FAQ 70 SERIES -- SHOPS & PARTS SOURCES-- NORTH AMERICA MARKET

Onur:

It looks like both 65910-90K01 and 65910-60110 are NLA. Is that true?

Edit: I meant to ask this in the other sticky thread but too late and can't delete this post.

Gun Runner 5

KI4CMQ
SILVER Star

Most of the shops that are strictly dedicated to the Land Cruiser have backlogs that in some cases extend into 2019.
It's good to have more business than there are hours in the day but it's frustrating to have to turn away potential loyal customers.

Most of the shops that are strictly dedicated to the Land Cruiser have backlogs that in some cases extend into 2019.
It's good to have more business than there are hours in the day but it's frustrating to have to turn away potential loyal customers.
Hello,

Nothing like a thriving business. A good thing to see indeed.

Nevertheless, the backlog is a good reason to get tools and FSMs. Many things in the 70 Series were designed to be disassembled, repaired and assembled again with rather simple equipment (and skills.) It is excellent occupational therapy as well.

Juan

Onur:

Edit: I meant to ask this in the other sticky thread but too late and can't delete this post.
Hello,

I remember reading that Japan4x4 had a stash of these, the last available.

It would be worth asking them.

Juan

Hello,

I remember reading that Japan4x4 had a stash of these, the last available.

It would be worth asking them.

Juan
Hi Juan.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dave has some (I bought mine from him several years back). I don’t need one as I have one already but was trying to determine the value of all my parts for the FJ73.

Hello,

A quick search suggests the price would be around US$ 1400.00.

A sobering reminder that some Toyota parts are rather expensive.

I lost count of the parts value for Chance (my 73) after replacing the brake cylinders.

Juan

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor

I will add myself;

Ian Westmoreland
South to North Land Cruisers
Boise, Idaho
South to North Land Cruisers | Our Services

I am currently focusing more on builds than imports.

I am currently not doing small or odd jobs. I am only doing full builds. My current schedule has me booked up for some time but if you wanted to get inline for when my next build slot opens up, drop me a call or email!

I prefer the big jobs, I am very familiar with 70-series as well as all models of Cruisers.

Cheers

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet

I see that you also are fed up with tire-kickers and similar riffraff.

This phenomenon is one of the main reasons my cleats now hang in the trophy case. The current climate does not support paying for product knowledge.

Tire kickers apparently think it is OK for them to make money but not the business people they cross examine.

Onur

16711-58020
GOLD Star

Onur:

Matt: 65910-60110-A0 looks like it's been superseded to 65910-60101-A0.

Also another number I am seeing: 65910-60160-A0 but it's application is uncertain. Possible 2018 and newer application.

Best guess since I have never ordered the newer supersession.

Last edited:

joekatana

GOLD Star

I see that you also are fed up with tire-kickers and similar riffraff.

This phenomenon is one of the main reasons my cleats now hang in the trophy case. The current climate does not support paying for product knowledge.

Tire kickers apparently think it is OK for them to make money but not the business people they cross examine.
Are there tire kickers in the land Cruiser community ……… Lol and this is the exact reason I refuse to set up a website so they can't pester me from 9 to 5 when they are at work and got nothing better to do ;)

That being said I am thankful for the good customer base I have from whom many are on here and others who have been referred to me by Mud Members !

Onur

16711-58020
GOLD Star

Anyone know of a good shop that could work on a HZj77 in Connecticut or Rhode Island?
I have a HZJ77 coming in December for about 2 months. I am in the Woodstock, NY area. Exit 19 off the Thruway.

I can assist afterwards. Please contact me directly.

Thanks Beno- I am doing some thinking about getting one. if there was a problem that I could not handle I would feel better if there were someone to help that was not as far away as Colorado or Utah. I understand that parts are available. I would run the beach and fish for Striped bass in it. Could be the ultimate beach buggy.

I’m not sure how Slee Offroad in Golden, CO got on the list, but they were about as helpful as a Honda dealership when I called them up. Extremely disappointing support for these vehicles.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor

I’m not sure how Slee Offroad in Golden, CO got on the list, but they were about as helpful as a Honda dealership when I called them up. Extremely disappointing support for these vehicles.
I think they are quite up front that they specialize in the 80, 100 & 200 and are top shelf for those platforms. My 2 cents :D

I think they are quite up front that they specialize in the 80, 100 & 200 and are top shelf for those platforms. My 2 cents :D
I am not saying that they have misrepresented themselves, just questioning why they are under the “70 Series Shops Parts Sources ...” heading.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor

I am not saying that they have misrepresented themselves, just questioning why they are under the “70 Series Shops Parts Sources ...” heading.
Ah, good question. I'm not sure how they landed here. I'll fix that.

Ah, good question. I'm not sure how they landed here. I'll fix that.
Thanks.
And on a related note, JC’s British and 4x4 in southwest Denver has done some work for me and they are getting a devoted diesel mechanic this month. Maybe not a devoted Toyota shop, but a good option for people in the Denver area that have nobody else close.

4runnermods

Supporting Vendor
I will add myself here. I started selling armor from South America last year.

Steel front and rear bumpers, Roll Cage, rock sliders, internal consoles (center floor consoles, ceiling consoles, storage consoles for the cargo) , Roof racks low profile.

International shipping varies constantly. You could email me for update shipping cost at Jorge@4runnermods.com

Also check the website
Land Cruiser 70-79 series

Jorge Villalobos
Knoxville TN

Top Bottom