy from y’all as usual.
I probably mis-heard you. My bad, thanks for the info!

I’ve chatted on the phone with y’all before and they said it was a no go, but I’m more than happy to buy from y’all as usual.

I probably mis-heard you. My bad, thanks for the info!

Hmmm, not sure what they were looking up but we definitely have a great option for individual or loaded parts. Did you by chance call? The order phone team does't have the same array of parts cross-reference and database resources and certainly not the bandwidth compared to our customer service/tech team. As such, if you don't have the part numbers you're after and/or are not sure we stock it, we ask that you email with your vehicle details (frame#/model code) and they will get back to you asap with the appropriate part numbers. Shoot them an email and they will get back with you in the morning. Info@cruiseroutfitters.com

Hmmm, not sure what they were looking up but we definitely have a great option for individual or loaded parts. Did you by chance call? The order phone team does't have the same array of parts cross-reference and database resources and certainly not the bandwidth compared to our customer service/tech team. As such, if you don't have the part numbers you're after and/or are not sure we stock it, we ask that you email with your vehicle details (frame#/model code) and they will get back to you asap with the appropriate part numbers. Shoot them an email and they will get back with you in the morning. Info@cruiseroutfitters.com
Yes I called. I’ll start just emailing as you’ve told me that before.

Yes I called. I’ll start just emailing as you’ve told me that before.

The front office phone gents are fantastic and very knowledgeable on steering/axle, diff/gearbox builds, setting up suspensions, etc. When they need to start digging into the EPC or parts catalogs and cross-referencing parts... they don't have all that in front of them like the upstairs tech guys. In a way it works out best as the phone guys are tasked with phones and walk-in customers (which can be super busy) and email as a secondary and the upstairs guys focus 100% on emails, tech and warranties and leave their phones muted for incoming calls :D

Got the Troopy inspected and registered. The first shop which literally had a wood fire inside a car rim in the shop for warmth wouldn’t pass me as they said the tail lights are too faded and not red enough. Whaaaaa?? The shop looked like it was dropped outta Mexico.

Also got my new plates in. Guess I have an extra set for the garage wall.
DFD2361C-B6B8-4725-8800-1F3C53467BD6.jpeg

My Stainless rear door hinges showed up from Germany. Hopefully I can carve out some time to put them on to check fitment.
IMG_8707.jpeg

Explain the stainless rear door hinges please? Better than OEM? Or?
Hinges

Link above. Supposed to be strong, no paint needed, no rust and smooth with brass bushings. I wanted to replace them anyway so why not these I thought.

been meaning to ask two things:

looks like that has 9ft walls? who makes it?
and, when are you gonna do another run of coffee?:)
Yessir, 9’ walls. I bought the frame used and the metal new from some local Spanish family that sells them. So all that to say I have no idea who makes it. Lol

I might do some coffee at some point. Just busy with life.

What videos can I watch on how to change front disk and rear drums on my Troopy?

Looking at full brake refurb.

Is an early 80 series the same thing?

What videos can I watch on how to change front disk and rear drums on my Troopy?

Looking at full brake refurb.

Is an early 80 series the same thing?

It is about the full knuckle job (best one I know on that), which includes front disc.
Here is one for the 80s:
Toyota Solid Front Axle Knuckle Rebuild/Birfield Replacement - 80 Series Land Cruiser FJ80 FZJ80 - https://youtu.be/pxMACmhY-3w
Land Cruiser rear hub/axle service, bearings, axle, seals, gasket etc - https://youtu.be/5lmQE3_oiNQ
Good Luck Ralf

Dropped the old girl off at Tandem Offroad to get some much needed spa treatment!
IMG_9655.jpeg

Nice! What are you getting done?
Not completely sure as I said to look at everything. That said for sure calipers / brakes, knuckles & basically front axle rebuild. I’ll see what else is a must fix now. I’d love to do my own work, but I’m currently working 2 jobs, fixing up my house, being a dad and husband and multiple other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom