Registry 80 Series Registry (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow this looks like an amazing find. Please post photos after a professional buff and wax. That supercharger is a rare thing on here. Please bring that thing back to life!!!!!
Thank you, when I saw it on CL, I had to check it out, and then once I saw the mileage, lockers, add ons and supercharger, I figured I should give it a go.It would be a good project over the winter and hopefully I can make a pretty solid adventure rig out of it.

As it had been sitting for roughly 3 years, the interior had a solid musty odor that only comes from time and water. As well as a good amount of dirt and algae covering the roof and hood. Yesterday I pulled all of the seats out, shampoo'd the carpets, cleaned up the seats, and wiped down the paint using a degreaser (The dollar store citrus jipe). I pulled the roof rack and got the mud and crud out of all the rain gutters and roof rack bars. Charged the AC although its leaking right from compressor right where the high side line bolts on, but it did work and blow cold for a minute, so thats exciting. I found my drivers sunroof drain leaks, and although the line appears clear, I suspect the cracked drain bracket, so I'll have to see if I can still get that from Toyota along with new colder heat range plugs, wires, fuel filter, LOF and some other doodads (yay wholesale pricing!)

Gave it a hand wash to see how it looks and I'd say its about 70% there. I'm going to hand the keys over to my detail guy within the next couple days and he is going to claybar and buff it so it should be looking right by Saturday and I'll hopefully get some photos for ya'll.

97 FZJ80. 3x locked
Matt Meckley
Odo is 210 plus

OME 3 inch, trail gear FB, Iron pig center slider, HD exhaust, dual battery system I'm still refining, Method Beadlocks on KM3 35s, going to 33x10.5s when I wear these out, PHH, soon to be a rear heater delete bypass, rear seats removed, and working on building up the interior sleeping platform and storage unit. Wanna do a rear hatch storage mod as well. Need a winch, and going to make some mods on the bumper.

My DD and all round activity rig.

Love this truck.

IMG_20190921_203522_137.jpg

Third Cruiser.
1. 1991 with poverty pack.
2. Galen
3. Plain Jane
4. 163k
5. Mods: Pioneer stereo system, Summit Cruisers spare tire swingout, winch, 33x10.5x15s. Future: sliders. The To-Do-List was about 80 items long when I got her in late August last year and I'm about 2/3 done.
6. Snowy road commuting and exploring the Shasta-Trinity NF and others.

View attachment 1395277

OMG!!! it this is the only one like mine I have ever seen! I have the poverty pack too with a roof rack and no finder flairs. same non sliding 3rd row windows as mine too. this is an older post.. do you still have it? I have the same old rims too.

Hi,
New the forum. Just purchased a '95, non-locker, 160k, in original condition one owner. The PO kept the truck under cover most of its life. The body is great, the interior has a lot of wear, and the engine/mechanicals are in serious need a complete baselining.

In searching for this vehicle I spent a lot of time on the forum researching existing build threads. I am impressed with the time and effort that the membership has put into posting tips, techniques and methods. The only way that I can think to express my appreciation is to join as paying member (silver). Please accept my gratitude for the wealth of information that all of you have provided.

I live in central North Carolina. The Outer banks are four hours East and the Appalachian mountains are three hours west. My family enjoys both many times a year. My goal is to build a reliable family expedition vehicle that performs well in sand and on fire roads/mountain trails. No major mods planned just yet - I have a lot of work to do to get this rig back to solid operating condition.

Enclosed is a picture of the truck. The color is a metal flake green that looks almost black under some conditions. Can anyone tell me the paint code? I have some touch up paint to order.

Many thanks again. Now I will go back to reading previous threads. -Ted

View attachment 1271809
Nice! I live on the obx! I hope you still have your cruiser

Last edited:
I just lost
Hello all! Newb here, Adam in Bristow,Virginia. I just picked up a '96 LC 80 with 189k. Was a bit rough, but it appears everything is intact. No mods have been made... Frame is good, engine runs strong, interior is about 98% there, and I picked it up for what I believe to be a good price. The bad, Exhaust Manifold leak, needed new drive belts ( thanks by the way to beno his response in a thread helped me), the interior .... it is DIRTY! Tach Oil pressure gauge also out... Front stock bumper had a bad encounter with a mailbox... I have been at it for 2 days now and its coming along quite nicely.

Before this I honed my Yota skills by fixing up a 2001 4runner. Spent the last year and a half as a weekend warrior mechanic, learning as much as i could. Now its time to step up to the big leagues! Im glad to be aboard, you guys seem to have a great forum with a ton of experience. I'll try to be as respectful to what you guys have to offer and hopefully I can somehow contribute.

Good Bye OLD FRIEND:(

View attachment 1258100

AND Hello New FRIEND!!!:)
View attachment 1258108
View attachment 1258109 View attachment 1258110 View attachment 1258111

This will be a fun project that will turn into a way of life Im sure.
[/QUOTE

I just lost my 3rd gen 4runner to hurricane dorian and also bought an fj80 to replace it. how do you like the land cruiser? if you still have it.

OMG!!! it this is the only one like mine I have ever seen! I have the poverty pack too with a roof rack and no finder flairs. same non sliding 3rd row windows as mine too. this is an older post.. do you still have it? I have the same old rims too.
Yup. Still have it. It gets driven when the motorcycle isn't practical or safe and for adventures in the forest. Fun to know there are a few more out there. I have a crank up window FJ62 as well, it's a project on hold.

1. 1996 Land Cruiser FZJ80
2. Danny / DannyBFresco
3. Tbd - just got it 3 days ago lol
4. 270,223
5. Prev. owner states it has an OME 2" lift w/ KYB extended shocks and has CDL switch
6. Currently holds the pavement down, but once it's back to 100% it will be the mountain goat to my Tacoma's desert runner.
7. Pics:
80.jpg
80Rear.jpg

1. 1996 Land Cruiser FZJ80
2. Danny / DannyBFresco
3. Tbd - just got it 3 days ago lol
4. 270,223
5. Prev. owner states it has an OME 2" lift w/ KYB extended shocks and has CDL switch
6. Currently holds the pavement down, but once it's back to 100% it will be the mountain goat to my Tacoma's desert runner.
7. Pics:
View attachment 2119349View attachment 2119350
shes clean man, enjoy

97 FZJ80. 3x locked
Matt Meckley
Odo is 210 plus

OME 3 inch, trail gear FB, Iron pig center slider, HD exhaust, dual battery system I'm still refining, Method Beadlocks on KM3 35s, going to 33x10.5s when I wear these out, PHH, soon to be a rear heater delete bypass, rear seats removed, and working on building up the interior sleeping platform and storage unit. Wanna do a rear hatch storage mod as well. Need a winch, and going to make some mods on the bumper.

My DD and all round activity rig.

Love this truck.

View attachment 2114156

Great looking truck. FYI, that is not a Trail Gear front bumper. I believe it is MetalTech.

1994 Land Cruiser
Jim/Tachycardic
Frank The Tank
Just got him yesterday--277k
Other than tinted windows, LED head lights, and a pioneer radio, he's stock
Family vacations mainly in NV, CA, UT, and AZ
IMG_0454.JPG

1993 with 230k miles. I’ve owned it for the past 2 years. Bought it from an Air Force pilot in Farmington, UT who brought it back to life with his son. It’s been an amazing truck I use as a daily driver and light trail rig. I live in Park City, UT so it’s nice to know I’ll never get stuck in the snow ;)Has center diff switch but non-locked. Original stock engine.

-4” OME lift
-Rocky Mountain Sliders
-SCS wheels with 33” BFG All Terrains
-front bumper with fog lights
-Rhino Rack
-new touchscreen pioneer stereo

That’s it!

CAAE6274-F736-4938-A0F7-7F245C2BE2D4.jpeg
D581CFC9-750C-4A6C-A716-4AA3361E1E4D.jpeg

8D80721E-912A-4470-A44A-4841EA1BFA71.jpeg
5D7E3BD8-A521-4CD8-9E80-5FE0E8B84B57.jpeg
0EF473B5-E343-4F19-958C-6776866CE500.jpeg

saved from the scrapyard!
1. 1991 FJ80
2. Poz, Pozzi, AR ...I answer to them all
3. Roach
4. 206k
5. stock (for now)
6. Snow and camping
7. Seksy beast

roach.jpg

Last edited:
1993 with 230k miles. I’ve owned it for the past 2 years. Bought it from an Air Force pilot in Farmington, UT who brought it back to life with his son. It’s been an amazing truck I use as a daily driver and light trail rig. I live in Park City, UT so it’s nice to know I’ll never get stuck in the snow ;)Has center diff switch but non-locked. Original stock engine.

-4” OME lift
-Rocky Mountain Sliders
-SCS wheels with 33” BFG All Terrains
-front bumper with fog lights
-Rhino Rack
-new touchscreen pioneer stereo

That’s it!

View attachment 2134518View attachment 2134523
View attachment 2134515View attachment 2134511View attachment 2134513

Did you put the Toyota sticker on?

80 next to 100.jpg

1. 1996 1FZ-FE (Oz import) with 100l petrol & 100l lpg
2. Michael Alvey-Anderson, Daventry UK.
3. BigSilver
4. 358000
5. Lift, snorkel, bull bar, ARB roof rack (car bought with these)
6. Everything
7. Above with my 100 (BigGreen) :)

1. 1994 FZJ80 build date 04/94
2. Tom
3. Cruiser
4. 229,500 miles
5. Bone stock
6. Will be used as a DD and camping rig
B78AF309-275C-4756-9690-16D17249CA2B.jpeg

Joe, was thinking about this rig the other day. Figured its been a month since you posted...any updated shots of her looking cleaned up? I love the story behind this rig. I dont believe in the afterlife, but I'm hoping somewhere the previous owner is smiling knowing that the truck is back on the road.

• Joe
  • Undecided at the moment
  • Bumper, came with winch but haven't put it on yet. sliders, some kind of OME lift, lights, TRD supercharger etc
  • Just trying to get it clean and shiny again. Sitting in the woods for 3 years takes its toll. Debating finding a stock front bumper. The interior is a bit musty right now, its going to sit inside all weekend with some fans in it to dry it out. Next is troubleshooting the AC and vent settings as they seem to be stuck on face, but I've been busy and haven't had time to commit.

Lots of cool rigs on here! So much knowledge and tech packed into one place. I love it.

I just picked up a 1996 that has been sitting for about 3 years under some trees. The original owner (who was maybe on MUD?) had parked it there and got sick and passed away. The woman who owned the house, bought it from his family and needed money for home repairs and put it up on CL. 157k lockers, supercharger etc. I had it towed it to my work, put a battery in it, pulled the plugs, put some oil in the cylinders and cranked it over to lube everything up. Tossed the plugs back in and it fired right up on the first try. Haven't driven it more than around the block yet but I'm pretty excited. View attachment 2110356

Joe, was thinking about this rig the other day. Figured its been a month since you posted...any updated shots of her looking cleaned up? I love the story behind this rig. I dont believe in the afterlife, but I'm hoping somewhere the previous owner is smiling knowing that the truck is back on the road.

Thanks for the kind words, I put a shot of it up in here after it was very first detailed (80 Series Registry), since then, I've just been plugging away on my days off getting a bunch of maintenance done and slight upgrades. So far, the list of repairs include

• Denso Mr2 Turbo plugs and plug wires
  • replaced pcv and hose to fix vacuum leak
  • fuel filter
  • oil change
  • fixed the leaking sunroof (Sunroof leak fixed!.... I think)
  • CDL switch and pin 7 deal.
  • New Radio (alpine 73-uteBT)
  • New Denso AC compressor, expansion valve and receiver drier. Also cleaned the Evaporator. it was nasty and full of pine needles and moisture from sitting.
  • Replaced all belts and Idler pulleys for AC, Alternator and supercharger
  • I bought a new wits end modified fan clutch but had an issue with the blades hitting the idler pulley so went back to the Blue one with the spacer (any input appreciated)
I've still got to rebuild the front end, to the firewall PHH's, wire up the winch and lights, but for now the truck runs and drives great. I took it on its first real initial test drive last weekend, about 140 miles. It holds 70 on the freeway with no issues. Its not done by a long shot, but its functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom