2017 Portsmouth Island trip (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have scheduled a first thing friday morning ferry trip, but got an email this morning that there is an award ceremony at school for my daughter friday morning. We were planning on driving there thurs night and taking the ferry out friday morning. The easiest solution would be take the ferry out in the afternoon on friday, the only problem is that there are no friday slots open. I'm wondering if there is anyone here that would want to trade an afternoon spot for a morning spot on friday.

Hmm they had nothing early Friday am when I called weeks ago. I have a 11 ferry on Friday, does that help at all?

That would be great, it will save me having to leave at 3:00 am friday morning.

I wound up changing my day off from thurs to monday, I'm going out friday with dog and 4 year old son. My wife is driving her 80 with daughters and her father on sat morning, and were all staying until monday morning at 11. One more cruiser to the mix.

Also, are there any meal voids? Would be glad to chip in.
Saturday PM, it looks like @SeanLX is cooking, but I'm willing to bet we'll still need another.

Dessert is always nice :)

I'm bringing my friend Deb and she is going to make some brownies and other snacks. I will load up with some fire wood since I'm the closest person to this event. Wonder how much wood will fit in a hundy lol

I can bring firewood as well, I should have space. We make kiln dried usda certified wood where I work, so the transport over 50 Miles is not an issue.

I was planning on bringing a flat or two of wings.
Talked with my BIL and he's still in for the trip.

I was planning on bringing a flat or two of wings.
Talked with my BIL and he's still in for the trip.
Will we have to wait for time to cure them or will you do it?:flipoff2: Just curious...can't remember if you're kitchen friendly.

What day/time is your ferry? I think our ferry is 3pm Thursday with Alex, Eric and Shandor. Too lazy to read back through the thread!

Will we have to wait for time to cure them or will you do it?:flipoff2: Just curious...can't remember if you're kitchen friendly.

What day/time is your ferry? I think our ferry is 3pm Thursday with Alex, Eric and Shandor. Too lazy to read back through the thread!

I can hold my own in the kitchen. Last year they got a little dry, but I blame the beer :)

I'm on the same ferry as y'all.
-D

I'm on the same ferry.

I'd recommend someone else being in charge in the kitchen Saturday night but I'm happy to bring food and help with what I can.

I'd recommend someone else being in charge in the kitchen Saturday night but I'm happy to bring food and help with what I can.
Behind the scenes work is going on for your part. We'll teach you a thing or two. Details coming via text or PM.

EDIT: not sure
what happened / happening to the font size. normal edits aren't working. damn technology.

Wait I️ can’t live offf of bourbon, beer and beef jerky for a few days?

Sorry, Adam. I fell asleep early last night after the stresses of voting.:bang: There was actually a candidate for School Board who's radio ad had her "...Axing for your vote". No, @tgadd 's wife wasn't running. That's it for politics. Back to the trip!
14 Adults
3 Kids

Total Arrivals By Day:
THU = 9Adults
FRI = 3A + 1Kid
SAT = 2A + 2K

Does anyone recall- wasn't there a fridge in the cabin?
I'm going to bring an 18 pack of eggs and some sausages to contribute to breakfasts also.
@JohnVee my BIL is going to PayPal funds over today

No , but we have plenty of enviro coolers . For food. They want to sell you ice for a fortune!

No fridge but we’ll have a few arbs and enviros on hand. You can always crack them into a nalgene or an empty juice bottle to ease transport. Just don’t shaken them up to scramble them ahead of time in case we need a single egg for something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom