Registry 80 Series Registry (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh Goodie! My first post! I just bought mine yesterday!

1. 1993
2. Dan
3. Still figuring it out
4. 179k
5. Mods: I fixed the loose belts, windshield sprayers, rear door latch, installed the 3rd row, unplugged the non functional rear driver window.
6. Daily driver with occasional 4 wheeling. Someday, maybe an overland vehicle.

Greetings! Been lurking here for several years...Cruiser envy...something like that. Finally acquired my own rig in late November- she's a 1994 with factory lockers and that super rare forest green paint. Pulled the trigger on this one, in part, due to the super clean interior and the paint being in such great shape (compared to many other rigs I've seen out west). Immediately took her in for much needed maintenance (new front brakes, change all fluids, etc. plus install a lift and new tires, and then drove across country (hitting a couple ski areas in Utah and Colorado) to Cincinnati to start my new job (my 94 Toyota PU is still in San Diego waiting patiently for its turn for a cross-country run). Also "lost" the running boards and third row seats.

1. 1994
2. David
3. N/A
4. 185k (at time of purchase)
5. Currently just an OME 2.5" lift + Bilstein shocks. Future: Cupholders, sliders, tailgate storage mod, rear bumper...

IMGP0039_1.jpg

Greetings! Been lurking here for several years...Cruiser envy...something like that. Finally acquired my own rig in late November- she's a 1994 with factory lockers and that super rare forest green paint. Pulled the trigger on this one, in part, due to the super clean interior and the paint being in such great shape (compared to many other rigs I've seen out west). Immediately took her in for much needed maintenance (new front brakes, change all fluids, etc. plus install a lift and new tires, and then drove across country (hitting a couple ski areas in Utah and Colorado) to Cincinnati to start my new job (my 94 Toyota PU is still in San Diego waiting patiently for its turn for a cross-country run). Also "lost" the running boards and third row seats.

1. 1994
2. David
3. N/A
4. 185k (at time of purchase)
5. Currently just an OME 2.5" lift + Bilstein shocks. Future: Cupholders, sliders, tailgate storage mod, rear bumper...

View attachment 1383123
Another '94! And you're sitting at a gas station. I've found that any trip requires stops at quite a few of those.

Had the 80 for 3 years now but never added to the directory, figured I'd share - it's been a great truck!

1. 1997 40th Anniversary
2. Matt
3. -
4. 159k currently (purchased at 146k)
5. OME 850/850, 315 KO's, a few other odd and ends
6. Part time DD and weekend rig

1994 FZJ80
Ted
The Tank
Bought in October 2016
Stock with 177k
Started with a 4 inch lift. Running OME
Springs, Slee castor correction plates, Slee brake lines. I have made or modified all other parts

Oh Goodie! My first post! I just bought mine yesterday!

1. 1993
2. Dan
3. Still figuring it out
4. 179k
5. Mods: I fixed the loose belts, windshield sprayers, rear door latch, installed the 3rd row, unplugged the non functional rear driver window.
6. Daily driver with occasional 4 wheeling. Someday, maybe an overland vehicle.

OK, I figured out my Rigs name:

BEAST MODE

It feels appropriate after driving a Mazda Miata for the last 6 years.

1. 1996
2. Chris
3. Lady
4. 260k (bought from brother January 2016)
5. Snorkel, VC Removed, 12v USB Charging outlets, CDL mod, Eagle Eye lights (Halos came with truck but don't have them wired) Resonator Deleted (Installing Borla in a couple weeks) Dobinsons 30mm FR Coil Spacers, Dobinsons Big Bore Steering Damper, 33" Terra Grappler G2, 1.5" Metaltech Wheel Spacers, 17" 4Runner/Tacoma Rims, Fender flare delete (Herculiner bedliner paint over wheel arches this weekend), Dobinsons 2" Springs/Coils/Casters from @crikeymike will be ordered in the next couple of weeks, Trail Gear Rock Defense Front and Rear Tube Bumpers in about a month or 2.... Been putting off front axle rebuild for a while but will do it soon.
Some not so near future projects include: Front Seats redone, Safari Rack (Gamviti), New Fuel Pump, New Drivetrain bits (DS, Gears, 3rd member rebuild), Full Tune up, non-US stock Spare Tire swing gate...
6. She's my daily... love all the quirks and issues/challenges that come with owning an 80.

File_000.jpeg

Hello everyone, new to the group but not to Land Cruisers. Have a FJ40 that I've owned for over 20 years so this will be my second cruiser. Excited to take it out on the trails but only moderate wheeling.
1. Year and model-1997 40th CE with Factory Lockers
2. Name of owner-Wade Clements
3. Name of rig-To new to give her a name yet
4. Mileage-176K
5. Mods...if any-PO put on a OME Lift, ARB Front Bumper w/Warn 8K winch, Bump it Rear bumper with spare tire carrier & Hi-Lift Jack cradle, Roof Rack, 315's Coopers.
6. How the truck is used-Camping/Trail Rig

1997_LC_Home.jpg

Bought a 96 FZJ80 back in early January w/188,000 miles on the clock. Front and Rear lockers. Have fixed antenna, floppy mirrors, replaced wood trim, just finished rebuilding my rear dif actuator. Just installed Dick Cepak 285/75/16 Extreme Country tires. Love em and they are not noisy! Need to get Check Engine light straightened out, repair front driver fender(rubs door), and replace front seat covers. repair some rust on the roof, sand and repaint. Occasional daily driver, mostly bought to off road with my son and his new family. He just bought a '96 Lexus LX 450. Looking forward to more off road camping trips.

Third Cruiser.
1. 1991 with poverty pack.
2. Galen
3. Plain Jane
4. 163k
5. Mods: Pioneer stereo system, Summit Cruisers spare tire swingout, winch, 33x10.5x15s. Future: sliders. The To-Do-List was about 80 items long when I got her in late August last year and I'm about 2/3 done.
6. Snowy road commuting and exploring the Shasta-Trinity NF and others.

20170121_153618.jpg

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and the Toyota family. I've been driving an Isuzu Trooper for years and am ready and have wised up enough to do the right thing (purchase a Toyota). I am currently shopping for my first 80 around the country as I want to find a great one. I'll be looking for some possible help from my fellow Toyota enthusiasts to inspect some where they are just to far outta reach. Hopefully my next post will be of my recently purchased Toy.
Chris in Northern Utah.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and the Toyota family. I've been driving an Isuzu Trooper for years and am ready and have wised up enough to do the right thing (purchase a Toyota). I am currently shopping for my first 80 around the country as I want to find a great one. I'll be looking for some possible help from my fellow Toyota enthusiasts to inspect some where they are just to far outta reach. Hopefully my next post will be of my recently purchased Toy.
Chris in Northern Utah.
Took me over a year to find the right one. Be patient.

Ryan's 1997 Lexus LX450
OME Med/Heavy suspension, Expedition Rack, Rock Sliders, Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, Snorkel, 285 BFG K02, Drawer/Camper Kit, Warn VR 10-S Winch, Font Winch Bumper
Used as an expedition and camping rig

IMG_9172.jpg

Hi all - on my 3rd 80 Series now, with a 120 in there somewhere too.... Details:

1997 1HDFT Turbo Diesel VX Amazon in moonglow opal, leather trim, moonroof
Gary
'The Truck'
205,000 statute miles
Mods. Well - where to start?
Replacement bumpers, winch, spare tyre mount on swing arm, recovery gear bin on swing arm
EFS Shocks, Old Man Emu springs, 2" lift
Drawer System plus packing dividers for the back and doggie guard - home made
12volt start conversion
166litre LongRanger fuel tank, total 260 litres of diesel on board
Pusher pump for fuel - all rigged to OEM solenoids and filling system
CTEK D250S split charge controller, solar panel for when parked up, 3 batteries
TouchSlide / Arduino custom control centre to monitor the lot - water, oil, boost, voltage, internal and external temps, fuel consumption, trip meters (accursed), etc.
3" custom stainless exhaust, minimal baffles
Roof bars with AirTop roof tent
EscapeGear seat covers
Sandgrabba floor mats
Custom sliders
Safari snorkel
Tinted windows
FoxWing Awning
iCom 7000 radio

I think that's about it! For now - to come is a front-mount intercooler and a water tank....

Used as an overlander / camper mainly, and as a dog-hauler. Pics taken in Morocco :)

IMG_0727.PNG

IMG_0730.PNG

IMG_0734.PNG

IMG_0731.PNG

Hi all - on my 3rd 80 Series now, with a 120 in there somewhere too.... Details:

1997 1HDFT Turbo Diesel VX Amazon in moonglow opal, leather trim, moonroof
Gary
'The Truck'
205,000 statute miles
Mods. Well - where to start?
Replacement bumpers, winch, spare tyre mount on swing arm, recovery gear bin on swing arm
EFS Shocks, Old Man Emu springs, 2" lift
Drawer System plus packing dividers for the back and doggie guard - home made
12volt start conversion
166litre LongRanger fuel tank, total 260 litres of diesel on board
Pusher pump for fuel - all rigged to OEM solenoids and filling system
CTEK D250S split charge controller, solar panel for when parked up, 3 batteries
TouchSlide / Arduino custom control centre to monitor the lot - water, oil, boost, voltage, internal and external temps, fuel consumption, trip meters (accursed), etc.
3" custom stainless exhaust, minimal baffles
Roof bars with AirTop roof tent
EscapeGear seat covers
Sandgrabba floor mats
Custom sliders
Safari snorkel
Tinted windows
FoxWing Awning
iCom 7000 radio

I think that's about it! For now - to come is a front-mount intercooler and a water tank....

Used as an overlander / camper mainly, and as a dog-hauler. Pics taken in Morocco :)

View attachment 1402156

View attachment 1402158

View attachment 1402159

View attachment 1402162
Is that a custom made spare tire cover/bag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom