65 swb fj45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitey,

Today was the day and it has been a long day. Driving in the rain sucks. I just got everything put away and will take pictures tomorrow. I need to hose it out pretty good, lots of dirt and spiders. I already have questions for you experts. It can be a crap shoot buying a vehicle from pictures on the internet, I am very happy with the over all condition of this truck, though it is not with out its issues.

Whitey,

Today was the day and it has been a long day. Driving in the rain sucks. I just got everything put away and will take pictures tomorrow. I need to hose it out pretty good, lots of dirt and spiders. I already have questions for you experts. It can be a crap shoot buying a vehicle from pictures on the internet, I am very happy with the over all condition of this truck, though it is not with out its issues.

Welcome back Tony, Glad you made it home OK :steer:

Well, 1 pic from today, we stopped in Lebec/Frazier Park area rest stop.
Picture 820 (Medium).jpg

Heres the story on this truck. It was originally sold in 1965 in Sanger at Benny's Toyota, traded in 1967, bought from Sangers again, to a grape farmer. He drove this truck up until 1996. He had several small fender benders on his farm and his family took his license away. He was in his 80's at that time. The family sold his truck to the guy I bought it from in 1997. He drove it until 2003 and has been in his workshop ever since. So now I am owner #4 and could not be happier!! You wanted pics, well here you go.
1965 swb 046 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 047 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 048 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Factory spare tire carrier or spare handle bars for an edger?
1965 swb 045 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 051 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 052 (Medium).jpg

Both floor pans are rock solid no rust or pitting. How many miles do you have to drive to wear out an accelerator pedal?
1965 swb 060 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 059 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 054 (Medium).jpg

Some of the motor and the cool original black plate.
1965 swb 042 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 013 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 014 (Medium).jpg

Areas that need some work. The local Sheriff's department would use the farmers truck for some reason or another. They put 2 bullet holes in the truck. The rear part of the bed has an entrance and an exit wound and has rusted over the years. And the damage caused by the farmer.
1965 swb 049 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 050 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 019 (Medium).jpg

More on the damage. Bulkhead has been pushed forward a bit and a little rust. .45 hole through the floor. I think Barney Fife was driving this thing. Are these the original seat belts?
1965 swb 003 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 005 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 057 (Medium).jpg

Truck looks great Tony, I have seen the same seatbelts in some of my 45's over the years,so I would say yes they are original and very hard to come by these days..... I love the bullet holes,these old trucks have stories to tell...call me at the shop...

So now for my plans for this truck.

Immediately:

Make it stop and steer. (yes, 4 wheel disc, power steering)
Rebuild carb.
Replace intake/exhaust gasket.
Change all fluids.
Tune up.
Fix the leaky diff plugs.
Drive the crap out of it :)

Dom inspired me to work on it and drive it as I go. Thanks brother!!

Down the road:

Repair rust areas.
Replace front fender and running boards.
4 or 5 speed trans and t-case.
2F motor
Anything else that might jump into my head.

That truck is bad ass Tony. Glad it went to you. I hope you saved that fortune cookie not. Talk about freekin Karma. I would frame that.

One of the first 2 owners, I am guessing owner #2 put these jerry can holders in the bed, kinda cool. The only real rust in the bed was from the exhaust leaking on to the underside of the bed (seepic 1,3) and the factory sway bar. It had been removed when owner #3 put the OME lift on the truck.
1965 swb 021 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 002 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 020 (Medium).jpg

Can anyone tell me what this thing does, and is there a cover for it? Spare bug catcher doors and factory rear springs. Well that is enough for now.
1965 swb 028 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 041 (Medium).jpg
1965 swb 039 (Medium).jpg

That truck is bad ass Tony. Glad it went to you. I hope you saved that fortune cookie not. Talk about freekin Karma. I would frame that.

Kelly,

I still have it, Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom