7" Round LED Headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't look too closely at your link, but I would double-check the cutoff is for our right side of the road, vs they're left side of the road.

I got the Japanese market Koito 24V lights in the mail today. The pattern on the glass dome matches the pattern on the original (SB) sealed beam units on my HZJ77 which I assume is for RHD countries. Plus they are different than the 12V Koito lights that come under Toyota p/n 81110-60P70 with the relay harness and all. The glass on the Toyota supplied 12V ones sticks out a little bit more also. Lastly, the Toyota supplied 12V ones have a different pattern on the glass (assuming for LHD countries) and some kind of shield inside the unit.

lights8.JPG

lights7.jpg
lights3.jpg

lights2.jpg

lights1.jpg

- i would like to introduce the worlds first 100% all GLASS H4 KUSTOM KOITo LED kit and there premium quality glass encased diodes , 7" round applications

- available in BOTH 12V and 24V

- these H4 Diodes are fully adjustable after you preform the initial traditional head lamps adjustments per the FSM aiming etc .....

- please take the time and also MAKE the time to review the below TECH Video also

- its a in-depth Kustom Koito LED Kit installation video and technical resource media specific to my exclusive product offering , and will answer your questions so you can then make the more well informed decision to run what product i personally hand-make knowing that my clients will simply be a lot safer on and off road at night ......

1667008600860.png

Last edited:
I got the Japanese market Koito 24V lights in the mail today. The pattern on the glass dome matches the pattern on the original (SB) sealed beam units on my HZJ77 which I assume is for RHD countries. Plus they are different than the 12V Koito lights that come under Toyota p/n 81110-60P70 with the relay harness and all. The glass on the Toyota supplied 12V ones sticks out a little bit more also. Lastly, the Toyota supplied 12V ones have a different pattern on the glass (assuming for LHD countries) and some kind of shield inside the unit.

View attachment 3153424

View attachment 3153426 View attachment 3153428

View attachment 3153430

View attachment 3153432
Couldn't you just put a 24V H4 lamp in the 12V housings? It's the lamp that is voltage specific, not the housing itself. Then you'd have the correct LHD light pattern for driving here in the States.

Couldn't you just put a 24V H4 lamp in the 12V housings? It's the lamp that is voltage specific, not the housing itself. Then you'd have the correct LHD light pattern for driving here in the States.

yeah I could have….. :bang:

i'll have to look at the fluting on mine tommorrow and compare it with your pic, since the pattern and cutoff is perfect we'll see which way the flutes go.

dont beat your head on the wall just yet, differences in the housings and sheild between 12v and 24v could be for a reason, and dropping 24v bulbs in 12v housings may not reach full potential.

also, everything ive ordered from Japan has had a thank you note in the packaging, most hand written.

Last edited:
i dunno Matt, that third party review video isnt helping you sell those lights. in his particular review his before and after are in two different spots with no reference anyone would relate to, and at the end of the vid he has the lights on his wall, looks to be about 3 ft away and the pattern looks marginal.

i'm not sure your supposed to be advertising your own products for sale outside the vendor and sale areas, but since you are i'd be happy to do a real test and review of your offering if you want to send me a pair.

anyone can buy a Koito light kit, drop in some H4 LED from ebay and have brighter output with only ok pattern, lets see how your light kit stacks up and performs, i'll tell it like it is good or bad

you ready?

Last edited:
i dunno Matt, that third party review video isnt helping you sell those lights. in his particular review his before and after are in two different spots with no reference anyone would relate to, and at the end of the vid he has the lights on his wall, looks to be about 3 ft away and the pattern looks marginal.

i'm not sure your supposed to be advertising your own products for sale outside the vendor and sale areas, but since you are i'd be happy to do a real test and review of your offering if you want to send me a pair.

anyone can buy a Koito light kit, drop in some H4 LED from ebay and have brighter output with only ok pattern, lets see how your light kit stacks up and performs, i'll tell it like it is good or bad

you ready?

i wonder what would happen if the worlds first 100% all glass LED H4 kit for any 7" round application globally was installed in your non-land cruiser vehicle platform ?

🤔

Last edited:
i'll have to look at the fluting on mine tommorrow and compare it with your pic, since the pattern and cutoff is perfect we'll see which way the flutes go.

dont beat your head on the wall just yet, differences in the housings and sheild between 12v and 24v could be for a reason, and dropping 24v bulbs in 12v housings may not reach full potential.

also, everything ive ordered from Japan has had a thank you note in the packaging, most hand written.

I would be interested in seeing the fluting on yours.

The Japanese always do the thank you note for anything I get from buyee as a private sale. It is nice a nice touch even though I can’t read it.

hey Honger,,,, i like Headlight Revolution and you can watch a couple of his other videos if you really want to delve into the LED headlight world and get some real explanations, BUUUUUT, this vedeo has the cream of the crop reviewd, and included the Holley retrobright for you to look at.

It really is hard to argue with these. It's what I currently have and the beam is perfect...

@RHINO got me sold on those. I just swapped the 24V bulbs from the other Koito set into them is all.. Still waiting on the new hardware then I will put it all in.

I’ve been obsessed with lights for a long time......when I sold accessories at a dealership in the late 90s, we sold lights for Hummer H1s.....we were outfitting these crazy scavenged HID setups in those trucks way back then. Bulbs were like $300 each as I recall. There were zero options....unlike now.

I’ve used a lot of lights over the years.....lately we’ve been stuck on the Holley Retrobrights. They’re really nice lights. They look like a traditional light and put out some really good light. I’ve run them 6 months on my 60 and I love them. I use to use the gen 1 Truck Lites.....they looked semi normal. Good lights. Military spec. One of the trucks runs the Gen 2 variant and those are nice as well. But for me, the Holleys do everything I need them too. Most, importantly, they don’t look stupid :)

I finally installed the headlights today from set p/n 81110-60P70 but swapped out the 12V bulbs with the 24V bulbs from Koito. All went well and looks great. High beam indicator shows on the dash.

8414EFB5-CE1E-446F-B3E4-88E09ADD1CE2.png

I didn’t have to use any of that extra wiring that is provided with the 81110-60P70 kit.

Last edited:
Lastly, the Toyota supplied 12V ones have a different pattern on the glass (assuming for LHD countries) and some kind of shield inside the unit.

So to confirm - the 24V Koito housings. Those are for RHD countries and project differently that the Toyota housings made for LHD countries?

Sorry, I'm confused.

Which housings should I buy to drive my truck here in the States?

I probably did a poor job explaining what I did in this thread. Sorry.

You should buy 81110-60P70 if you want proper LHD projection but they come with 12V bulbs. In my case, I just swapped them out.

I didn’t have to use the supplied wiring, zip ties that came with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom