8x Series V8 Swaps (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just what mods (if any) you made to the crossmember. Just trying to work out strategies for my build. Namely since you used the 6l80e as well.
Marks has an adapter for the 6l80. If you get the correct adapter, it should align with your crossmember.

Not for the HF2AV.

This is the adapter I used to mate my ‘93’s Tcase to the 6L80 P/N slightly different, cause I didn’t need something that was otherwise provided with the adapter (can’t remember now). Call Marks. I think they helped me figure things out. Been a few years, but the “V” on the N.A. models stands for something that does not make a difference as far as an adapter

4A079B9B-950F-4182-88CB-FABEAC50C44F.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the adapter I used to mate my ‘93’s Tcase to the 6L80 P/N slightly different, cause I didn’t need something that was otherwise provided with the adapter (can’t remember now). Call Marks. I think they helped me figure things out. Been a few years, but the “V” on the N.A. models stands for something that does not make a difference as far as an adapter

Kit:
Adapter housing mates to the tcase and trans fine. The mount for the high/low lever requires adapter plate (for later year lc’s with the hf2av). Input shaft is about 3/8 inch too short (not that it matters). Provided motor mounts are useless. I had to bash the fire wall in spots to make the engine fit and I still was not at my original cross member mount spots. If I could have found an offset tcase that directly mated with the 6l80e, I probably would have gone that route.

93s came with one or the other (hf2av or hf2a).

Like @TonyP said the “V” is the viscous coupler. When not locked it’s limited slip.

58BF0EA5-5C0C-486B-B215-B1D6B564A467.png

Kit:
Adapter housing mates to the tcase and trans fine. The mount for the high/low lever requires adapter plate (for later year lc’s with the hf2av). Input shaft is about 3/8 inch too short (not that it matters). Provided motor mounts are useless. I had to bash the fire wall in spots to make the engine fit and I still was not at my original cross member mount spots. If I could have found an offset tcase that directly mated with the 6l80e, I probably would have gone that route.

93s came with one or the other (hf2av or hf2a).

Like @TonyP said the “V” is the viscous coupler. When not locked it’s limited slip.

View attachment 1974059
Engine mounts.....that’s why my P/N is different. I did not get Mark’s engines mounts. I got dirty dingo engine mounts, not the ones that came with the adapter “kit”.

Fuel sender is hooked up. Interestingly the schematic says for a single tank to use pin c2 73 if Im reading it right. However both on my extra LS ecu plug and my current plug in the truck 73 has not had the silicone punctured for that pin-so its never been used. However C2 54 does have a wire in my spare plug, so I pulled it from my spare plug and installed that into my harness at C2 54. Maybe Im reading the diagram wrong.

Was able to get my O2 sensor monitor to pass. I have high flow cats, and I think they don't react as quickly as the ecu would like to see. They don't set a code but don't set the monitor either. I installed some 90 degree O2 sensor foolers on the secondary O2s. They have a small port to let some exhaust through. I also packed them with steel wool. That assisted the O2 sensor signal enough to pass the monitor. Ill pull the foolers out now and run without them. Took only a few minutes to install so won't be hard to remove. Im going to call the referee and see if I can schedule an appointment.

Has anyone gotten a DC driveshaft to clear any of the gm transmissions? I'd like to use a 6l80e, but I'm also thinking about using a 4l80e to keep the cost down.

Has anyone gotten a DC driveshaft to clear any of the gm transmissions? I'd like to use a 6l80e, but I'm also thinking about using a 4l80e to keep the cost down.
I had no clearance issues with the 6L80e, but I also had a 4” lift.

Yeah I figured there was. How long did it take to complete?

Since you are in Vegas I would go by Motech and ask questions and pick their brains. They mostly do Jeeps because Of the number sold but they do Land Cruisers also. I've talked to a guy named Robbie a lot when I run into problems with my swap. They have tons of videos on Youtube. Yeah it is all jeeps but it all applies and you can lean a lot.
I wanted to take an 80 and cut it down to make a rock crawler. They also have a lot of contacts that can help when you run into a problem.

As a data point, I just got a Tom Woods DC shaft and it clears the 4L60E pan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom