60 series cargo sliding windows group buy interest? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning on ordering a set of sliding windows from Australia and a few vendors have quite a few sets. They were saying the freight on multiples wasn’t much more than ordering just one. Was wondering if anyone else wanted a set?

What brand? If I remember right, some say they leak because/if they don’t have the proper curvature.
Price/brand dependent I may be in for a set.

That’s what I was assuming coming from down unda. Which hopefully doesn’t mean out of my price range…..

I can’t say I used my rear windows a “lot” when I had 80 series trucks, but it sure was nice when it was time to use them

Yeah they’re oem Toyota. I’m still waiting on some estimates but the shipping is going to cost more than the actual windows themselves I think. They’ll be original so they’ll need to be rebuilt. There is a really good thread here on how to rebuild them. I figured I’d see if anyone was looking for some before I just ordered my own.

Doesn’t look too bad.

@dbbowen shipping cost me more than the windows, so you’re on the right track haha. I’ve been sitting on them for about a year and realized I should have ordered the rubber “bailey channel” at the same time. That’s the thing sold by Scott’s Old Rubber in the write up. I should have had Scott send the rubber to the guy shipping me the windows so it would all come together and save on shipping. Point being maybe do a group buy on the rubber strip at the same time.

Man I would love some, but car break ins are already a problem out here:confused:

would kill me to break another $$ window

hah at least youd have your solid windows as back up replacements!

@dbbowen shipping cost me more than the windows, so you’re on the right track haha. I’ve been sitting on them for about a year and realized I should have ordered the rubber “bailey channel” at the same time. That’s the thing sold by Scott’s Old Rubber in the write up. I should have had Scott send the rubber to the guy shipping me the windows so it would all come together and save on shipping. Point being maybe do a group buy on the rubber strip at the same time.
Oh man good point. I think ive got a line on some rubbers here in the US but i need to make sure theyll work for these 80 series windows. My buddy sells a rebuild kit for firstgen 4runner windows that uses some 80 series parts.... I have been barking up the tree of buying your set off of you for a while now hahaha

Ok so if you are serious about getting a set, shoot me a pm, so far its me and one other person. Id like to get an order in somewhat soon so i can get them in

hah at least youd have your solid windows as back up replacements!

Oh man good point. I think ive got a line on some rubbers here in the US but i need to make sure theyll work for these 80 series windows. My buddy sells a rebuild kit for firstgen 4runner windows that uses some 80 series parts.... I have been barking up the tree of buying your set off of you for a while now hahaha
Oh, you're getting 80 Series windows - I guess I didn't understand that. I got the OEM non-US 60 Series windows so they'd be a direct fit. The bailey channel and other weather stripping might be totally different on the 80 vs 60 windows, but in the thread you linked it looked like nobody found a good bailey channel for the 60 windows until Chase ordered the one from Scott's in Oz. I know they 60 & 80 windows are different size/shape, are you sure they'll fit?

Oh, you're getting 80 Series windows - I guess I didn't understand that. I got the OEM non-US 60 Series windows so they'd be a direct fit. The bailey channel and other weather stripping might be totally different on the 80 vs 60 windows, but in the thread you linked it looked like nobody found a good bailey channel for the 60 windows until Chase ordered the one from Scott's in Oz. I know they 60 & 80 windows are different size/shape, are you sure they'll fit?
No, im getting AUS spec 60 series windows. Sorry my wording wasnt quite right on my last post You can use the 80 series rubbers on a few different vehicles. like the center vertical strip. I havent fully gone through the rebuild thread on here but is the bailey channel you are talking about for the surround, the vertival felt strip, or the lower channel it rides in? Partsoq also has a lot of these rubbers readily available

No, im getting AUS spec 60 series windows. Sorry my wording wasnt quite right on my last post You can use the 80 series rubbers on a few different vehicles. like the center vertical strip. I havent fully gone through the rebuild thread on here but is the bailey channel you are talking about for the surround, the vertival felt strip, or the lower channel it rides in? Partsoq also has a lot of these rubbers readily available
"bailey channel" is a term I'm borrowing from the other thread, but I had never heard it before. It's the dual-groove rubber strip on the interior diameter of the window frame that both pieces of glass ride in. Everything else is available from my local dealer, my guy can get all the parts for the locks/handles in 2 days. In other words there's domestic stock. I'm not sure if that's because it's the same parts as the US-spec 80 Series locks & handles or what. I did see the center divider for the 60 isn't available, but Chase was able to use the 80 Series part and cut it down. And don't forget the little shims to center the window in the opening.

Anyway, I hope you get some purchase on this group buy, because I wasn't able to nail down the sourcing. Places like FJ40 Guru and Mr Landcruiser certainly have them, but getting them over here is no cheaper than sourcing ones already in the states. Getting the windows from Marketplace or whatever is the way to go (at least for the prices), but then finding somebody trustworthy enough over there to drive around collecting multiple sets of windows, not to mention palletizing them, was my issue.

"bailey channel" is a term I'm borrowing from the other thread, but I had never heard it before. It's the dual-groove rubber strip on the interior diameter of the window frame that both pieces of glass ride in. Everything else is available from my local dealer, my guy can get all the parts for the locks/handles in 2 days. In other words there's domestic stock. I'm not sure if that's because it's the same parts as the US-spec 80 Series locks & handles or what. I did see the center divider for the 60 isn't available, but Chase was able to use the 80 Series part and cut it down. And don't forget the little shims to center the window in the opening.

Anyway, I hope you get some purchase on this group buy, because I wasn't able to nail down the sourcing. Places like FJ40 Guru and Mr Landcruiser certainly have them, but getting them over here is no cheaper than sourcing ones already in the states. Getting the windows from Marketplace or whatever is the way to go (at least for the prices), but then finding somebody trustworthy enough over there to drive around collecting multiple sets of windows, not to mention palletizing them, was my issue.
So ive got a good source where the sets are about $200-300 usd ish. The shipping to the US is about $300 usd and what really kills it. They were saying if they ship them all together, it wouldnt really increase the shipping price very much so figured i coudl try and help some folks out while getting mine. If not ill just order one set haha Thinking about trying to pick up some fender flares while im at it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom