2017 Portsmouth Island trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like my brother in law is going to come with me. He's confirming PTO for those days. When have confirmation will send over PayPal.
-Derek

I'm out. Sorry to miss this trip yet again :mad:

Do we want to do something like meal sign-ups for this trip? Or try to do pot luck for dinners?

Do we want to do something like meal sign-ups for this trip? Or try to do pot luck for dinners?
In the past we've just had people pick a night or morning and then either do it all themselves or split duties with another person, right? With adjoining cabins again, running 2 kitchens is easy enough if somebody wants to split it and go full on buffet. Let's do this. Post up if you want to provide a dinner or breakfast and choose THURS (PM only), FRI, SAT or SUN (AM only). We'll shoot for 2 people per meal and figure out the rest. This gives us all roughly equal responsibility for food. Those that aren't gonna cook anything (like @forrest5000) can still provide the food and have somebody else cook it up (breakfast stuff, pasta, etc); we can give a shopping list to make it easy. If everybody also brings snacks/apps to share then we'll turn out just fine. I'll add the sign ups to Post #1 for easy reference.

Keep in mind that about half of us will be leaving early enough on Sunday to not need breakfast at the cabin.

***Keep an eye on the weather forecast and bring way more to share if it looks nasty!

I call a THURS dinner spot, and I'll volunteer to cook Eric F's contribution if he wants me to.

I call a THURS dinner spot, and I'll volunteer to cook Eric F's contribution if he wants me to.[/QUOTE]
Thanks

I've got a Friday dinner spot. I'll do chili like last year. I'll ry and bring a few extra items too, dessert, etc.

I'll be down to bring food for anyone to cook. With me in the process of packing and moving I'm not in a spot to be able to cook for people. I will glad buy breakfast items for Saturday if someone if willing to cook them.

Heads up! I'm going to keep hold of our third cabin only until 10/26. I'll release it on 10/27 so others who are waiting for one can have a chance at it with plenty of land time. We're currently at 8 bunks...9 when Adam comes to his senses. If Derek's brother in law makes it we'll still be under 12. So, if you're on the fence about going, PM me as soon as possible for my Paypal info if you want to secure a bunk.

Also, my offer of covering a cabin night before or after (if available) expires the day I release the cabin.

Shandor's will do Saturday breakfast with Adam. I will also make a pot of beef stew for Friday with Alex.

Welcome to the party @AJR and family! They claimed the third cabin and arrive on the first ferry Friday AM.
He told me he was going to try to make it ,good to see they are going to make it.

Just tell me what to bring I’ll have my assistant help cook.
@Meatball - can "your assistant" bring some bacon to cook? We are bringing 3 cans of biscuits (w/ jelly and butter) and plan on scrambling a bunch of eggs. Thx for help.

@Meatball - can "your assistant" bring some bacon to cook? We are bringing 3 cans of biscuits (w/ jelly and butter) and plan on scrambling a bunch of eggs. Thx for help.

You got it! I'll bring bacon, some eggs. Anything else?

We have scheduled a first thing friday morning ferry trip, but got an email this morning that there is an award ceremony at school for my daughter friday morning. We were planning on driving there thurs night and taking the ferry out friday morning. The easiest solution would be take the ferry out in the afternoon on friday, the only problem is that there are no friday slots open. I'm wondering if there is anyone here that would want to trade an afternoon spot for a morning spot on friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom