91 3FE to 2UZ Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what’s going on ? Any update

We got the engine mounts in and the engine placed. I'll be putting together the crossmember in the evenings this week.

It's slowly moving...

I have been hacking up the harness the last couple weeks. I got to a point where it was "enough" to install... but it carried in a bulk of wiring from the junction boxes from the lx...

Soo...

I decided to go the extra mile and cut out all the junction boxes and wire direct... this is taking majority of my time by tracing and making sure all signals are reaching the right destination..

Then I think I'm going to try and integrate it into my existing 80 fuse box and delete the 100 box entirely... baby steps first...

20211123_114618.jpg

Last edited:
Is that the starter located under the intake manifold? I'm mistaken, correct?

Yup, it's under the intake. I kinda like having the starter up there as I've never heard of one failing due to contamination. Once the contacts go out they give a warning with a few iffy starts. Then you yank the intake that was designed to allow easy starter service and use the same contact repair set that has been around for decades. But don't take my word, I'm biased towards this engine.

Whoa. Huge step!

For folks that are genuinely interested, there's a shop in Miami, FL who will make your UZ wiring harness so that it's 3 (or maybe 5, I forget) connections to start. No idea why he hasn't caught on like the dude in the midwest doing the VATS work for the LS guys.

*George was gonna go this route and I talked him out of it somehow :)

For folks that are genuinely interested, there's a shop in Miami, FL who will make your UZ wiring harness so that it's 3 (or maybe 5, I forget) connections to start. No idea why he hasn't caught on like the dude in the midwest doing the VATS work for the LS guys.

*George was gonna go this route and I talked him out of it somehow :)
I'm interested in that! Link?

I'm interested in that! Link?

Here is the link. Tim is my Plan B if everything goes south with my harness.

1643899474295.png

It's impressive that you got the harness down to this. That's a lot of time that will pay dividends for packaging the harness under the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom