8x Series V8 Swaps (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For the sake of me reading through all 127 pages. Read a bunch so far but wasn't looking for the answer to this question then. What belt setup is everyone running? 6.0 LQ9 is almost fully built and we are almost ready for test fitting.

IMG_20210918_095256.jpg

For the sake of me reading through all 127 pages. Read a bunch so far but wasn't looking for the answer to this question then. What belt setup is everyone running? 6.0 LQ9 is almost fully built and we
@cruisermatt recommends the truck accessories. I currently have LS1 camaro accessories and a Holley compressor relocation kit that I plan to try to use first since I own them. However, in your shoes, I would go truck accessories and see if you can talk @cruisermatt into making you a set of his motor mounts.

Stock truck accessory and water pump set up. Tell us about that engine! You could have hood clearance problems with that intake.
Lq9 with a stage 1 torque cam BTR. Hot tanked and honed, brand new bearings all around. New just about everything: rings, valves, springs, seals, rods etc and a trunnion kit just in case. Vht gold paint, bit more orange than I was looking for. Attempted to match my bronze wheels.

Shop slapped the intake for pics. What's the chance of fitting the trailblazer SS intake? That is the current plan but was going to wait for the test fit for the intake and the Accessory mounts.

@cruisermatt recommends the truck accessories. I currently have LS1 camaro accessories and a Holley compressor relocation kit that I plan to try to use first since I own them. However, in your shoes, I would go truck accessories and see if you can talk @cruisermatt into making you a set of his motor mounts.
Worked with NW adventure vehicles to get a NV4500 made with the transfer case adapter plate. They also made me motor mounts. Have to set the engine pretty far back to get the shifter to work.

There are clearance issues if you try to use an LS front drive assembly vs a Vortec and the reverse. The Vortec belt runs a bit farther out away from the block, I believe in order to clear the throttle body but not positive that is the reason.

Truck intake just fits under the hood. You can get more clearance by deleting the AC compressor or notch the frame for it like another guy on here did.
A taller intake is supposed to be a gain of about 10hp but that's at 6000 rpm. Rear world driving is going to be minimal gain for way too much money.

Gauging interest. Would anyone be interested in plug/play harnesses to have working Park/Neutral safety function as well as reverse lights and complete dash gear indicators for swaps with 4l60e or 4l80e? Harnesses would be about $350.
I currently have park / neutral and reverse working.
But would gladly pay that to have the other indicators work.
I think I have figured out how to do it with relays but to lazy to mess with so far and busy with other projects.

I put a 8l90e in and couldn't be happier. I believe the Torfab adapter will work with an 8l90 and a 10l90, but the 10 speed requires some firewall tuning.
I wasn’t aware that he had released his adapter.

I have a 4L60E that has been built to handle more power. We will see!

Gauging interest. Would anyone be interested in plug/play harnesses to have working Park/Neutral safety function as well as reverse lights and complete dash gear indicators for swaps with 4l60e or 4l80e? Harnesses would be about $350.
Hi I would be interested if you have anymore. I’m doing a LS 2 swap now. Motor came out of a SSR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom