65 swb fj45 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Murphy's Law Took hold while I was 500 miles away from my tools and garage. In my rush to get the rig done in time, I did not fully tighten the high low range shifter coupler. Yep, the shaft fell down in the case, luckily it did not drop all the way down. Of course I was unable to access it from underneath, so out came the seats and trans cover. Georg was able to get the shifter back into position and get the twin stick linkage block back on and we were moving again.
1965 swb 205 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 206 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 207 (Medium).jpg

great lookin rig... well done...

A few issues came up with the trans and t-case at the 45 run. I picked up a very low mileage 4 speed from an FJ60 from Dave at Marlin's, and Georg rebuilt the case for me. Last weekend we took the truck to Surf n Turf for its maiden voyage. The power of the 2F, the quiet and easy operation of the the 4 speed and t-case makes this thing a lot fun to drive, though there is still a lot of work to do to get it where I envision it.
1965 swb 028 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 024 (Medium).jpg

A photo of what my truck aspires to be!
1965 swb 006 (Medium).jpg

I finally got around to installing the front bumper I won at the 45 Run this year. I drilled out the rivets holding the factory bumper mounts to the frame. I then used the factory holes to temporarily mount the bumper until I figure out which power steering unit I will be going to use. Now I just need to get it bead blasted and powder coated.
Picture 050 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Tony!!
What winch you going to run?

Ken,
I am not sure if I am going to put a winch on it or not. We are in the process of trying to get the blue 40 (Sully) back, hopefully it all pans out, it will become our trail rig. I am not going to get too crazy with this one. It will be wheeled, just not very hard.

Whitey,
There is not a doubt in my mind the hubcap bandit will strike again, whether it will be under the cloak of darkness, downpour of rain or the height of the afternoon sun. Always a good time when you and Mark are around!!

I cracked up at those hubcap pics...priceless.

You know,....for a small Fosters Fee..I can be hired as a hubcap bodyguard. ;)

The rig looks great, keep up the hard work. One of my favorite 45's for sure.

Damn Tony, whats the world coming to when you have to hire a bodyguard for hubcaps.

If Marky is the body guard,I will not lay a hand on those hubcaps!!:doh::bang: I'd rather take a swim out to the farallon islands!!!! You dont wanna mess with this guy!
fj45 run 2010 043.jpg

If Marky is the body guard,I will not lay a hand on those hubcaps!!:doh::bang: I'd rather take a swim out to the farallon islands!!!! You dont wanna mess with this guy!

Exatcly, he's a baaaaaad man!!!!!!

Got some new shoes mounted on the refurbished wheels. I could not find the 33 9.50's that were on the truck, so I opted for 33 10.50's instead.
KM2s?
Look great. Any issues finding a shop to mount them? I have heard some places want to argue about the width of the stock rim.

KM1's 4WPW mounted them, no problems at all.

Put the truck to work this weekend, picked up Christmas trees for us and the in-laws. The kid that loaded up the trees, stopped and stared at the truck and said "I dont know what that is, but it is bad-ass!!!" It made the wife laugh :lol:
clifford (Medium).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom