5.3l, nv4500, np205, centered rea mini hybid driveline length questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could not go any farther forward, because of the inside of the wheel arch. Need to modify the transverse type box beam.

Hate to limit up travel, but may need to lower the bump stop a little.

Need to extend trans hump also.

So, question. 10" ORI struts will be a piece of cake in the rear. fitment wise.

The plan has been 5" of up travel to keep the lift as low as possible.

I know the strut will not care if I get a longer say 12" and air it up to have 5" of up travel 7" down. but should i care?

Is there an error in this thinking ? should up and down travel be equal ? or stick with a 10" or go longer?

I think down is better then up. As long as you have adequate up travel (4" or so) for street driving, letting your suspension droop as far as is reasonable is actually kind of like free travel. The path doesn't care why the wheel is on it, just how much weight is on that wheel for the best traction - thus, 4 tires on the ground are better then 3... how you do that? up to you. Best of all, the lower your CG the more stable your rig will be. Of course, if you're desert racing - then ignore everything I just said (well, maybe except the CG comment).

What is the intended purpose of the rig?

Planning on any rockcrawling or just a hunting/beach rig??

What is the intended purpose of the rig?

Planning on any rockcrawling or just a hunting/beach rig??

Hunt yes beach yes daily driver yes

I really would like to park it in a storage shed in colorado, packed full of camping gear.

I'd also like to take it to moab. But not on a trailer.

So it's not going to be a hard core crawler. oh yea I am in this section

Didn't want to build a rotisserie. but just had to. Too hard to weld on my back. Between the frame and the body.

IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_3894.JPG

IMG_3897.JPG

these pictures show the Toyota Sienna rear mini van seat centered on the steering wheel hole.

Should I cheat the seat to the left for a little for more center console room?

Will most definitely move the passenger side outboard a little

1/2" or 1"

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

I'll be pissed if I move it left and later it bothers me. I see some VW and BMWs where they don't line up.

Definitely center it in steering wheel, otherwise feels very wierd to drive.

The rear are going to be a PITA, they will need to be drenched into the frame, and probably played back at and angle.
Need to drag the body across town set in on, and cypher out where to put the rear struts.

seat brackets done. Had to repatch a patch. just didn't pass the straight edge test. it'll body work flat now, with min filler.

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom