8x Series V8 Swaps (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just checking in to see if anyone is considering selling their LS swapped 80? I have cash ready and will pay a fair price for the right rig!
Thanks.
Matt

depends on how much you willing to spend

Happy to spend what it is worth based on others in the market. Basically, I am not scraping by to afford a basic rig here, I want something legit and sorted.
Thanks,
Matt

Why is it that nobody ever uses any of the Ford crate motors for the swaps? Such as the Coyote 5.0

I have a 1960 Lincoln Continental 2dr, that I would love to keep a Ford power plant. But the coyote threads I have seen on the web, are filled with trouble by the tuners trying to get the software to work, unbelievable out of pocket costs. Honestly, it’s like Ford does not take the aftermarket swaps seriously

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten a DC driveshaft to clear any of the gm transmissions? I'd like to use a 6l80e, but I'm also thinking about using a 4l80e to keep the cost down.
Might want to rethink that i know the 4l80e to Toyota split case adapter has alot of issues don't know the fitment on the 80 t case

no fitment issues on a 4l80e with 80 tcase, running a double cardan front

for me atleast

Starting an my swap soon! A few questions...

I'm getting a 2WD output shaft swapped into a 4WD 4L65 transmission and plan to use the Advance Adapters kit. The 2WD output shaft has to be cut, but the diagrams measure from the face of the transmission with the shaft installed. Since I'm swapping shafts, does anybody know the final length so I could cut it before install and could maybe do a nicer job then an angle grinder hack?

Also, has anyone looked into swapping a car intake (like this corvette unit: More Information for DORMAN 615901) onto a truck engine (Gen3 5.3L) in hope of mounting the engine a little higher and reducing the front driveshaft/transmission pan interference?
edit - looks like it's not trivial. Water pump and such won't clear, etc. https://www.lsxmag.com/tech-stories/engine/spotters-guide-identifying-factory-ls-intake-manifolds/

Last edited:

I'm getting a 2WD output shaft swapped into a 4WD 4L65 transmission and plan to use the Advance Adapters kit. The 2WD output shaft has to be cut, but the diagrams measure from the face of the transmission with the shaft installed. Since I'm swapping shafts, does anybody know the final length so I could cut it before install and could maybe do a nicer job then an angle grinder hack?

Also, has anyone looked into swapping a car intake (like this corvette unit: More Information for DORMAN 615901) onto a truck engine (Gen3 5.3L) in hope of mounting the engine a little higher and reducing the front driveshaft/transmission pan interference?
edit - looks like it's not trivial. Water pump and such won't clear, etc. https://www.lsxmag.com/tech-stories/engine/spotters-guide-identifying-factory-ls-intake-manifolds/

Email Marks4wd or AA for the measurements. They should provide you with instructions with a diagram like this (for the 6l80e)

Water pumps are cheap to change. I looked into going with a car intake. Used with injectors cost about 300 locally. I decided to go with a hood scoop instead. A inch or 2 body lift would help give more room for components and to get better clearance although can be fitted with stock body height. But personally I really would have liked having a body lift. It gets pretty tight in some areas-especially my exhaust and my auto shifter underneath the trans tunnel. 2wd transmissions are cheap, should be easy to find rather than having to convert a 4x4 trans.

Email Marks4wd or AA for the measurements. They should provide you with instructions with a diagram like this (for the 6l80e)

View attachment 1991030

Yea, there's a diagram like that available on AA, but it shows the stickout from the back of the first part of the adapter, not the overall length of the shaft or how much to cut off the end. Emailed AA and they said that diagram is all they have.

Water pumps are cheap to change. I looked into going with a car intake. Used with injectors cost about 300 locally. I decided to go with a hood scoop instead. A inch or 2 body lift would help give more room for components and to get better clearance although can be fitted with stock body height. But personally I really would have liked having a body lift. It gets pretty tight in some areas-especially my exhaust and my auto shifter underneath the trans tunnel. 2wd transmissions are cheap, should be easy to find rather than having to convert a 4x4 trans.

Getting the engine & trans as a package and they're pretty low mileage (80K). Places I talked to would only take it as a core - cheaper to swap the shaft. I'll think about the body lift - really never looked into that so not sure what's involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom