2022 VDJ76 70th Anniversary Edition - GCC spec - Sandy The Camel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Folks!!! I have imported the vehicle mentioned on the subject... Still over the moon!!! Vehicle it's pending registration (stupid holiday days down here! :mad:) so no real driving yet... At least went rogue and tinted windows are done! Most mods are piling up pending registration... Hope you like it! More pics at IG overlanding506... Happy new year!

PXL_20221223_163606537.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20221224_170608318.jpg
PXL_20221224_170612781.jpg
PXL_20221224_174020718.jpg
PXL_20221224_170626139.jpg

Last edited:
Love the 70th anniversary series. Absolutely gorgeous.
The fog lights are neat, they are combined with daytime running lights.
And behold, it has a tray in the middle, where you can put down an object like a phone.
No other 70s has that ;)
The 70th badge is impossible to source other than from a new 70th model.
Other than the good looks it's a VDJ76 like the others.
I would have gone for the GRJ76, why did you choose the turboed Diesel engine?
How is the situation of diesel quality and prices compared to gasoline in CR?

Love the 70th anniversary series. Absolutely gorgeous.
The fog lights are neat, they are combined with daytime running lights.
And behold, it has a tray in the middle, where you can put down an object like a phone.
No other 70s has that ;)
The 70th badge is impossible to source other than from a new 70th model.
Other than the good looks it's a VDJ76 like the others.
I would have gone for the GRJ76, why did you choose the turboed Diesel engine?
How is the situation of diesel quality and prices compared to gasoline in CR?
Thanks!!! most of the ‘upgrades’ are eye candy. I’m not complaining but to be honest doesn’t make much difference to me… I mean, those are nice creature comforts, but none of those stand aside the legendary reliability and dependability of the 70’s which was my main goal.

The pillar badges can be found on eBay (if folks want to pretend they got an actual 70th Anniversary edition 🤷🏻‍♂️ whatever rock their boat 🤣).

Why did I chose the TDI engine? Well… that’s what was available 🤷🏻‍♂️ Is there something should I be concerned? 🤔

Any fuel is crap here!!!! I have the good practice of putting additives with every fill up to try to compensate this unfortunate fact. I’ll be also including in the mods a secondary fuel filter and a catch can.

Have a good one!

Incredible rig! Congratulations! :grinpimp:

Sure! Does this work for you?

View attachment 3206715

(It was meant to be included on the post but I duplicated a picture 🤦🏻‍♂️ Can't seem to edit the post yet 🤷🏻‍♂️)
Thanks …..
It seems there are 2 different versions of the “scooped” hood. One has internal vertical bracing (looks like popsicle sticks) while the other one doesn‘t.

Thanks …..
It seems there are 2 different versions of the “scooped” hood. One has internal vertical bracing (looks like popsicle sticks) while the other one doesn‘t.
Isn’t that something to do with pedestrian safety? I think @c2dfj45 ordered one of the new ones specifically because it looked better…

Isn’t that something to do with pedestrian safety? I think @c2dfj45 ordered one of the new ones specifically because it looked better…
I had read where is was mandated in certain markets for pedestrian safety. I’m not sure that’s correct and to the untrained eye I can see how that could make a difference. 😊
….. and yes they look cool.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm honestly curious 🤔 sorry for the ignorance
I recall a 4XOVERLAND YouTube video where Andrew talked about the change being due to pedestrian safety. I’ve not read or seen that mentioned anywhere else. Perhaps the boys from Down Under can chime in.

I put one on for the top mount intercooler I got from Cross Country....they did one for a truck similar to my build with the 1HDT and the wide nose. The larger hood scoop has to do with pedestrian safety....I would guess they wanted a crumple zone between the unlucky person who ended up on the hood and the motor under it...it’s quite a bit taller than the standard hood scoop....so more room to collapse. I saw the larger ones referred to as DPF hoods at one point because I think they came along when the DPF systems were added to the VDJs in 17 I think. Little foggy on the last part though.

This is what I had remembered reading when I fell down the DPF hood hole a long time ago...

"70 Series whisperers will note the bulky new bonnet. It’s muscled up to improve pedestrian safety by creating a larger gap between the bonnet and the top of the engine."

I recall a 4XOVERLAND YouTube video where Andrew talked about the change being due to pedestrian safety. I’ve not read or seen that mentioned anywhere else. Perhaps the boys from Down Under can chime in.
Oh... I don't recall running into that particular 4XOVERLAND episode... I'm curious about what actually accomplishes on the pedestrian safety level 🤔 Hopefully some Aussie boys can enlighten us....

This is what I had remembered reading when I fell down the DPF hood hole a long time ago...

"70 Series whisperers will note the bulky new bonnet. It’s muscled up to improve pedestrian safety by creating a larger gap between the bonnet and the top of the engine."

I wonder if the Roo’s were consulted in this change. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom