2017 Portsmouth Island trip (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Portsmouth Island NC Ferry: Portsmouth Island Fishing

It's that last line that worried me. But thanks John for the heads up that bringing my trailer isn't worth it.
Worth is only determined by you. @Izzyandsue came out once in a tent and got pounded the first night. He reconfigured things for the next night and was happy. That wasn't a particularly windy trip, though. Last year, Sarah had no problem in a 1-person tent on Thurs and Fri nights, but Saturday would probably have blown her away. Granted, a trailer is more stable, but also keep in mind what I told @jimsmith1370 about his shiny new teardrop trailer - salt spray. Enough said.

Bliss....Dont bring a cheap Walmart 4 pole tent, that was my problem. Pole snapped in wind, must have been all of 20mph. But anyway, if you camp facing the ocean, use the dunes to protect from the wind on your back, worked perfectly afterwards even with broken pole.

IMG_0900.JPG

Hell of a place to make breakfast, look at this front yard if you camp facing the ocean, South side of the cabins about 500 yards.
IMG_0910.JPG

Paid.

I will be there for sure, but will be camping in my hundy. This will more than likely be my last trip with ONSC.

I live in Morehead City so if anyone wants to come down early let me know. I can possibly lodge a few people except @GLTHFJ60 haha

Marie and I are IN. This will be our 4th trip to Portsmouth with ONSC and we love it every time.

AT this exact moment I currently have a track meet scheduled saturday night so I definitely wouldn't be able to make it. But that may or may not change. If I come I will most likely be in my Silverado and sleeping in the bed under a camper shell. Unless I get the 40 resurrected by then, in that case I'll be in a tent anyways.

Just so you guys are aware, the Village of Portsmouth is closed until further notice until after they can assess any damage due to Maria passing thru. I would anticipate once they do their assessment, they will reopen the village. Morris Marina said they will be resuming ferry service on Friday (I think)

Okay, I've paid up and reserved a slot on the Morris Marina Ferry. I'm on the 3:00PM ferry. That also happens to be the ferry with a few slots left. The other time slots are all spoken for. If you plan on going to PI, I'd recommend going ahead and reserving very soon.

Also, the departure ferry slots for the 19th are also going quickly. I grabbed the 3:45, but there should be a few earlier ones left. They also tend to have cancellations and allow people to grab an earlier ferry if their is room.

gotta love the Carteret County, Eastern NC customer service. Just called and was told to call back in a hour, then don't answer the damn phone lol

I was told to call back Friday. I've emailed asking about dealing with us a group. Cari (CAR-EE) has always been helpful in the past.

I thought she said correeee! I wish I was back home I just drive down there and make it happen for us!

I made my arrangements on the 11 on Friday and leaving Sunday at 745. I'm shooting for later in the afternoon on Friday but that was all that was available at the moment.
She did mentioned she talked to some Yankee from charlotte ;)

Ferry booked for Thursday and Sunday.
Heading over with the group 3-something. Coming back at 145.
Looking forward to this!

Ferry booked for Thursday and Sunday.
Heading over with the group 3-something. Coming back at 145.
Looking forward to this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom