65 swb fj45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course I had to park here!
12-12 -11 085.jpg
12-12 -11 068.jpg

Ok, with Tonys permission the saga of the little red truck continues!!!

Burbank, Ca. to Cruiser Crawl- Hot Springs, AK. Leave Oct 4th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes it is true, I guess I will let the cat out of the bag:grinpimp:, making that cross the country Drive we all dreamed about as Young men but never managed to pull off!!! The weather should be perfect for such an epic journey!:p

Mudshiping (Via 1965 Fj45-SWB) available (Limited Space).

Leaving Marks Offroad Oct.4th enroute to :hillbilly:Hot Springs Ark.---Southern Cruiser Crawl:hillbilly: , Then Home to Atlanta as well!!!

Tentative Route: Burbank,Ca. , Death Valley, North Rim Grand Canyon, Four Corners, Possible Moab, Colorado, on to Hot Springs, Then on to Atlanta. Nothing is written in stone---Looking for Awesome views, Unusual, Unique Stuff and People!!!.

:princess:+ Hendog could use :beer::beer::beer: , Suggestions,and Accomadations along the way as well!

Whitey,

Today was the day and it has been a long day. Driving in the rain sucks. I just got everything put away and will take pictures tomorrow. I need to hose it out pretty good, lots of dirt and spiders. I already have questions for you experts. It can be a crap shoot buying a vehicle from pictures on the internet, I am very happy with the over all condition of this truck, though it is not with out its issues.
Hello, Rockcod. I'm just now getting around to reading this thread when I looked to see that you brought this 45 home on the exact same day that I brought my '65 SWB 45 home, Feb. 22, 2009. You mentioned that it rained when you brought it home. I got soaked bringing mine home, too. Thought you'd like to know. Pete Williams, Rocklin, CA.

Long overdue: Update on the seldom seen Unicorn! AKA "The little red truck".
Even in California rust never sleeps! Tony had pointed out the bed supports were in pretty bad shape, well heres what was found. Brace yourselves the patina is gone as is quite a bit of money out of my bank account! :cry:
8759.jpeg
8844.jpeg
8682.jpeg
20190325_205541.jpg
8961.jpeg

Between Tony and me this Truck is very solid front to back now, and waiting for more funds or fun, which ever comes first I suppose. Rest assured it gets driven and wheeled quite a bit. 🦄

9320.jpeg
Screenshot_20190325-191507_Chrome.jpg
9350.jpeg
9349.jpeg
9357.jpeg

I still have the old (reproduction) hubcaps, but they need to be rechromed. Anyone have a reliable shop near Lexington NC? I'd rather not ship them because I dont trust the Federal Government (postal division). How are everyone else's holding up?
Anyone know where these were sourced by @rockcod ?

Also in need of a solid and straight PASSENGER running board for a 1965, this will make the truck complete , straight, and solid! Boy doesn't this fender look slick! Almost like new.
Pete the body guy knows his stuff! And the best part is he's not on mud!!! :yawn:
9282.jpeg

Last edited:
I haven’t been following along on where this truck ended up.

Glad it went to a good home!
I'm going to post an update on the "Playtime for Hendog" thread started by @65swb45 as well soon.

It's time for an update on this old SWB and I thought rather than starting a new thread I'd continue her story here in Tony's original build thread.

As many of you know Tony sold the "little red truck" to Henry (aka Hendog on the board) way back in 2013. In his time of ownership Henry took the truck on endless Cruiser adventures all over the Southeast and beyond, even driving coast to coast in the old girl! I always figured He would be buried in the 45 as I couldn't fathom him ever letting her go. However in April of last year I caught Henry in what could only be described as a bout of momentary insanity and I was able to procure the 45 :D

Henry was more than a little reluctant to let her go.
IMG_0097.JPEG

But he eventually came around as I promised to take good care of her
IMG_0099.JPEG

He also threw in some unobtainium OEM bits to sweeten the deal
IMG_0611.JPG

And even treated me to some world famous Lexington BBQ, which lived up to the hype.... delicious!
IMG_0613.JPG

A few hours later she was safe at home in my carport and I couldn't have been happier :beer:
IMG_0625.JPG

Over the next 8 months the 45 served happily as my designated errand runner, trash hauler, and general family fun vehicle.

IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0628.JPG
IMG_0699.JPG
IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

More to come...

Guess you miss your last one! These are a lot more fun when you can use them! Pull the rear caps and see if Whitey is written on the inside still!!! Goes way Back when Tony owned it! I can’t believe it still has blue doors!!! Oh and the top came from a friend of mine!! ( was one of the most solid I had ever seen!)

Guess you miss your last one! These are a lot more fun when you can use them! Pull the rear caps and see if Whitey is written on the inside still!!! Goes way Back when Tony owned it! I can’t believe it still has blue doors!!! Oh and the top came from a friend of mine!! ( was one of the most solid I had ever seen!)
I did literally LOL when I pulled these off to change the tires a few months back.View attachment 2329102

This made me literally laugh out loud!!! I remember this!! As for the top, I actually hauled that top for Craig from PMC Swapmeet to his place in Belmont!! Good times!
Looks like you and your family are having a ball with it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom