80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, I just got back on here and looks like I missed the boat this go around... Any clue if your tire swing out will work with a trail gear rear bumper?

Hey, I just got back on here and looks like I missed the boat this go around... Any clue if your tire swing out will work with a trail gear rear bumper?

I would be surprised if it did. I was designed as it's own system. I've never even seen a trail gear rear bumper so I can't imagine anything from my swing out working on it.

Found this link and just started tracking this, when is the next available batch? Please notify me when deposit is required....

Thanks, Alex

Hey Alex,

I'm currently midway through a semester of classes right now so nothing will be happening until this summer. I may also be taking summer classes, but I haven't decided if I am going to or not and where I will be taking them. If I can take them close to home the batch will happen sooner rather than later.

For anyone and everyone who is interested in staying up to date on what's going on with these kits, I suggest subscribing to this thread an opting to receive email notifications or just start checking in every now and then starting around May. That's when I'll have more updates.

Subscribed!! wish I would have found this sooner...
Any idea when you might do more? Still looking like Summer?

Just what the Dr. ordered - too bad I missed this run.

Do you have sideview (or anyview) pics comparing the spacing of Version 1 vs 2 spare tire upright to tailgate? Will you be building both versions still?

I'm down for a driver's side carrier and likely a passenger side carrier, too.

Subscribed!! wish I would have found this sooner...
Any idea when you might do more? Still looking like Summer?

Yes the next batch will still be sometime this summer.

Just what the Dr. ordered - too bad I missed this run.

Do you have sideview (or anyview) pics comparing the spacing of Version 1 vs 2 spare tire upright to tailgate? Will you be building both versions still?

I'm down for a driver's side carrier and likely a passenger side carrier, too.

Yes, I think I have a picture of them somewhere, but I will have to find it.

any possibility of modifying these to fit a 100 series?

I have a kit set aside for that reason. Im planning on messing around with it this summer and seeing what parts can and can't be transferred between models.

I have a prebuilt one for sale in San Jose, Ca.

Going with a full bumper. pm me

On a side note, it appears that the current method of alerting people via tags does not entirely work.
MUD will only alert a max of 10 tags per post unless you are a moderator for the section you’re posting in. Ran into this situation last year and got the lowdown from Woody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom