FAQ 70 SERIES -- SHOPS & PARTS SOURCES-- NORTH AMERICA MARKET

wardharris

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Can't help with your rubber items, but for aftermarket, I have been a happy customer of the following for some time - started with a Mercedes and then upgraded to old Land Cruiser.... CocoMats.com Car Mats

Excellent quality, great service, good prices/value and they will make almost anything if you provide a template/pattern. I had a set made for over top of my full carpets in the 73 and they worked from my sketch/pattern as it was their first 70 Series.

Old school products, great service and support - a pleasure to deal with.

upload_2015-12-2_11-33-37.png

wardharris

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Can't help with your rubber items, but for aftermarket, I have been a happy customer of the following for some time - started with a Mercedes and then upgraded to old Land Cruiser.... CocoMats.com Car Mats I had a set made for over top of my full carpets in the 73 and they worked from my sketch/pattern as it was their first 70 Series.View attachment 1169950

70 SERIES SHOP/PARTS THREAD POST

Found a photo of the 73 with the aftermarket floor mats in place. No, the Dynamat is not final finish for carpeting :)

upload_2015-12-3_10-39-53.png

Good Christ, Beno, that was a quick response.

If you're in western Canada, i suggest the following shop:

Pro-Active Automotive
3501 29th Street NE
Calgary, Alberta
Canada, T1Y-5W4
403 291 2470
I've been dealing with that shop for nearly 12 years, and not once have they put a foot wrong. They looked after my 61, and now my 75 Troopie; they've no problems finding parts, they get the job done right the first time, etcetc, and i've no reason to go anywhere else. I've seen at that shop, over the years, foreign Troopies, one or two Dutch ones and a French one (if i remember correctly), from foreigners doing their long-range travels; as well, they often have other JDM vehicles there. Recommended unconditionally, and i wouldn't post this without personal experience and trust in them.

This may be a dumb question as I think I'm the only 70s owner in Los Angeles (if that's wrong, somebody tell me!), but has anyone had experience with K&H Import Auto Repair? I know they deal with a lot of 60 and 80 series.

Still looking for a solid go-to mechanic in my neck of the woods.

Onur

11411-58050
GOLD Star

This may be a dumb question as I think I'm the only 70s owner in Los Angeles (if that's wrong, somebody tell me!), but has anyone had experience with K&H Import Auto Repair? I know they deal with a lot of 60 and 80 series.

Still looking for a solid go-to mechanic in my neck of the woods.
@orangefj45 in Stockton would be my 7x go to place.

I can vouch for K&H. Took my 74 to them for a couple of minor things and they did a solid job.

K&H Import Auto Repair
21420 Ingomar St
Los Angeles CA 91304
Mario, 818 594 0088
Specialize in cruisers, mostly 40s and 60s, know their way around 70s and are the best option I've found in Southern CA.

ChuckB

SILVER Star

I owned an FJ55 that had receipts on an engine rebuild from K&H. No personal experience but it ran really well and I have heard good things about them.

I can vouch for K&H. Took my 74 to them for a couple of minor things and they did a solid job.

K&H Import Auto Repair
21420 Ingomar St
Los Angeles CA 91304
Mario, 818 594 0088
Specialize in cruisers, mostly 40s and 60s, know their way around 70s and are the best option I've found in Southern CA.

NCFJ

Supporting Vendor

Hey Ward, I just noticed you list me in NC, I am in SC :)

Hardline Fabrication Services
111 Dozer Rd
Chesnee, SC 29323

Top Bottom