91 3FE to 2UZ Swap (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fuel Lines....

To test fire the engine, I basically ran soft lines from the engine to the tank.....

Zach kept giving me chit to take those out and do hardlines... It was the right call, I definitely like this setup mucho betta!!

First red circle are the soft lines I ran.... the next 2 are the hardlines I added....

20220420_153158.jpg

New Lines, I did shorten the line close to the brake booster....

20220420_170557.jpg

The lines run all the way down the firewall to the factory lines to the tank:

20220421_110507.jpg

Good call Zach! Fuel lines... re-Done!

Nice work!!

Is you 2uz connected to a 5sp auto? If so, I have some kits that might interest you. I believe they would both work with the 2UZ , but there aren't many swaps to try it on!

I finally got the 80 out of Zachs shop!! Thanks for working with me on all the delays...

20220620_193444.jpg

I got a few PMs on what my plans were for the exhaust so I'll post it...

My plan was to try to keep everything inside the frame rails and use parts I already had in my parts pile...

The exhaust is a a single cat I cut out from the LX parts truck and the stock 3fe muffler...

20220624_141052.jpg

20220624_141106.jpg

20220624_141111.jpg

Front DS clearance:
20220624_142206.jpg

Looks like you have some cutting to do, or big bump stops ?

Super excited for you to see this thing nearing completion!

When you get the chance, can you post up some detail around:
- Air intake tubing
- what lower radiator hose you used
- transmission crossmember (did I miss this?)

Thanks!

- Air intake tubing

Thanks!
Thanks, much appreciated...

The Air Intake took a minute to figure out... I spent more time than I'd like to admit getting this together... I hacked up a number of boxes, plastics, couplers etc...

Right from the start, I knew I couldn't fit the "box" or "square" air filter in the 2uz into the 80. There isn't enough space with the battery box there.

SO I stuck with the 80 round filter (I kinda like it better)...

Zach also tossed in a tid bit to change the top hat to a 1fz style.. It can be cut down to a round interface vs the 3fe square interface... The boxes are the same, just easier to adapt...

3fe.jpg

I started hacking up all pieces in my parts pile... 3fe intakes, LX intakes, anything 3" ish hose related and started piecing things together...

20220422_180938.jpg

In the end here's my final setup:

Intake.jpg

The back side of the vacuum lines routing.. that also took a minute to get right..

20220629_141248.jpg

- Air intake tubing

Thanks!

The lower radiator hose was easy... the LX470/100 hose is a fit to the 3FE radiator... I did have to do a slight trim but it worked...

20220629_141308.jpg

For the crossmember, thats all @Zjohnsonua fab.... Used the existing crossmember mount/bolting here it is... I love it!

20220629_141452.jpg

20220629_141503.jpg

20220629_141508.jpg

Thanks, much appreciated...

The Air Intake took a minute to figure out... I spent more time than I'd like to admit getting this together... I hacked up a number of boxes, plastics, couplers etc...

Right from the start, I knew I couldn't fit the "box" or "square" air filter in the 2uz into the 80. There isn't enough space with the battery box there.

SO I stuck with the 80 round filter (I kinda like it better)...

Zach also tossed in a tid bit to change the top hat to a 1fz style.. It can be cut down to a round interface vs the 3fe square interface... The boxes are the same, just easier to adapt...

View attachment 3046110

I started hacking up all pieces in my parts pile... 3fe intakes, LX intakes, anything 3" ish hose related and started piecing things together...

View attachment 3046107

In the end here's my final setup:

View attachment 3046106

The back side of the vacuum lines routing.. that also took a minute to get right..

View attachment 3046108
The 80 air box is a really good design and excellent at keeping water out of the intake. JMHO

The Air Intake took a minute to figure out... I spent more time than I'd like to admit getting this together...
I'm right there with you. It's embarrassing to think how much time I've spent researching how best to do this. Why couldn't you have posted this months ago? ;) I'd probably have mine on the road by now.

On the older style (pre 95) airbox lids you can cut the square “elbow” off and place a flange round the round hole that remains and do this:

View attachment 3046666
Yep! That was going to be my initial plan.. I had seen that done...

Although when I was able to pickup a 1FZ top for free... I ran with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom