80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just sent out the final invoices to everyone who has put down a deposit. If anyone else is interested, I have a couple of kits left. I will need payment in full by this evening in order to ship out tomorrow/Saturday.

Thanks!

These things are Fantastic! Sounds like a bunch more 80's will be sporting Summit's tire carrier. I am going to see an 80 somewhere soon outfitted with one. Maybe we should post sightings of your carrier to this thread.

Paid for mine today. It will be a while before it’s installed but I wanted to get in on the deal. Kudos to a young guy being entrepreneurial, even if he’s an Okie...

So, have you guys pulled a trailer with this carrier? Been toying with the idea of buying a camper. Already bought the carrier.

So, have you guys pulled a trailer with this carrier? Been toying with the idea of buying a camper. Already bought the carrier.

As far as I understand, there is no hitch with this carrier...

As far as I understand, there is no hitch with this carrier...

Correct. No hitch carrier. I don't like the strength of the factory cross member so it will never be an option.

I don't see it being a problem if the neck is long enough to keep them from hitting while on really tight turns. I know on my dad's 1967 m416 military trailer he added a spare tire mount on the neck and anything past 90* and it will collide with either swing out but that's a rather extreme example.

...I’m sure you mean w/the factory hitch, clearance-wise...:doh:

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone for your patience as I get another one of these batches out the door! As of this evening, all kits ordered have been shipped. Luckily, I was even able to produce some extra pieces to help speed up the next batch in an effort to help meet the demand.

For you 100 Series people, be on the lookout as I think that will be my next direction as I feel like I am finally able to keep up with demand on the 80 series.

Also, if anyone is looking for a passenger side kit with hi-lift mounting brackets, I have one packaged up and ready to go.

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone for your patience as I get another one of these batches out the door! As of this evening, all kits ordered have been shipped. Luckily, I was even able to produce some extra pieces to help speed up the next batch in an effort to help meet the demand.

For you 100 Series people, be on the lookout as I think that will be my next direction as I feel like I am finally able to keep up with demand on the 80 series.

Also, if anyone is looking for a passenger side kit with hi-lift mounting brackets, I have one packaged up and ready to go.

I'll take the passenger side kit with hi-lift mounting brackets.. will PM you..

Is there a reason people go with one side over the other? Something I’m not thinking about? I would think the PS would be better so you don’t have to get out and go around it before opening it. But that’s just my thought. Thanks

I’d like to be added to the list too please

Is there a reason people go with one side over the other? Something I’m not thinking about? I would think the PS would be better so you don’t have to get out and go around it before opening it. But that’s just my thought. Thanks

I’d like to be added to the list too please

I'll get you added to it.

Most of the kits sold are driver's side. I personally don't think there is a good argument for passenger side. The difference in weight is negligible in the grand scheme of things. It's like telling a rear seat passenger to sit in the middle seat vs one of the two outside seats. The passenger side also pretty much equates to giving up any rear window visibility.

A tire on the driver's side hardly blocks visibility since you look towards the passenger side at an angle. You never look straight back behind you which is where the head rests block view anyway.

I've never thought of walking around the swing out as being an inconvenience, and I've never even noticed it granted I usually have a bike rack on and a second swing out anyway.

Last edited:
I was put on the list, but never received a deposit notifcation. Was I not on the list for this round?

Pm replied to

On a side note, it appears that the current method of alerting people via tags does not entirely work. If anyone really wants to stay in the loop, I suggest subscribing to the thread and checking the box to receive email notifications. That seems to be the guaranteed way to receive a notification.

Last edited:
Pm replied to

On a side note, it appears that the current method of alerting people via tags does not entirely work. If anyone really wants to stay in the loop, I suggest subscribing to the thread. That seems to be the guaranteed way to receive a notification.
Did subscribe, but never received any emails. Guess that doesn’t always work either.

What an excellent solution. I'm interested in a PS version. Are any still available?

None are available at this time. This semester is my busiest yet, and I will probably be mid May before I can start another batch.

I have a Driver Side Kit I picked up from the second batch that I have not installed that I'm looking to find a new owner for.

I'm in SLC. Message me if you are interested

I have a Driver Side Kit I picked up from the second batch that I have not installed that I'm looking to find a new owner for.

I'm in SLC. Message me if you are interested
I tried to send you a message but your in box is full. Has some one already snagged the kit?

Im definetly interested when you make them for the 100 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom