79 Aussie BJ55 build

Another year, another OCKA invitational.. This year i was driving @Roadkilldovii 's double locked, 12 ht Fj55 and leading a group up to Mt useful..

We had a bit of a play on the friday ..

got a few 40's together (84 of them, 2 x 55's and a 60) Saturday morning

and then went bush ... when we hit first snow we followed another groups tracks who had turned round at this point..

but after some deliberation we pressed on..

and again we were making fresh tracks..

and woke up to more snow on Sunday

Today I got the pig back on 4 wheels. In Feb I took off my Man-A-Fre 4+ Ubolt flip kit as I'd sold it and the pig had been on jack stands since... I've also formulated a bit of a plan to re-org the shed with the continuation of the rust repairs and engine swap into the 80 in mind..

Well this week has been pretty hit and miss for me.. on monday I lost my best buddy after she wandered off and later got hit by a car... I think someone nearby was shooting so that probably scared her off in the first place.. I noticed she wasnt around for dinner and then the dog catcher picked her up off the side of the road in the morning after she'd been hit.. She was going on 12yrs but she still had plenty of life in her.. so sad to see her taken like that.. :`(

apart from that id took the sump off last weekend to get the sump plug repaired as it was cross threaded and wouldn't tighten.. as well as welding in a 1/2" NPT female bung for a turbo oil retun line.. i left it over night full of oil and found a few tiny leaks..

I also got a chance to truss up my sheet metal brake to try and stop it flexing when trying to bend long bits of sheet.. havent tested it yet as the wife had to go out and i'm on duty lookin after 3 kids..

Well this week has been pretty hit and miss for me.. on monday I lost my best buddy after she wandered off and later got hit by a car... I think someone nearby was shooting so that probably scared her off in the first place.. I noticed she wasnt around for dinner and then the dog catcher picked her up off the side of the road in the morning after she'd been hit.. She was going on 12yrs but she still had plenty of life in her.. so sad to see her taken like that.. :`(

apart from that id took the sump off last weekend to get the sump plug repaired as it was cross threaded and wouldn't tighten.. as well as welding in a 1/2" NPT female bung for a turbo oil retun line.. i left it over night full of oil and found a few tiny leaks..

I also got a chance to truss up my sheet metal brake to try and stop it flexing when trying to bend long bits of sheet.. havent tested it yet as the wife had to go out and i'm on duty lookin after 3 kids..
Sorry to hear about the pup :(

Progress is good!

Sump works complete (turbo drain bung and fixed plug thread) and its back on prior to removal from the 55 chassis... its a small step but progress is progress right? I'm trying to get bits and peices done as I can afford it with my monthly pocket money.. next month its getting the starter rebuilt.

Been working on my measurements.. I'm not sure i've got it right yet as I can't get it in to check the profile.. I'll need to remove a bit first to see how close I got..

and having a go at some gutter section.

for those playing at home (and my reference) the fold lines for that piece are:
- 12mm
- 36mm
- 30mm
- 24mm
- 16mm
- 14mm
- 12mm

and for the gutter section.
- 16mm
- 14mm