80 series Slinky/ICON Long Travel Suspension officially coming to the U.S.A. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe it’s not me, it must be the rest of the herd.

So would you say are we weeks or months out on being able to buy Slinky parts?
I'm not involved in any way currently so I can't say. But going through 4xO directly is the way to go. They'll be handling all orders and questions themselves for the time being.

What I meant is 4xusa says the coils are icon in the decription

Screenshot_20210225-143654_Chrome.jpg

What I meant is 4xusa says the coils are icon in the decription

View attachment 2596383
That’s a mistake and outdated content on their site. They offered icon springs before they started making their own.

The site was being handled by the US distributor but with the separation from the distributor 4xO (in Australia) is taking the site back and working on getting it updated with accurate content is what I was told earlier this week. I think they’re planning to have it all updated in the next week or so.

So I have the 75mm intermediate front and rear. I think I am going to need to update to the heavy or super heavy but only see they are 70mm. What is the difference.
Not different. Pretty sure it’s just a misprint on the site. They’ve been working on updating it since the distributor was let go.
Just know that the extra heavies have a 1” taller free height and are linear rate. Gotta have a really heavy truck for the EHD to make sense. I’m at 7500lbs and the heavies are just right.

Adding this so I think I am going to need the heavies. I told recline what I was doing from the beginning and they told me the intermediate was fine but they said another of incorrect stuff.

Any idea how to order springs now.

View attachment 2615488
Are the new additions causing the intermediate springs to sag?
If you need to get new springs etc, you’ll need to contact Darren at 4xousa directly for the time being until they get a new distributor here in the US. He is handling all orders directly for now.
I don’t think he’s checking the forum much these days but seems to be answering messages he’s getting on social media. I also know his email is listed in the most recent post on the 4xousa Facebook page that announced the changes with the distributor.

Are the new additions causing the intermediate springs to sag?
If you need to get new springs etc, you’ll need to contact Darren at 4xousa directly for the time being until they get a new distributor here in the US. He is handling all orders directly for now.
I don’t think he’s checking the forum much these days but seems to be answering messages he’s getting on social media. I also know his email is listed in the most recent post on the 4xousa Facebook page that announced the changes with the distributor.
I loaded a few hundred pounds extra and don't have have the rear bumper or 36 gallon tank full yet it it started to drop. Should of bought the heavies from the beginning. Want to get some Hopefully it's not to late.

I emailed Darren hopefully I will hear from him.

I loaded a few hundred pounds extra and don't have have the rear bumper or 36 gallon tank full yet it it started to drop. Should of bought the heavies from the beginning. Want to get some Hopefully it's not to late.

I emailed Darren hopefully I will hear from him.
It won't be too late, just possibly delayed a bit.

Fwiw, my rig weighs in at 8,200lbs (not loaded up) I originally went with the heavies and had sag. I then went to the extra heavy duty springs and they are perfect. That being said, I was running my shocks at the stiffest settings and they still were bottoming out (loaded up) I sent in my icons and had them re valved for my weight. Here’s a pic of how it sits now. The drawer system is why it’s so heavy. Loaded up for a trip I imagine I’m close to 8,800lbs.

C5B2126A-2A82-4AFB-B9AC-5190E0B53CD0.jpeg

7A37D118-5CA5-4BDE-A544-F9CEBA6F56EE.jpeg

Realizing there will be delays in receiving anything I figured I'd try to dial in exactly what I need.

I was looking at the Intermediate Stage 1 Slinky. My LC is currently on OMEs from PO with no exterior armor or anything adding a ton of weight. I'm looking at the intermediate as I only plan to add a front and rear bumper and possibly sliders. I'm building it mostly to overland but will be doing it primarily by towing a trailer with the gear in it. I would still like overall offroad performance to be good as I'd like to hit trails occasionally (more trails, medium-high speed general off road, less rock climbing). I'd prefer the truck to be sound on the highway as I will have to drive it everywhere vs having it trailered, it won't be my DD though. I don't intend to - at least at this time - carry more than a couple passengers and personal gear in the actual truck. Possibly a fridge/freezer in the trunk.

Curious if 75mm intermediate would be the best as I won't have that heavy of a truck? I know most run heavy/EH slinky, but my concern is that my rig won't be heavy enough for the intermeeiate slinky let alone the heavy/EH coils and will result in decreased on road performance and vibes.

Is this a valid concern with the 75mm intermediate slinky or based on my weight, should I be looking for an entirely different lift?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom